“SUPER HOTE TO STAY AT” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
MEDFORD NY, United States
“SUPER HOTE TO STAY AT”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

the towels, the linens,the room were all clean. The bed was super comfy, and roomy. the lights were adequate. the room had a microwave, mini fridge and coffee pot. the a/c was cold. The room was big , had a couch and a chair and a desk and a chair and a coffee table .. I would reccomend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Gary D, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS New England Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Thank you for your review! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay finding our hotel to be comfortable and that you would recommend it to anyone! Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

Looks nice on the outside but don't go in the pool, and wear your shoes in the room. Be careful of wobbly toilet seat and wake up in the middle of the night to a screaming match outside. The night stands had some kind of goop on them, the comforter was stained, the carpet was stained. I've stayed in Best Western before in VT and FL and had a nice experience, but I would not reccomend Berlin, CT.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Gary D, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS New England Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 26, 2014
We are sorry to hear about your stay and review which is in stark contrast to much of our other guests' feedback. We will certainly not take your comments lightly and will work to ensure that other guests do not have such an experience. Thank you for staying with us and your feedback.
Methuen, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

I was on a one night business trip and have always had a good experience at any Best Western I've stayed at. Had not stayed at this one before but it was close to where my meeting was to be held. I found the following: a friendly Staff, Nice clean comfortable room. good breakfast selection..I did not use the pool or the gym but I'm sure it would have been fine. I would highly recommend this one if you're in the area..

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Gary D, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS New England Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 26, 2014
Thank you for staying with us for your recent business trip. We strive to offer a satisfying experience to all of our guests, whether traveling on business or leisure and we are glad that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to seeing you again!
Norwich, CT, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel a number of times over the past few years and I have never had a problem. I am always met with a friendly smile and sometimes a cookie or two. Rooms are very clean and the hotel smells fresh and clean. Love the pool

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for staying with us over the years. We are glad you have enjoyed our hotel each time and we look forward to seeing you again!
New Bedford, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

This past weekend my mother and I stayed at the Best Western in Berlin CT. being a flight attendant for over thirty years I' m used to having stellar customer service skills and encountering clerks or customer service reps who have none. but to my dismay as soon as we arrived I was greeted by a very friendly and personable clerk named kiley. she welcomed us and helped my elderly mother with all her unrealistic demands that she places on hotels when she stays as a guest. The overall stay was very pleasurable and we felt as if we were treated as valued customers and just not a reservation that was booked online. Thanks again Kiley and Best Western hope to see you again soon!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Gary D, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS New England Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
Thank you for your review! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the personal and attentive service your experienced with our staff. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again.
Chandler, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

Everything was perfect. Quiet, comfortable, and clean! Would recommend this place for any occasion. Any time I had a question the hotel staff would go out of there way to get an answer. Seem to care about me as a guest!!!

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for your review! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and the personal attention you received from all of our staff. We thank your for staying with us and hope to see you again soon.
Brooklyn, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

We booked a room via a travel site on-line for our daughter's graduation from college. I then booked a second room directly with the hotel for my mother in law. Hence, one was full price, one was discount. BOTH were supposed to be non-smoking. I called the afternoon of the reservations to confirm we would check in around 9 and was told no problem. Upon arrival, the full-price room was fine but our room was smoking. We asked for a switch and the clerk said they were full and had no options. We asked to speak with the manager, Gary. She called him and she spoke to him by phone, right in front of us. I heard the whole conversation on her side. He refused to speak with us and she was in a bind. She hung up, said there was nothing she could do. We are public health docs and do not want to be subjected to smoke. We asked again to speak with Gary and she called back but this time, his WIFE was on the phone with the clerk and told her that he was unavailable. We pushed again, and rather than get on the phone with us, he authorized her to cancel both our rooms and to send us to the Comfort Inn in Hartford. TERRIBLE customer service in this bait and switch----moral of the story, pay full price or you take a risk. As for Gary, I thought it quite cowardly to put your clerk in the middle. She was a trooper and said "this happened to me last week, too". She deserves a big raise.

Room Tip: Book full price or go to another hotel.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Gary D, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS New England Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
Thank you for your review. Per your review, you had booked one of your rooms through a third party website and the exact room you booked was reserved for you. We're sorry that you did not check all of your details before booking your reservation. We do not feel it is fair that you put the burden of your mistake on our hotel or staff. As forr your belligerent attitude with our front desk clerk, I do commend her as well for maintaining her calm. Your review is grossly exaggerated and unfortunately also has statements which are untrue. Many of our guests enjoy our hotel as is evident by other reviews and the hotel's recent Tripadvisor Certificate of Excellence.

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS New England Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!