“owner badmouths me for reporting bedbugs, prostituion” 1 of 5 stars

Add it.
No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Berlin
Mt Royal Motel
2447 Berlin Tpke (aka Wilbur Cross highway), Berlin, CT 06037   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Berlin B&B and Inns
Sierra Blanca, Texas
“owner badmouths me for reporting bedbugs, prostituion”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2011

Place is filthy, There is a different car in the parking lot every hour coming and going, from fancy Escelades to junkers, everytime I checked out the curtain there was a different car in the parking lot which I would suspect this would be prostitution, I saw from very well to do people to almost street people. Owner saw me vehicle at a new place I am staying at and bad mouthing me to owner of new motel for reporting bedbugs jeopardizing my stay at this new place saying they were my fault. He was asking the owner of the new motel for my name and everything. He told the new motel owner I had to much stuff in the room and it was me that brought the bedbugs in. I was too emabarassed when I moved out of there to notify the owner of the Mt Royal Motel of the bedbugs, which they probably wouldn't have done anything anyways. ( I should have notified him when I left there) I left a note in the room saying this room had bedbugs and called the health dept. With all the possible prostituion and them never cleaning the rooms I do not know who carried in the bedbugs. I stayed there in a weekly basis for appox 2 months. Mattresses were never changed, and matthress pad was worn through and filth covered from never being washed.

I had to throw everything out that I owned (including family heirlooms from my dads estates and final last pictures of my father) because of the bedbugs, and basically had to start all over again ruining my life. Now the owner of the new motel is asking me on a daily basis what happened because this guy badmouthed me. My life is bad enough right now without this guy badmouthing me.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo

2 people have reviewed this hotel

Families
Couples
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2011

I stayed here weekly for 2 months and at first it was fine. Then there was too many "short stays" and riff raff passing through. There would be an occasional couple that would visit the room next store and the lady would be screaming. You could here it through the walls and even outside. Very narrow assigned parking spaces with no over flow or extrra parking, I always worried about by car getting slammed. Mattress had graffiti saying I love such and such on it, and mattress pad was filthy dirt black. Last straw is that I discovered bedbugs, upon thatI moved out and called the board of health. There was an ancient 60s couch covered with two slipcovers and I saw the bugs crawling up the couch , the nightstand, and on the bed and on myself. . Perimeter of room carpet had a layer of filth and dust build up. They never cleaned the room during my stay there unless I asked them to and it was self service with the sheets once a week. Only + is room had its own Satellite box instead of being in the office. During Irene , the storm, the place was completely empty and they still put this noisy guy in the room next door. Room #6 had the bedbugs. The bedbugs crawled into my important documents I had on the couch. I basically had to throw everything out and start over.

Room Tip: Do not stay here