Stayed here for a few days around July 4. Competitively priced, nice 1 BR 1 bath unit was good for two of us. Overall our experience was ok, we are experienced travelers and this was a "no frills" type trip for us. There are both facility and service concerns here.
If you stay near the highway/road i.e. Buildings 1 and 2 you will hear road noise, sometimes at a loud level. If you stay uphill away from the road you will hear train noise just fyi. Not a dealbreaker for us but could be for others..
Our primary concern is with the staff tone/attitude toward being responsible or more accurately, NOT responsible for your experience at the property. (with one pleasant and professional exception)
They continually refer to the property/facility as "they" i.e. we're not responsible for anything, that's the owner's problem, we're just the desk staff. The lack of personal / business responsibility as facility hosts/managers approached insulting. If I were an owner of a unit being managed here I would have serious concerns.
Couple of specifics:
- We were asked upon check-in "did 'they" inform you that 'they' impose a $20 supplies fee on you?" We're familiar with "cleaning fees" but this was not disclosed in advanced...just fyi.
- The plastic deck chairs were both cracked nearly in half, unsafe and certainly uncomfortable at best. I walked to the office to politely explain the situation and request a couple unbroken chairs and was told that this was "their" (i.e. the unit owners') problem and "they" would have to take care of it. Nothing more, no offer to provide a couple substitute chairs or inform the owners etc.
When I suggested that perhaps we could borrow a couple plastic chairs stacked up by the pool or deck I was met with blank stares until a third staffer came in and politely agreed.
- The grill on the deck didn't work (ignitor switch didn't function, not that unusual) and when I approached the staff to let them know they said "Oh yeah, "they" have had a lot of trouble with that"...no offer to help or provide a lighter or match, etc. Eventually I borrowed a match from a polite and professional third staffer but the process was excruciating...
We experienced several other encounters with this tone and the excuse "we're not the owner" is simply not good service nor is it good business.
Would I stay here again - yes but with only minimal expectations.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Winter Park Colorado lodging options vary in price and location with condos, homes and town homes available in the town of Winter Park or at the base of Winter Park Resort. If you are looking for a condo in the town of Winter Park that is affordable and conveniently located, we think that Destinations West at Beaver Village Condominiums is the best lodging choice for your next ski trip or summer vacation. In the lodging and vacation rental business since 1989, we know what it takes to offer the perfect lodging choice in Winter Park for our guests. We start with well maintained and updated condos, affordable lodging rates, great lodging deals plus a friendly staff! Our property management company, Destinations West, is located on-site at the Beaver Village condos complex, making our staff easily accessible our guests. Our dedicated team of lodging experts can guide you through our many lodging options. We offer 1, 2, 3, and 4 bedroom condos at our Beaver Village Condominiums complex and additional lodging options in the Winter Park area. From your initial point of contact with us, booking your reservation and finally staying with us, we think that you will be glad that you booked your vacation rental with us. We also think you will love working with our team! We have some of the best staff in the lodging business! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Destinations West at Beaver Village Condominiums reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beaver Village Condominiums Hotel Winter Park