“Great way to spend a morning off the slope” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 21 Activities in Winter Park
Asheville, North Carolina
“Great way to spend a morning off the slope”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

Came to Winter Park for a weekend ski trip but injured my knee a few days before the trip and had to take a day longer to recover. My doctor suggested snow mobiles until my knee felt better and I found GA tours online. Thanks Doc, what a great suggestion. Called on Friday and got a Sat. morning tour with William. Staff was very thorough and clear about all the fees and damage deposits and made sure you perfectly understood what could happen. Very good instructions and overviews by William. Never ridden a snowmobile before but was very comfortable after the first minute. This was the best Benjamin I've ever spent...great memory to last a lifetime. I think the tour admin. was named Melody and what a gem! Next time we come back, we're doing an unguided tour, trails go on for hours...highly recommend.

Golden, Colorado
“Great time!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

This is my 2nd trip with Grand Adventures in Winter Park. Both times were very fun. This time, our guide was Henry. I remember my son didn't bring a balaclava and Henry was nice enough to allow him to use his spare. There are many snowmobile businesses in the mountains, and I've been to a couple of others. I had good experiences with all of them, but my family will likely go straight to Grand Adventures for our next trip.

Melbourne Beach, Florida
14 attraction reviews
“Old worn out snowmobiles with problems!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014 via mobile

Dangerously loose steering on one of our machines. Hand pull starting required on the machines we got and could not get either machine to restart until they cooled down. Staff could care less about our disappointment and we were told they were a family business so they worked with what they had. Also was told the machines they rented to us have carborators and are hard to start in high altitude but they didn't tell us that until we got back. Also because of our frustrations we brought the machines back an hour and a half early and there was no discount. They only offered to send us back out on different old crappy looking machines. Don't go here if you can get to grand lake or steamboat with a different snowmobile company. We spent less and had great experiences there.

Visited March 2014
MelindaB_9, Manager at Grand Adventures Snowmobile Tours, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
We are sorry to hear that your experience with Grand Adventures was less than exceptional. We are continuously bringing in new inventory to our fleet, however some customers are placed on older machines due to the volume of bookings. It sounds like our staff offered to send you out on other machines upon your return.

We'd like to once again offer you the opportunity to ride on new machines with us and we can upgrade you to make sure that does indeed occur. If you are interested in a tour on us, please respond and we will send you a voucher for 2 single machine rentals on upgraded machines.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you and any enjoyment that may have been limited to your group.
The Great State of Oklahoma
“Save your money”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

Snowmobiles are new but very, very, very slow. Enjoyed the escalator at the airport more. If you have ever driven a snowmobile elsewhere, don't go here. The scenery was beautiful. The slow ride was boring and took away from the overall tour. Felt more like a first grade class going to a museum than a snowmobile trip. Try another company but stay away from these guys.

Visited March 2014
MelindaB_9, Owner at Grand Adventures Snowmobile Tours, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
We are sorry to hear that your experience with Grand Adventures was less than exceptional. Our guides base the speed on the groups comfort, ability and weather conditions for each tour they take out. We do offer unguided rentals that may have been more up to your excitement level and that allows you to ride at your own pace.

We'd like the opportunity to show you the true value of a Grand Adventures' experience with a complimentary tour on us. If you plan on visiting the Winter Park area again, and are interested in a rental on us, please respond and we will send you a voucher good for 2 double machines for 2 hours.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this caused your group and any enjoyment that may have been limited.
Houston, Texas
8 attraction reviews
“Snowmobile Steve!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

This was worth every penny. I was nervous about driving one by myself but Katy talked me into when I made the reservation. Glad she did because I wouldn't have had as much fun on the back behind my boyfriend. Snowmobile Steve made the trip absolutely epic! We had a blast taking pictures and riding trails. It was our first event on our road trip and it was the best way I could have imagined kicking off the trip. I've been telling everyone about it. My brother used his Go Pro and we got some great footage of the mountains and the trails. I don't suggest riding with 2 people. The two couples in our tour slowed us down a bit because the standard sleds don't seem designed to haul that much weight. Plus it's harder to take the tight turns and both couples lost control of their sleds briefly at one point or another. Just suck it up and pay for girl to drive her own. Cause she's gonna end up wrecking it with you on the back if you don't. If she can't drive a car, she won't do much better on a sled. Just sayin'