“Snowmobiling in Grand Lake, CO” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 21 Activities in Winter Park
Denver, CO
“Snowmobiling in Grand Lake, CO”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2012

We used the Grand Adventures Snowmobile Tours in Grand Lake, CO. The employees are great! They helped us get the right equipment, gave us a quick lesson on the snowmobiles, and sent us on our way for an unguided tour. It was amazing up there! We had so much fun! The six of us rode for four hours... following the trails and having some wild fun in some of the large open areas we'd come across now and then. The weather was perfect, cold, but not too bad, and the sky was blue!

Denver, Colorado, United States
“Total Blast - Amazing Time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2012

Our group of 6 rented snowmobiles for a 4-hour block of time during our visit at Grand Lake. 4 of the 6 go every year and have rented from G.A before. The manager working in the office was very friendly and helpful. She answered any questions we had and was helpful when it came to assisting us with the gear (helmets, 1-piece suits, etc). There was a brief instructional session where one of the guides went over how the snowmobiles worked, and explained the map/trail system. We did not have a guide that went with us, but we found the trail system fairly easy to follow and had a great time!!!!
Overall, we had a great time and I would recommend Grand Adventures to anyone wanting to have some fun snowmobiling in Grand Lake.

South Florida
11 attraction reviews
“Great time, excellent rates and great staff ! Bec was great !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2012

We originally were going to do a 3 hour unguided at the winter park location....we showed up and they had snow the night before and had some trouble clearing paths, so they could not allow us to do the unguided tours there....only guided. They suggested we head to their Grand Lake location if we wanted to do the unguided tour. It was about a 45 minute drive, but we really wanted to do the unguided tour since we are speed freaks. And so we drove. We got there and I guess the winter park location had called ahead to the grand lake location because the three of us had our Polaris RMK 600's lined up and waiting for us. That was a nice touch. We were greeted by a very cool girl named Bec and her cute dog Jaiger. She was extremely friendly and helpful.....the best customer service and service with a smile that I have seen in a long time ! She gave us excellent suggestions and really took care of us. We headed out to the gravel pit play area. My buddy and his brother both got stuck in deep snow ( I didn't) and so we had to spend 15-30 minutes each time trying to free the snowmobile. It was a pain the butt. The first time, two snowmobilers stopped to help. The second time, we were at the gravel pit area and there was nobody in sight. The wind was howling, visibility low and super cold. We were huffing and pufffing hard to get that Polaris free...I didn't think we were going to be able to free it, but in the end we did. Because of this, I wasn't able to play in the gravel pit area. The trails in the grand lake area are pretty well laid out, but near the check in center, the trails can get very choppy. You have to go really slow and stand up on the snowmobile in order to ride that area properly. The trails are narrow and they are TWO WAY....meaning that you WILL have oncoming snowmobiles coming your way. It's scary sometimes, because the trails are narrow, the visbility is poor and you have blind corners. Snowmobiling is a very physically demanding sport, as you have to lean into the turns and the steering is tricky....a lot of control is needed of the handle bars and you are constantly trying to keep control....so it's tough on your arms and upper body. Getting stuck makes it even more physically demanding ! We had a great time overall though. I would really like to do the continental divide tour next time around as we intially had planned to do. But like I said, they were not offering the unguided tours at the winter park location due to machinery problems/weather problems. In the end, we ended up riding for close to 4 hours at their grand lake location. 4 hours is a good amount of time...and I think worth it if you really want to hit the gravel play pit area and enjoy it for at least 30 mins..since the treck to and from the gravel pit area takes a while (at least 1 hour each way) Thanks Bec for a great time !

Memphis, Tennessee
15 attraction reviews
“Had a blast!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2012

We loved this tour. There were 8 of us, and only I had snowmobiled before, so we went with the two hour Continental Divide tour. Great choice. It was a cold day, so several of us rented the suits, and they were toasty warm. There is a wide range of boots, (I even got help from our guide to get mine on!), and they were quite warm as well. They provide the helmets and the boots - we rented the suits. The snowmobiles are like new - in very good shape. Lance was our guide, and he gave us a nice overview to start, and then we were off! Such beautiful scenery, and great trails. Well groomed, and spacious. Lance stopped several times through out to check on everyone, and even had us switch up our order so the people who like to go fast could be in front, and those that wanted to go a little slower wouldn't be rushed. It worked well! He took pictures for us of the group up on top of the mountain, with Winter Park in the background. Very nice. I would recommend this for beginners - it is relaxed and easy. We loved the tour, and loved Lance. Thanks for a great day!

Sarasota, Florida
“AWESOME adventure!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2012

My friends and I decided it would be fun to go snowmobiling on the Continental Divide and it exceeded our expectations! I had never been on a snowmobile before and a novice skier, I didn't know what I was in for, but really enjoyed the experience. It's definitely something to add to your bucket list!!!