“Nice hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Winter Park
Palm Shores, Florida, United States
“Nice hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for one night. Got in late and overheard another guest say the drink machine was jammed, needed quarters for the machine. Next morning, got change from Jordan at the front desk. Then I asked for quarters as the same issue with drink machine from previous night. He told me they were out of quarters and to try the drink machine in the third floor! I thought that was kind of rude but did it anyway. That one was jammed too! He said he didn't have quarters, so I asked for dimes or nickels to be able to get a drink from the machine! I think they need more coins available if the machines are all going to jam up! Or he should have been more accommodating to my needs! But on a different note, the rooms were spacious, comfy beds, nice looking foyer of the hotel. We missed breakfast but the nice gentleman cleaning up the breakfast area gave me a couple muffins and what was left of the fresh fruit! He was very thoughtful and cared about my needs for breakfast, even if that's all I could get.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
BW-Alpenglo-Owner, Owner at BEST WESTERN Alpenglo Lodge, responded to this review, August 26, 2014
It is with sincere gratitude that I read your review. While there was a small issue that could have "clouded" your stay, you didn't let it bother you and acknowledged the other fine qualities about our hotel. Regarding the pop machine, that situation could have been handled much better and has been discussed with the staff member. We do not own the machines (the vendor does) but we'll do a better job of making sure they are in proper working order or at least have plenty of coins available when the bill collector is jammed. Thank you!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Grand Island, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

Hot tub was a very nice temperature, large, and located in a separate building. Room was comfortable and breakfast was very good and well staffed. It was a nice place and easy to get to. A bit short on parking, but in a busy resort type town that is not unusual. Only thing I did not like was the original rate was good for our room, but when I had to add another date that I did not schedule ahead, they charged a pretty high rate for the additional night. That wasn't so bad, but when I was in the lobby on their computer, the attendant at the front desk was offering the same type of room we had to others coming in at a lesser price. Seemed to me that they were just trying to make up the difference for the originally scheduled night that apparently they felt I got too cheap. BUT they did let us add to our reservation, and did not make us change rooms because they were scheduled separately.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Your kind review is appreciated and I'm glad you enjoyed your stay. As for the issue regarding your rate, and not knowing the specifics of your reservation, I can only speculate as to what occurred. I'm guessing the night added was a weekend night (Friday or Saturday) for which we do typically charge a higher rate. Our front desk should only be quoting rates that anyone could see elsewhere (on-line, in person, etc.), as we work very hard to maintain rate equity across all outlets. I'm wondering if they were discussing a discount plan that we honor (AAA, AARP, corporate accounts, etc.) and it was this discount that made the room lower than what you were paying. Rest assured, we do not discount one rate to a guest and try to "make it up" with a different guest. We hope you'll come see us again soon!
Austin, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

Our family (with little kids) really enjoyed our week long stay at this hotel. From the outside it appears to be a small hotel, but is quite clean and has a very good staff. The room we got was really well maintained and had all the amenities. The bathroom was well liked by each of us. The staff is very friendly and the breakfast was filling and clean.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and share your positive comments. When will you be coming our way again? We'd love to have you come back for a visit!
Warrington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

Over all nice place that I would stay again. The room was good size with comfortable queen beds. The room looked clean except for a hair band on the floor. The continental breakfast was ok but could have been better..

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Well - - - I'm glad you'd come see us again although it sounds like we might have fallen a bit short of expectations. All our rooms are inspected after being cleaned and before being made available for check-in, but we obviously missed the small item mentioned. Please accept my apologies for that. We do work hard to provide our guests with an outstanding breakfast - - - so if you have any ideas as to how you would help us make it better, please share them with us at info@wplodging.com . Thanks!
Longmont
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

Extremely friendly people working there made for a very pleasant experience. I stay at this place every year I go up for a music festival in town and have always had a positive experience there. I will be back next year.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thanks for such a nice review. While we like to think we run a nice property, it would just be another hotel without our kind and courteous staff. We look forward to seeing you next year (or sooner)!
Colorado Springs, CO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

The Best Western Alpenglow was and is always fantastic, friendly staff, great breakfast and most of all it is located in a perfect place, we park our car and can walk anywhere. We have stayed there ever year for 10 years.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

I am honored that you've chosen to stay with us for 10 years straight. You've now helped others know of our central location (just a block from Hideaway Park/summer concerts and on the Free resort shuttle route) added to the fact that one can leave the car and travel by foot all over town. Thanks again!
lafayette, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

wonderfully clean and well appointed rooms and excellent breakfast. Terrific location... best BBQ restaurant across the street. Rooms had refrigerator, microwave and coffee maker. There were wonderful waffles and all kinds of breads and eggs and sausage for breakfast,

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

So glad you enjoyed your stay! Our staff does a tremendous job of keeping the rooms well cleaned and working properly. Thanks for mentioning the breakfast, as we do a little more than is required, but feel that's important for guests to get a great value when they stay with us. Take care!

Been to BEST WESTERN Alpenglo Lodge? Share your experiences!