“Base during ski trip” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Winter Park
UK
“Base during ski trip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We were slight alarmed to be beside the elevator and drinks dispenser but manager advise they were full and we could not be moved. In Honesty the snow plough's made more noise so turned out not be to a problem at all. Clean and recently renovated.
Location was about 5 miles from Winter Park and Mary Jane but as we had a car this was not a problem at all.

Happy to recommend this or stay again if in the area. Booking on line also offered discounts due to length of stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

I must admit the pictures do not make the hotel seem very pleasant. But in reality it is EXTREMELY clean the beds were very comfortable and it looked as though the rooms had been recently updated. Some of the decor in the rooms is not 5 star but it was new, CLEAN and the best price in town with breakfast. I always travel with my own pillow and found that I did not need it at this hotel. The hot tub is in a separate building directly behind the back stairs in a nice little hut. It is so close to the hotel that we did not get cold before we got in. Defiantly recommend for anyone wanting affordable clean, comfy accommodations.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Boulder, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

Recently stayed here twice. First time room was your typical BW hotel room, nothing special but clean and not too small. Second time stayed in room 105 which is very spacious, 2 Murphy beds, sofa, kitchenette. Would be great for a family or two couples. The breakfast is always awesome! Staff keeps it stocked and hot! Very accommodating and friendly, will stay here whenever in WP.

Room Tip: Room 105 is spacious and close to ice machine and front desk.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
BW-Alpenglo-Owner, Owner at BEST WESTERN Alpenglo Lodge, responded to this review, March 30, 2013
Glad you liked your visit. The suite is indeed a favorite with families and we like to think nobody starts their active day hungry after our extensive breakfast. We offer more than "required" by our brand for breakfast, including protein items like hot eggs and sausage. In addition to saving a few bucks, it's much quicker than having to go out to breakfast - - - letting get to the slopes or wherever you might be headed that much quicker. Hope to see you again soon!
Fountain, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

We recently stayed here for our annual ski trip to Winter Park. It was busier due to Spring Break but very peaceful for sleeping at night. The room was immaculate, the breakfast varied with many options but really liked the scrambled eggs. Also served were waffles, assorted rolls, yogurt, cold cereal, hot cereal, sausage, juices, hot chocolate. Staff is always friendly and available to meet your needs. Bus stops across the street for a ride to the mountains. Restaurants are close and walkable. Wouldn't think of stayng anywhere else. Prices are reasonable.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for this and other favorable reviews you've given our property. I can't tell you how much we value returning guests like yourself and very much look forward to seeing you again soon! I'm hoping you're racking up some Best Western Rewards points as a result of your loyalty. If not, be sure to ask at the front desk how to sign up on your next visit. Thanks again!
Fort Collins
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

I haven't even stayed at this hotel and it is driving me crazy! I booked a room several months ago and wasn't able to stay at the hotel so several weeks before the booked date, I gave my reservation to another girl. After MANY phone calls to transfer my credit card to the new girls, my deposit was finally refunded. Several weeks later after the booked date, to my dismay, my card was charged $250 even though I didn't stay at the hotel! My card shouldn't have even been on file. I then had to make SEVERAL phone calls over several days with the only response being "I'll write that down and have someone call you back" and DAYS will go by without anyone calling me. I've probably made over 15 calls to this place and they have never called me back. I finally got ahold of the GM to ask about my card getting refunded, she said she had it fixed and it would be back in my bank account within 7-8 days. It has now been 11 days and it still isn't in my account. I called today to check the status and the guy on the phone treated me like I was lying to him, and then when I told him no one was calling me back he said he couldn't do anything about it and that the GM would call me when she wanted to. WOW.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
BW-Alpenglo-Owner, Owner at BEST WESTERN Alpenglo Lodge, responded to this review, March 24, 2013
I would like to first and foremost apologize for the lack of communication regarding the charges made to your card. I would also like to point out that transferring the reservation in the first place was a significant accommodation to you, as we would have been within our previously communicated cancellation policy to simply void the reservation and resell the room for the very popular weekend in question (keeping the agreed advance deposit). However, as is typical for our hotel, we went to great lengths to provide excellent customer service - - transfer the reservation to your friend - - and refund your card in full. Of course none of this could be done until we received your friend's charge information, which further delayed the process. The 7 to 8 days referred to is the number of business days it can take for your credit card company to process the refund and post it to your account. It might be a few days additional before you would actually see the refund - - - all of this being out of our control. Could we have provided better communication during the process - - - yes, and I promise we'll work on that, but we do occasionally make mistakes. Please know we collectively work very hard to please all guests - - - even those like yourself that don't even stay a night!

Been to BEST WESTERN Alpenglo Lodge? Share your experiences!