“Best Chicken Caprese Salad” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 59 Restaurants in Winter Park
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Kings Cross Street
Transit: During the winter season "The Lift", the Winter Park Resort Shuttle stops directly in-front of our restaurant.
Description: Since 1990 Fontenot’s has built a reputation for high quality cuisine and service; today we continue to build that reputation, bringing a taste of New Orleans to Winter Park. Using the finest ingredients and the freshest seafood available we deliver unique and flavorful creations everyday. While our roots are in Cajun cuisine we offer a wide variety of offerings from our classic Gumbo and Louisiana style Po'Boys to our Chili Seared Scallops and Hand Cut Steaks. Visit us online at www.fontenotswp.com to see our current menu and our Facebook page for our daily specials. Join us daily from 4-6PM for our happy hour drink and dinner specials from $15 Visit us today for lunch, dinner, or happy hour and see why we have been a local favorite for more than 20 years!
Winter Park
“Best Chicken Caprese Salad”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

Had a lunch meeting at Fontenot's yesterday and decided to order something I've never had since I usually stick with just a few favorites. What a great choice! I had the Grilled Chicken Caprese Salad on a bed of spinach with balsamic reduction and light toasted mozzarella. Loved it!

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Chris M, Owner at Fontenot's Seafood & Grill, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
Good for you for trying something new! It's always fun to branch out of your comfort zone to try a new dish. I'm so glad that you liked the Grilled Chicken Caprese Salad. Thanks for joining us during your lunch meeting. I hope to welcome you back in soon for another meal! Perhaps to try another new dish?

Best,

Aruba
“Very nice restaurant in Winter Park.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

Found this place through Tripadvisor. Reviews were good so we went for dinner, even twice. Service was good. The food tasted great. Liked the crab cakes a lot. We had the bouillabaisse which was superb. My husband had the pork ribs, and could not finish them all. We liked it so much, we went bck next day!
Nice ambiance, good food and friendly service.

Visited January 2014
Chris M, Owner at Fontenot's Seafood & Grill, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
Thank you for joining us during your trip! I'm thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your visits. Our Slow Roasted Pork Ribs are cooked for 12 long hours and are a house favorite, so good choice by your husband! I hope you enjoyed your visit to Winter Park. The next time you're in town, we'd love to have you back in.

Take care,
Barcelona Spain
“Awesome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

I use trip advisor everywhere I go and as usual if it ranks well on trip advisor you can count on it being good. The service was perfect and the food was incredible, I wouldn't come to Winter Park without making dinner plans here.

Visited January 2014
I appreciate your kind words, Chris! It's great to hear that you found us on Tripadvisor — you can't beat word of mouth, right? The next time you're in Winter Park, we'll have a table with your name on it.

Best,
Highlands Ranch, Colorado
“Delicious food, will definitely eat here again”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

I disagree with negative reviews about this restaurant. My family and I had brunch there a few weeks ago on a Sunday and the food and atmosphere were greaI disagree with negative reviews about this restaurant. My family and I had brunch there a few weeks ago on a Sunday and the food and atmosphere were great. It was quiet and felt very private due to the fact that they were pretty slow at the time. Our waitress was very sweet. We ordered the beignets, as well as three orders of French toast and my husband had a HUGE breakfast burrito. All of the food was great, although my husband's burrito was a little cold. The beignets were out of this world. My only complaint was that the food took a really long time to get and the restaurant was nearly empty. When my husband's burrito was a little cold, I wondered if the waitress forgot to pick up our order when it was ready. No matter, we will definitely eat here again, can't wait to try their lunch/dinner menu.t. It was very quiet and felt very private. We were one of the only families there and our waitress was very attentive. We ordered the beignets, as well as three orders of french toast and my husband had a HUGE breakfast burrito. All of the food was great, although my husband's burrito was a little cold. The beignets were out of this world. My only complaint was that the food took a really long time since the restaurant was nearly empty and when my husband's burrito was a little cold, I wondered if the waitress forgot to pick up our order when it was ready. No matter, we will definitely eat here again, can't wait to try their lunch/dinner menu.

Visited December 2013
I'm so glad you and your husband enjoyed your brunch with us. While it's wonderful that everything tasted great, I'm sorry to hear that your husband's burrito was a bit cold. Everything should come out piping hot, so I apologize. It sounds like there may have been some miscommunication between your server and our kitchen team. Though mistakes happen, we’re not in the business of making them habits. I'd love to welcome you back in soon to try more of our dishes. We also have a great happy hour that you both may enjoy — it includes drink and appetizer specials every day from 4-6. I hope to see you soon!

Take care,
Chesterfield, Missouri
“Yummo !”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013 via mobile

The decor was very nice. The waitress was friendly and helpful. I had the blackened scallops. They were cooked perfectly and the sauce was a great balance of flavor and spice. My son had St. Louis style ribs and BBQ shrimp. The ribs fell off the bone and were melt in your mouth delicious. My daughter ordered chicken strips off of kids menu. They were definitely not frozen Tyson chicken strips. Very lightly breaded and crispy. We would highly recommend this quaint little restaurant !

• Visited December 2013