“try the brisket salad” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Barbecue
Stephenville, Texas
“try the brisket salad”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Ate here with family and it was great. The food was good and the service was friendly and helpful, will go again, we enjoyed it!

Visited December 2012

75% Recommend
Fraser, Colorado
“Better off skipping this place”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012 via mobile

Everything is made the day before and reheated. Pork shoulder was incredibly greasy, I felt covered in it and gross, and that was after eating it with a fork. The brisket was incredibly dry! My daughter looooooves meat and would eat hers due to it being so dry. The sauces are bland and all taste the same. Sides are incredibly small and nothing special, most of ours went uneaten as beans had a weird taste and potato salad was nothing but potatoes and mayo. After taking our order, bringing drinks and food, we never saw our waitress tableside again she just hang hung out behind the counter with the other employees. And we were the only table in the entire place. This was our second attempt at this place and we won't be back.

Despite the surprisingly pleasant reviews below, this place is always empty. There are more reviews like this one on other rating sites, I'm not just being negative.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Grand Lake, Colorado
“Love this place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

All meats smoked to perfection on site. The food does not come pre-sauced, which I appreciate. The table has 5 homemade sauces to choose from. I like to mix and match.
One of my first choices when we head that way for food.

Visited July 2012
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012 via mobile

Great food, friendly and efficient service, and very clean. I have a soy allergy and had lots of menu choices. The meat was tender and the BBQ sauces were excellent ... we are from the south so we know good BBQ;)

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Richmond, Virginia
“Excellent pork shoulder and burnt ends”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

We went here our first day in Winter Park after seeing reviews on Trip Advisor. Agree with those who said the meats were good. The burnt end appetizer was particularly yummy and the pork shoulder main was really delicious. The brisket was way too dry. Sides were not inspiring. I liked the beans, my S.O. didn't. Daughter liked her potato salad, I didn't particularly care for my mac and cheese and S.O. didn't like the slaw specifically stating that the pieces were too large. We tried all the sauces and ended up preferring the hickory.

Would definitely have the pork shoulder and burnt ends again but not sure I'd get any sides.

• Visited August 2012