“Very good deal in WP” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Winter Park
Bologna, Italy
“Very good deal in WP”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013

The Sundowner offers exactly what I expect from a motel: excellent location in the heart of downtown, definitely clean rooms, friendly staff and very good rates. I spent at the end of september 2013 4 nights in two different rooms both located at the second floor and I have to admit that my stay was better than expected. Whenever it is possible I try to stay on a budget without giving up what I consider to be the basic comforts and the America Best Value Inn allowed me to do it. Beside the cleanliness my rooms offered plenty of space, fridge, microwave and coffee maker, exactly what I was needing. Despite I didn't use it I was surprised to find a large covered heated swimming pool, a rare treat in this motel range. Guests in the morning are offered a basic breakfast in the lobby offering coffee, juices and pastries. The only flaw I can mention is that the wi fi connection wasn't always working well. I have no doubt that the Sundowner will be my first choice when back to Winter Park. Would I recommend it? Definitely YES.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
stafford, va
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

We had to leave our vacation lodge on the Big Thompson near Estes Park due to the flash flooding. Drove out over the mountains and ended up in Winter Park where we had to wing it for a room. The hotel is older but is well-maintained, clean and comfortable - not a Hilton or Marriot but for 59 dollars you couldn't beat the price. We had breakfast in town so can't comment on that.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Pune, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

As the name suggests, this did turn out to be a good value Hotel. We chose this hotel for it's location near the Rocky Mountains/Estes Park. The town is scenic and peaceful with good cool weather in the summer - when we visited. The hotel rooms were very well thought out and it had microwave and refrigerator (see photos). There is a hotel swimming poo but it appeared to have been covered over (maybe for maintenance). Rooms were clean and updated. Would surely stay hear again and recommended for family too.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Barnhart, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

We had to leave our comfortable hotel in Estes Park in a hurry due to flash flooding. Decided to move on to Winter Park but we were not able to check TripAdvisor ratings for hotels there so just had to wing it. We asked to see the room before we checked in and the owner very graciously showed us the room and explained things to us. The hotel is older but is well-maintained, clean and comfortable. We paid for a two-night stay but after the first night decided to move on to Western Colorado because the weather just wasn't very good where we were. The owner refunded the charge for the second night's stay with a smile on his face and wished us well in our travels. You just don't get that kind of service with the big chain hotels.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Mansfield, TX.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

We had stayed here in 02 and had a nice big room, very clean, courteous staff and right in the middle of the town. Again we had a pleasant stay. My buddy and I showed up early and stayed a day longer just so we could soak some extra R&R before our friends met up with us. The owners were great hosts and the whole place only got better over the years. Nice trees and flowering plants along with the migrating hummingbird's were just a nice touch. I give an A+++. I'll make this my exclusive place to stay in Winter Park, Co.

Room Tip: Dino's Bistro is 2 doors up the block and has excellent atmosphere and food and drinks
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

You drive past this place without giving it a second look. The place down the street didn't have a pool for my kids and this one had good reviews so we gave it a shot.

We got a 2 room, 3 bed suite for $79 (middle of the week in August) - awesome.

Also - the playground half a block down the street is top-notch and has a skate park.

Room was clean, had a fridge.

I would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013
Morgantown, West Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

Was a clean room and solid bed and great water pressure.
Yes it is an older motel, but is kept in great shape
Family run and they also live on property
Pool and hot tub clean and working
Only draw back is small breakfast offering
Went to Micky'd for breakfast right across the street
Will stay again

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Americas Best Value Sundowner Motel? Share your experiences!