“Great Mexican Food with a friendly staff” 4 of 5 stars

78336 US Hwy. 40, Winter Park, CO 80482
Improve this listing
Ranked #29 of 59 Restaurants in Winter Park
Cuisines: Mexican
“Great Mexican Food with a friendly staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

Can't believe this gem has been in Fraser for some time and I've just discovered it. Plentiful servings, wide variety, quality ingredients and a friendly staff make this a real find and the real thing!

Visited September 2012

Boulder, Colorado
“South of the Border in Winter Park”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

Holy amazing mountain Mexican food! My boyfriend and I were on our way to a wedding in Lake Granby and got a little hungry around Winter Park. We almost missed the chance to eat here because we went to another location that was closed. I'm not sure if it's going to be a new spot for them or if it was their old spot. Both are located on the same highway, just about a mile away from each other. Anyways....as we were sadly leaving town, I spotted the correct Azteca with a very full parking lot, which meant it was either really good food or that they had really strong drinks. They had both! The margaritas were tall and cool and refreshing and strong. And the food was outstanding. I ordered the crazy donkey burrito, which was delicious. Just the right amount of heat and flavor. Boyfriend ordered the tanpequena, which was also amazing. I'm sure Winter Park has a nice slew of burger joints and mediocre breweries being that it's a ski resort town, but I would highly suggest you venture south of the border and hit up Azteca. Just make sure you have a ride if you get more than one of their margs!

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Hughesville, Pennsylvania
“Really good food.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

The service was good as well as the food. Very clean. Mexican in the mountains.Has the option to eat inside or on their patio.

Visited August 2012
“Good vegan alternatives”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

We went here and it was a good little restaurant. The service was okay, not the best & not the worse. I was pleasantly surprised to have spinach & mushroom enchiladas offered on the menu & all I had to do was ask for no cheese, or sour cream & they were completely vegan a big bonus for me. My husband the carnivore had a cheeseburger that he says was delicious and other friends we were with seemed to enjoy their food also.

Greenwood Village, Colorado
“Great food and margs”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

Food is wonderful Mexican fare. Just redid their patio which is so relaxing and beautiful. Great service

Visited July 2012