“Not so good breakfast” 2 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #6 of 59 Restaurants in Winter Park
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Coffee Shop, Coffee Shop, Bistro, Healthy
Good for: Romantic, Entertaining clients, Doing business, Scenic view, Dining on a budget, Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Dessert, Lunch, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Unwind at the Grind, where you will find fresh blended smoothies, creamy lattes, made from scratch pastries, wonderful breakfast and lunch, homemade fudge and dessert, and well, anything that's wonderful, fresh, delicious, and tasty. OH and unique gifts too! There's a piano for a quick sing a long (NO CHOPSTICKS PLEASE!!), Free wifi if you need to check emails, and good people behind the counter to help you with ordering, samples, or where to shop or what to do. We hope you'll come in for the experience when you visit Winter Park.
Elgin, Texas
“Not so good breakfast”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

After a long drive we ended up at this place because the cafe we were recommended had moved to a different location. We were so hunger we decided to give this place a try. We went in and the gentleman said they served a full breakfast. After being seated we then were treated like we were an inconvenience because we were a family of eight. They seem to cater to locals and small parties. Service took a long time and most of our food was cold. The sausage gravy tasted like it just came out of the fridge and was that temperature too! Serving sizes were very small and again it was very cold. We were so hunger we just ate it and left with paying a bill of around $200. While checking into our townhouse we mentioned to the rental folks about our experience and she called the owners of the Grind who told her that we would have a $200 credit to come back and give them another try. Very nice gesture but not sure we will take them up on the offer.

Visited March 2013
blizzard50, Owner at Mountain Grind, responded to this review, March 17, 2013
Thank you so much for your candor and apologies for you experience. It was a busy weekend with ten thousand additional guests in our small town, and while things were intensely busy, I am sorry you perceived this as being treated as an inconvenience. I checked with the servers and they both took the time to check with you and see how everything was, They heard no complaints, and so, when this happens, along with clean plates and a twenty percent gratuity, it is hard to know you had concerns. When I heard of your complaint (secondhand) I offered you a voucher for your $130 ticket for eight (this included tax and drinks ) or a refund. You could have purchased anything in the store: fudge, gelato, jewelry, gifts or food, but you declined the offer. If you are comfortable contacting me, I will gladly reimburse your purchase. Again, I apologize that you did not enjoy your visit and I so hope that you will reconsider visiting us again. In fact, if you are still at the lodging company, I will send over a complimentary box of fudge! I hope you enjoyed your vacation and that you will come to Winter Park again soon! Best wishes to you!

Winter Park, Colorado
“The BLT was awesome.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

For such a classic sandwich most restaurants don't do it justice. The BLT I had here yesterday, though, was superb.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Go there for the FUDGE!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

I can't comment on how good their coffee or lattes are - hubby said his decaf coffee was ok - but I know I'll never go back to eat breakfast there! Ever! They serve the worst hashbrowns I've ever had in my life - they're so unappealing and don't taste good at all. I got some fudge after breakfast and they were really good. I went back to get more before I left town. The staff is nice and friendly though.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
blizzard50, Owner at Mountain Grind, responded to this review, February 23, 2013
I am so sorry for your experience! If you feel comfortable contacting me, I will be happy to reimburse you for your meals and offer you a chance to try us for breakfast and lunch again. On us! We serve only fresh, never frozen hashbrowns ,which our customers love, but sometimes things do go wrong. This is why we so appreciate your feedback. And please, remember, when your server asks how things are, they really want to know! This is the only way they can make your experience a wonderful one! We are always happy to make things right for you, and we want to know if something isn't great! Thanks again for your feedback, and I hope you come to visit us again!
Denver, Colorado, United States
“Gelato, fudge and lots more...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

Loved this place, I usually go for the fudge, but they have awesome gelato too. I want to try their breakfast so will go back soon. Great atmosphere, very friendly staff.

Visited December 2012
Winter Park, Colorado
“Fantastic Mountain Grind!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

I had a wonderful time at the Mountain Grind coffee shop and Bistro, went for a Friday night music night, great music by Katie and Yanev. I had some delicious French Roast coffee, nice and strong how I like it. I also sampled some very tasty Pepper poppers with bacon , hop peppers and ranch dressing (spicy good!), and the piece de resitance was the amazing Creme Brulee dessert! mmmmmmm was it good!!!!!! also a great selection of wines, beers and drinks. I had some excellent Apothic Red California wine. Sue who owns the shop is a wonderful gal, she will treat you right! All her staff are very friendly and accomodating as well, I highly recommend you pay a visit to the Mountain Grind Coffee and Bistro on your next visit to Winter Park, CO in the Cooper Creek Mall in town, bon appetit! ps, they have wonderful fudge in many varieties as well as breakfast, and dinner with the music nights is available!

• Visited December 2012