“No More Ramadas” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Wheat Ridge/Denver West

You added Super 8 Wheat Ridge/Denver West to your Saves list
Super 8 Wheat Ridge/Denver West
1.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4700 Kipling St., Wheat Ridge, CO 80033 (Formerly Ramada Wheat Ridge/Denver West)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Wheat Ridge
Zapata, Texas
“No More Ramadas”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2007

Very filthy. Parking in back with broken down cars, garbage and dogs tied to fence. Door to room broken. Refridgerator broken and looked like someone dug it out of the trash. Not sure what kind of stains were on the desk chair.
Left within a half hour. Front desk girl was pleasant and understood why we were leaving.
Needs to be bulldozed flat and made into a parking lot.
Ramada should be ashamed of such an establishment.
I will never stay at a Ramada again

Stayed June 2007

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2007

I was going to Denver, CO to see my brother for the weekend. My 3 year old and my parents came along too. We had booked this reservation online, not knowing this place was a total disaster and DIGUSTING. We chose this hotel because of the price, BIG MISTAKE.

Upon arrival, we saw an old Super 8 motel sign on the side of the building, trash in the drive-up, an old cinder block busted up on the side. Our room was around back, so we drove to park and there was man working on his truck with his dog tied to the tailgate. We parked and unloaded, preceeding to the door, where there was written in black marker "leave door open, does not work". It was propped open with a rock. RED FLAG! Entering the building, the carpet was filthy and torn. We walked the dirty carpeted stairs to the 2nd floor where we found our room #234.

Opening the door, the smell was overpowering. After setting our luggage down, we noticed the carpet was stained and filthy! (see pictures below!) I turned the chair by the desk to find the most disgusting chair I've seen - this thing should have been in on the curb for the trash pickup. It was torn by what looked like an animal, stained, dirty, and very worn. The dresser drawers were crooked, I was afraid to touch it. The carpet EVERYWHERE in the room was the same way, dirty filthy nasty!

The bathroom was also gross. FILTHY DIRTY and mold on the tub tiles. I would NOT bathe my 3 year old in such a mess!

We immediately found another place to stay (HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS - across the street), and loaded our luggage back in and went back to the front desk. The receptionist immediately rung up a no charge slip without asking a question. She stated, "Let me guess, you aren't staying, right?" NOT ON YOUR LIFE!

NEVER EVER stay at this place! It should be condemned!

• Liked — NOTHING!!! TERRIBLE!
  • Disliked — EVERYTHING was absolutely disgusting!!!
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Minneapolis
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2007

Set up the reservation on the compnay's website. Upon check-in, you notice that the Super 8 sign is still sitting along side the facility. The lobby is old and worn. The front desk is staffed by one over-worked young lady. Got placed in room 242. We requested non-smoking, but when we got up there, it reeked of smoke and a few other things (think body functions). Air conditioning would not work. Missing iron and ironing board. Wardrobe had a dirty sheet in the bottom.

Went downstairs to talk with front desk. Finally they relented and moved us to a different room (232). It didn't stink. But the air conditioner still would not work. Went to open the window, and found that the window pane is broken, and the screen is missing. If we didn't have the kids along and it was so late, we would have moved to another hotel.

The next morning, you notice other things - things like 2 out of every 5 overhead lights being out. Things like the security door not working. Getting a 6:30 wake up call when you didn't leave one ??!!???!!!

As for the breakfast - skip it. When you talk with the front desk about the issues, they don't care.

Skip this hotel.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — room quality, staff
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Grand Junction CO
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2007

Remember when you were young and poor and your first place away from home was a low rent apartment. Well this place will bring back memories. I don't know what happened to Ramada. It use to be a first class hotel chain that was a treat to stay in. This one is not. Desk people were nice and maid service is ok but the rooms, no, the whole place behind the front desk needs a total remodel. Back door to the hotel would not open with the key, so I had to walk all the way around the building to get in, there was wood rot at the base of the bathroom sink, the shower curtain was hung crooked, the chair at the desk was totally disgusting, with stains on the fabric, The wheels , yes I said wheels, on the bed frame were sticking out so much I stubbed my toe on it, and the bed actually was sunk in the middle. I paid a little more than a cheap super 8 and I did not get a thing for it.

Stayed March 2007
Palisade, Co.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2007

This place is a DUMP! Don't be fooled by a 'decent' facade in the lobby and hallways. The rooms are disgusting, the bathrooms tiny, the outlets in the "kitchenette" did not work as there were broken off metal pieces from past plugs stuck in them and you are better off eating chips from a vending machine than eating the continental breakfast. The walls and the mattresses compete for which is thinner and you can't go barefoot on the carpets. Ramada would have to pay me to stay at another property.

• Liked — Picked it for the location
  • Disliked — Everything past the front door
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Oklahoma
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2006

We stayed at the Ramada 2 nights. We noticed the terrible smell of the room right away. Tub/shower had mildew, dresser drawers fell out and had no back to them, sheets were worn out and had little piling balls, dirty carpet... I could go on an on it was so bad!

• Stayed March 2006
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2006

In 2005, I stayed at the Ramada Inn Denver West Motel in Wheat Ridge, Colorado. The last day of my twelve day stay, my laptop computer was stolen from my room. After much persistence, I learned that a front desk clerk had made a key and let a stranger from the street(so she says) into my room. I received absolutely no cooperation from the motel management in resolving the problem, and very little help from the city police department. It took me and my family nearly 11 months, and dozens of phone calls and threats, to get partial compensation from the motel insurance carrier. I would advise, don't stay there!

Been to Super 8 Wheat Ridge/Denver West? Share your experiences!