“Yummy!” 5 of 5 stars

303-233-3377
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
West 29th Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 95 Restaurants in Wheat Ridge
Cross street: 29th Ave and Depew
Evergreen, Colorado
“Yummy!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

The place is very nice, love the outdoor seating with the fountain, the Trout was amazing!!! Service was awesome, and the desserts were great too. I definitely will be back to this place and highly recommend it...Haley was our awesome server!

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Denver, Colorado
“Love this Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

You just don't expect to see a lovely restaurant tucked in this area. We went for the first time right after they opened and had a great time. We went back just last week and my friends and I were so impressed. The restaurant is a nice size and I really like the layout. A great patio, to the right of the main entrance, encircles a fountain - all nestled between a quiet street and an even quieter street! You are always made to feel special when you walk through the doors into a nice bar with a few TVs and, in our case, ushered to the main dining area (there is an additional room with french doors for special events too). The kitchen is open and anchors one side of the room, the fireplace the other. We were seated quickly, the staff was helpful, friendly and attentive. We tried the fish and chips (good), the salmon on wilted spinach and red quinoa, the roast chicken, & the fish special (don't recall what it was). Everything was great but my friend found the chicken too sweet (it has a honey/lavender sauce) for her taste (she doesn't have a sweet tooth in her body and I should have warned her. I had the chicken my first visit and loved it but it is sweet). Everyone had a great time and we were already planning our next visit before we were half done with our entrees!

Oh, but I'm not done! We shared two desserts...a creme brulee (which was perfect - crisp glaze that cracks into the smooth custard) and a lemon bar. Now, I wasn't excited about the lemon bar as I've had a ton of them over the years. But this bar was big enough to share, came plated in swirls of green and peach and the bite of lemon was just right to balance a back taste of mint and lime. There was a total feeding frenzy about this dessert. You HAVE to order it if you like citrus in any way. Amazing!

What can I say, I LOVE this place. It's a great addition to the neighborhood and one of my friends said, "with that fireplace, this is worthy of an anniversary dinner!" She has one coming up and I bet she goes back.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Denver
“Loving it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

I first visited West 29th at the suggestion of a friend, for a glass of wine and dessert on a Friday after having dinner in another nearby pub with horrible service.

The restaurant is pretty close to brand new and sits in a nice quiet neighborhood not a business district which lends itself to a wonderful relaxed feeling. As it turned out it was a wonderful decision!

We were greeted cheerfully and seated quickly in the bar area. It was the dinner hour and we were up front with them that we were hoping to enjoy a glass of wine and some desert, so we didn't mind. Service was quick and friendly. We very much enjoyed everything we had and talked of a return with our spouses soon.

For me soon was a week later with a friend who needed a good ear and some pampering. We arrived just before 5:00 and they don't start serving until 5:00. But they cheerfully seated us on the patio, which is very attractive and comfortable. Add in the quiet neighborhood with no noisy traffic and once your drinks are served you almost can feel the stresses of the day melt away.

We were quickly provided crispy breadsticks, which after one bite became almost as addicting as potato chips. Drink orders were also taken. I had a pear martini and my friend indulged in a german chocolate martini. Both yummy.

As for our meals my friend had the hamburger and was happy with it. I had their Gorgonzola Stroganoff with sirloin tips. They made a point to share that the pasta was made fresh in house. While I know what I like I don't think my taste is discerning enough to have noticed that. BUT! I will tell you that taste wise this stroganoff was THE BEST I have ever had! Every bite rich, creamy and absolutely delicious!

After the main course we had desert. That night they offered a special chocolate creation. I forget the name, but it consisted of a dark chocolate cake base with a rich milk chocolate mousse 2 inches thick on top all coated in a dark chocolate ganache. Sounded good to us so we each order one along with a second round of the german chocolate martini's and we were not disappointed. They were wonderful. Double deserts. Ha! But my friend and I both earned them.

We left feeling much better for having been there. Which was exactly what I was hoping for when I offered to take my friend out.

As it happens I went back again the following Monday, when we were invited to the Broncos/Raiders game by friends and when asked if we knew a good place to eat nearby before the game I absolutely said yes!

Because we arrived right at 5:00 we were again seated on the patio. One of our friends that night has a hearing loss and in other restaurants he has often sat quietly unable to hear over piped music, people talking, dishes clattering, etc. But on this patio, in this quiet area he was fully engaged, which I loved. I've always hated the feeling he was being left out.

My husband was thrilled to find out they were offering prime rib that night as it's one of his favorites. And he was not disappointed. I came darned close to ordering the stroganoff again but decided to stretch my wings and went with the crab mac and cheese. I've ordered similar dishes at other places and found myself sorely disappointed in as much as the crab was so minimal as to be pointless. But not this time. There was plenty of crab in this dish. In fact some bites were nothing but delicious cheesy crab. Another home run! Oh wait football night. Make that touchdown!

Our friends had the fish, oh gosh, I forget what kind, but he was very happy with it. And our other friend has the stroganoff and loved it. (I knew he would) We skipped desert as we were headed off for the game. But again everyone left happy and I was glad I had made the recommendation.

My husband has already told me he wants to go back and that goes for me too.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Denver, Colorado
“Food that tastes great and is grown local.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

I went to eat at West 29th with my husband and two friends on a Friday evening. We had a reservation and were sat right away. We sat outside and the weather was lovely. Our waitress was very friendly and explained how the restaurant uses their own veggies which they grow on site and recycled water for the plants, etc. Also how they buy all of their ingredients and meat/seafood locally. The ambiance of the place was amazing, our only complaint was how slowly our food came out. Our reservation was at 8pm on a Friday night and it was after 9 by the time we got our main courses. Drinks came out right away (and were delicious) our appetizers were also quite speedy but we waited a long time for our entrees. I don't know if it's because it was so busy, or what the deal was, but we ended up missing another reservation we had downtown at 9:45. I would DEFINITELY recommend this place to any of my friends or family and we will absolutely go back, we will just make sure we don't have any plans for after dinner!

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Bangkok, Thailand
“A nice neighborhood restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

A very new and attractive large facility. Open kitchen to dining area gives a nice atmosphere but without to much noise. Bar area very nice and two large patio seating areas. Atmosphere excellent. Large number of staff resulted in good service. Menu was simple but provided a good variety. Wine selection by the bottle and by the glass was good. We only had entrees and the food was average.

• Visited August 2013