“Friendly hotel - convenient for bus routes into Denver” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Wheat Ridge
Horsham, United Kingdom
“Friendly hotel - convenient for bus routes into Denver”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2010

A three storey modern block, located just off Interstate 70 and well hidden from it, with no road noise heard. Pre-booked for two nights and allocated double room on first floor with TV, clock radio, fridge, hairdryer, coffee maker and ironing board. No microwave. Opening window overlooked a park playing field. Guest laundry - with armchairs to wait in - and a reasonable sized indoor pool. Very friendly staff - particularly a South African lady who was keen to chat and provided useful directions and other help. Breakfast - choice of 3 juices, 3 cereals, pastries, muffins and toast. Also waffles and biscuit&gravy available. Rather than drive into Denver and worry about parking, we opted to leave the car and use local buses. Four block walk to #44 bus and ten more blocks to #38. Both routes took about 30 min into downtown area, with very reasonable fares which included transfer to other routes, if needed. Family type restaurants nearby on Kipling Avenue.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Spokane Valley, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2010

We stayed here for a weeklong softball tournament.
THE GOOD: Good location with quick freeway access and nearby grocery store, restaurants, etc., rooms and facilities were very clean and smelled pleasant with comfortable beds, all the staff (day and night crews) were very friendly and helpful (very rare these days), working laundry facilities, nice pool/spa area, decent complimentary breakfast, large vending machine with drinks, snacks & laundry soap, free high-speed wireless internet worked great even on the 3rd floor (wired option also available but not used) , business computer/fax in lobby/main floor, huge grassy-area/park right next to hotel.
ROOM FOR IMPROVEMENT: The air conditioner was very loud every time it kicked on (like the fan needs to be oiled or something), noise/talking in the hallway is very easy to hear and could probably be minimized very easily by adding some moulding around the door frame and the bottoms of the doors as there is a fairly large gap allowing sound through. The stairwells have air conditioning/heating units mounted but have been disabled, so in the summer they are very hot and stuffy (this is certainly a cost/energy-saving measure) and can only assume very cold in the winter. The elevator is extremely slow, so unless you're carrying a heavy load, the stairs are the way to go. It would be nice if refrigerators were in all the rooms, not just some of them. I can't think of a time I DIDN'T use a hotel refrigerator when it had one in the room.
SUMMARY: I would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Fort Collins, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2010

I have stayed at this Comfort Inn before, and I thought they were improving the property. I guess I was wrong. The TV didn't work and someone had to come up and fiddle with it to make it work. I guess the digital box fell off the wall. The wiring seemed to be slap dash. The microwave in the room could not be plugged in, if the small fridge was plugged in. I wonder if the fire dept. has checked out their creative electrical wiring? The employees are trying to help the guests out, but it seems the owners are trying to save money but not neccesarily run a safe motel. The beds are comfy and even though you are right off I 70, I wasn't bothered by traffic noise. Going down to the breakfast an employee was yelling at some one on the phone so loudly I could hear her in the lobby. Breakfast offerings were stale and below par. This used to be a reasonable place to stay. The location is really convenient when you have appointment on the west side of Denver. I won't stay here again.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2010

My husband and son and myself stayed here overnight and 4 days later after paying in cash our bank card was charged $150.00.For pets and smoking.I have not owned a pet in 20 years and have never smoked.Its a no name town who needs money so they screw a family like this.This is a dirty place and should be ashamed of themselves!!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
ComfortInnWheatRidge, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, May 21, 2010
I understand your frustration with being charged an amount you were not intending to spend. However, we at the Comfort Inn Wheat Ridge do not charge smoking or pet fees without substantial evidence. After reading your review, I pulled your records from our files. On the day you checked out, the housekeeper assigned to clean your room called to the front desk reporting a strong smell of smoke in your room. After a member of our maintenance staff confirmed the smell, I myself went to the room to inspect it. Upon entering the room, I discovered that the room did indeed smell very strongly of smoke. In addition, there was cat food scattered on the floor around the room. Clearly this constitutes evidence of pets and smoking in the room. On the registration card that you signed upon check-in you agreed to our no-smoking and no-pet policies which state that if any evidence of the two are found, you will be charged a minimum of $150. This fee covers the cleaning fees including labor, materials, and lost revenue that we incur as a result of these policies being disregarded. If you truly felt that you were charged in error, the best thing to do would have been to contest the charges with your bank or credit card company. In the future, to avoid these issues, I advise you to make sure that you fully understand any hotel policies and follow them accordingly.
Alberta
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2010

We had booked a couple months ahead and were assured of third or forth floor.
When we arrived all that was available was first floor next to the stairs.
Were disturbed with every person pounding down the stairs.
Apparently early booking is not a benefit with Comfort Inn.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Salt Lake City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2008

We had made a reservation in January with another hotel for our August stay in Denver. We learned a week before leaving that our reservation had been mysteriously cancelled and we no longer had a room. The room had gone from $89 a night to $450 a night since this was the week of the Democratic Convention. In any event, after reviewing the recent Trip Advisor comments about that hotel we decided not to fight for the old reservation but to look for a new one. Most of the rooms in Denver and surroundings were full or a fortune. We found the Comfort Inn in Wheat Ridge and were pleased with the price of $150 a night which was very reasonable based on the circumstances. We found the hotel easily since it is next to I 70. The room was average but clean. The breakfast was quite good and was enough for the morning. If possible get a room on the side next to a small park rather than the freeway if you like a more quiet experience. Staff was very friendly. Several low cost restaurants within walking distance. It taks about 15 minutes to get to Denver on the freeways and another 15 minutes in the other direction to the Coors Brewery tour at Golden, Colorado. Tour very good if you like beer!

• Stayed August 2008
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
WestCentralGeorgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2008

The hotel was easy to find since it was located at the intersection of Kipling St and I-70, which is west of the intersection of I-76 and I-70. I had reserved a room through choicehotels.com so check-in and check-out was easy and fast. The front desk staff was very friendly and sociable.

We booked a suite with two queen beds and a pull out couch for two nights. The beds were comfortable and the room was spacious and clean. The bathroom was roomy with a large counter top for our toiletries (family of five) and the shower/tub had a curved curtain rod that created plenty of elbow room in the shower.

A restaurant was not on site, but an adequeate and satisfying breakfast bar and sitting area was provided. Breakfast items included dry cereals, waffles (you make them), boiled eggs, milk, coffee, and assorted fruits, juices, pastries, and breads. An attendant was on hand and made sure all items were available during the posted hours.

We used the indoor pool on the day we arrived and loved it. It was not huge, but big enough for some fun for our three kids. The pool was also well stocked with towels.

Downtown Denver was easily accessed for trips to the Aquarium, Coors Field (Go Braves! 7-1 over the Rockies), and Buckhorn Exchange. I think it took us about 10 minutes to get to the downtown area.

If our next trip takes us through Denver, we plan to stay here again if the ratings hold true.

• Liked — Location since it was beside the highway.
  • Disliked — Slow draining sink.
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!