“This hotel gets a mixed review” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Wheat Ridge
Pueblo, Colorado, United States
“This hotel gets a mixed review”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2014

I would like to start by saying that the person who checked us in, Virginia, was very nice. She provided really good customer service.
Unfortunately, this wasn't our favorite Comfort Inn experience. The pool and hot tub were not very clean (we love to visit the hot tub, so this was disappointing). The beds were a bit too hard for my comfort. The fan in the bathroom was extremely loud - so loud that we decided to not use it as much as we were able.
Breakfast was decent, but they could probably use more than one waffle maker, as the line for that was pretty long when we were there.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Irvine, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights while attending a funeral at Fort Logan. The room was spotless both in the bedroom area and the bathroom. In fact the entire facility and grounds were very clean.
Our room was on the second floor overlooking the park (south facing) and very quiet. The beds were very comfortable. There was a refrigerator in the room and the air conditioning worked great. The bathroom was well lit, with lots of counter space. Both the shower and toilet had great water pressure. The towels were in good condition and there were plenty of them.
The motel is easily located with convenient access to the interstate (but without any freeway noise) with restaurants and gas stations nearby.

We found both the evening and daytime staff to be very friendly, polite and accommodating. The breakfast was delicious and well-stocked, with plenty of seating.

We were delighted with our stay and wouldn't hesitate to stay here again when in the Denver area.

Room Tip: Rooms 211, 213 and 215 were great. All were on the second floor, south side, away from the freeway.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Marquette
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

Hotel staff is not the most friendly. It seems like they don't have their act together. I ask the a question and get different answers depending on who you ask. I then asked to speak to a manager and was told she would be in between 6 -7 a.m. another staff member said after 9. I then left my cell and asked that she call me so I could get an answer to my question. Well, 3 days are gone now and STILL no call! I will never stay at this hotel again and might challenge the charge on my credit card if they charge me for the day I wasn't there. Customer Service training is definitely needed!!!

On a side note, the room was clean but the bed was not that comfortable!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Wheat Ridge hotels

Sioux Falls
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

We stayed two nights here while on vacation. When we checked in there was a sign that said that the hot tub was not working. The clerk told us it would be fixed by the next day. On the second day of our stay, we went to the Bronco training camp and were out in the rain for six hours. All we could think about was getting back to the hot tub to warm up. Since we were cold,wet and tired and looking forward to the hot tub, we did a drive thru for food and headed back to the motel. We just get into the room to get our wet clothes off and the maid comes to clean. It's 3:00! We get our suits on and head down to eat in the breakfast area and then on to the hot tub. We discover two things at this point. One, the breakfast room is locked and the clerk says we cannot use it. It's freezing in the lobby so she directs us to the vending/laundry room. And two, the hot tub is still not fixed. This motel needs to be a little more flexible meeting it's customers' needs.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
papillion
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

We had a great stay here. The desk staff were very friendly and helpful. The rooms were immaculate as were the hallways. The beds were very comfortable and the rooms were very spacious. We weren't able to try their breakfast as we had places to go before they started serving at 6 AM. Our friend had special dietary requirement and we were to have breakfast on the Denver Post train going to the Cheyenne Rodeo. We knew the train breakfast would not work for our friend and I was checking out the breakfast room for things our friend might be able to eat. The manager "gorgeous Loreen"(she said to call her that, asked if she could help. I told her what I was up to and she said, "Let's see what we can find for her." Loreen found some dry cereal, some peeled hard boiled eggs, a bagel and even a small container of salt and pepper for me. I think she went way beyond what she needed to do to make our stay there as pleasant as possible. The only drawback was the longhaired hippy-type dude who was cleaning the breakfast room later our first day and after Loreen was gone for the day. He was very rude, inconsiderate, and didn't fit into the nice people that we had met earlier. We will definitely stay there next year but avoid contact with him.

Room Tip: Ask for Loreen and tell her the "cool dude from Nebraska" told you to look her up for the...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Omaha
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014 via mobile

Stayed only one night here--location was right off of the interstate (I-70) and easy to get to. Rooms were comfortable, clean and quiet. The pool was great for the kids to let out some energy. I have to rate this a 4, only because the breakfast was average (I've had breakfasts at other hotels similar to this place that were a little better), and the dining room was a little small (had to take my food out to the lobby). Outside of that, I liked this place and would stay here again without a question

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

Our room was quite comfortable and very clean. While we could see I-70 from our room, noise was not a problem. Breakfast was good with hot items available. We did wish that they had bananas. The pool and hot tub are indoors. The hot tub seemed to be a bit too hot, and the jets were very weak. WiFi was excellent. Although we did not eat at any of the nearby restaurants, there were some within walking distance.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!