“very nice, above average,” 4 of 5 stars

Affordable Inns
10300 S. I-70, Frontage Road, Wheat Ridge, CO 80033   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Wheat Ridge
“very nice, above average,”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

Nice stay, great bed, very clean, no smell, smoke free, donuts good but not great,
staff very nice, pool is nice, but has some tiny problems very very small room, only
about 2 feet walk way around king bed, ac is not greatest but it cools just doesn't
seem to regulate, either very cold or hot but its quiet and nice sleeping, very close
to interstate so very noisy, bring ear plugs but noise bothers me (PTSD problems)
They seems to have several weekly stays but no problem except Saturday night,
music noise and people came in late at night, woke me up but again, noise is my
problem and doesn't bother everyone. Cost $63 plus tax came to $72 for 3 nights
was over $210. TV is old style non HD and only 30 channels but ok.
I wouldn't call it a gem but very good and above average for Denver and yes
I would stay again.

Room Tip: probably should ask for near the back if possible. They charge more for back side rooms.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
lstros, Guest Relations Manager at Affordable Inns, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Dear Cody91,
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your thoughtful and thorough feedback about your recent stay. Your constructive feedback goes a long way towards helping us identify areas where we might improve.
The noise issue plaques us on the North side - a trade off for the easy access from the freeway. I always suggest the south side when available which offers a much quieter stay. We are still pricing and considering better sound-proof windows for the North side and plan to do so as soon as we can budget for such an expense.
You mentioned 'small problems' around the pool and I would love to know what they might be so that I might address that as well.
However, I am glad that your stay was one that would bring you back! Please be sure to ask for that south-side room when you do!
Hope the rest of your summer is enjoyable and safe!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Golden, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

A special experience. The features (free WiFi, flat-screen TV, King bed, fitness facility, pool, picnic areas, basketball court, microwave, refridge, in-room coffee, toiletries, laundry services, and much, much more). The staff is exceptional and the fresh-made donuts, coffee, and orange juice every morning are delicious. Then, there’s the care of the facility. Meticulous. This is the best value in the Denver metro area – period. Facility managers Kelly and Kevin are special. You’ll enjoy your stay!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear HarleyRider153,

What a wonderful and encouraging review! I am very pleased that we exceeded your expectations! I must agree wholeheartedly that our staff is wonderful and extremely hard working. Thank you so much for taking time out of your day to let us know about your stay and we certainly look forward to your next visit should you find yourself in Denver again!
Travel safe and enjoy the rest of your summer!
Mesa, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

Affordable Inns took great care of us for a week. We were blessed with the excellent service at Affordable Inns in Wheat Ridge, CO, this past week. The front desk was responsive to our special needs and recognized us when we came in and picked up coffee in the mornings. They definitely treated guests well and were kind and accommodating in every way. The room was clean, and service was prompt and efficient. The owner was wonderful to us. We enjoyed a terrific stay and are grateful for finding Affordable Inns.

Room Tip: We needed handicapped parking and asked for space close to the room
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
lstros, Guest Relations Manager at Affordable Inns, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Dear GRLC!
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your feedback about your recent stay at our Affordable Inns of Wheat Ridge! It means so much to us and our staff to receive such encouraging words! They work so hard everyday and when a guest takes a moment to appreciate their efforts, we always pass it along to them!

I am so thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and sincerely hope to see you again soon at the Affordable!
Safe travels!
Pueblo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

We had looked for hours for a room. Finally stumbled on this Gem. We had such a wonderful stay. The owners are on property and do eveything possible to make you feel at home and comfortable. John and LuCinda are the owners and wonderful people. I only wish you had a higher rating then excellent because this place deserves a greater rating then excellent.

Nick and Sindy Biernacki

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
lstros, Guest Relations Manager at Affordable Inns, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Dear NickB!
Thank you so much for your kind words! I am delighted that you did find our hotel and that you enjoyed your stay as well.
It was a pleasure serving you! and I will pass along your encouraging words to our hard working staff!
I hope, if you ever find yourself back in the area that you will choose us again as we certainly look forward to seeing you!
Safe travels and I hope you enjoy a beautiful and relaxing summer!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

slept great in the king size bed.
a bit noisy next to the highway.
air conditioning work great all night and was fairly quiet.
water saver showerhead very disappointing when you see them watering golf courses all over the place.

• Stayed July 2013
Dear CentralKansasPatriot!
I am so grateful that you took a moment to let us know about your recent experience with our hotel, and that you enjoyed your stay!
Until we are able to upgrade our highway facing rooms with new, quieter doors and windows...may I suggest one of our rooms that face south if you find yourself in our neck of the woods again! It offers a much quieter stay and overlooking the pool this time of year is really the place to be!
I hope you took time to enjoy one of those well watered golf courses while you were here! Jefferson county has 19 courses ... FYI!
Safe travels!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here on July 2, 2013 on the way back to DIA after a vacation in RMNP. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The lady at the desk helped make sure that I could get on their computer in the lobby and successfully print out our airline boarding passes. The room was small but very clean and adequate for our needs. Great job Affordable Inns....we will be back!

• Stayed July 2013
lstros, Guest Relations Manager at Affordable Inns, responded to this review, July 13, 2013
Dear Nate58618,
Thank you for your kind words. I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us! I hope you also enjoyed your visit to Rocky Mountain National Park and wherever else your journey took you through our beautiful state!
Enjoy the rest of your summer and we hope to see you again very soon!
West Palm Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

We stayed here the other night after a late arrival at DIA and on our way to the mountains for vacation. The staff was friendly, and the price is definitely right. I would say this is a much better hotel than most any other economy hotel in the area.

We chose it both because of the price and because they would take us with our small dog for no additional fee.

The room was small, had two double beds and a perfectly adequate bathroom. They offer free wifi as well. The beds were comfortable and the room was quite clean.

We had a small issue with neighboring guest standing right outside our door smoking, but they went to bed and all was well.

I would stay here again for a night. It would be a bit small, in my opinion, for a longer stay with three guests and a dog.

Room Tip: Book on the south side of the hotel, away from I-70 if possible.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear JeanDHLH,
Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us during your recent trip through the Denver area. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and that you took the time to let us know your thoughts.
Yes, you are right, our rooms are small, though we try to pack as many amenities into the space as possible - I would agree 3 adults and a dog are perhaps pushing the limits of a double room - next time you travel through, consider calling us directly and we can try to accommodate you in one of our adjoining rooms. You can usually get this option and still pay less than a full size room in a major chain! Plus you'd get the benefit of 2 rooms, 2 bathrooms, 2 TVs! Just a thought! Thank you again and have a great summer!

Been to Affordable Inns? Share your experiences!