“It's like any other bar Louie you see” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #89 of 183 Restaurants in Westminster
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
“It's like any other bar Louie you see”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2012 via mobile

I recently went to Bar Louie with friends for a birthday party. What I liked is that it was located next to D&B at the promenade and is sometimes overlooked because there are so many good restaurants to dine there. As much as I like going to BL, everything tastes the same. They do have good appetizers and such like the bruschetta cocktail and the skewers but the entrees are so so like any other.

The best thing was the service they really took care of us and delivered on the basics. That to me makes it a good visit

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

“Excellent burger”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2012

I was at the Westin Hotel for the Astricon 2011, we goes at this bar to take a beer and do some networking with people met at the astricon.

The food was very good, the burger was oversized (as usual in USA) and very good meat quality.

The services was slow, toke a while before we got the food but it worth the wait.

We got good time at Bar Louie!

• Visited October 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Westminster, Colorado
“WOW MUCH IMPROVED I COULDNT BELEIVE IT”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2011

I went to bar louie about this time last year and was extremely dissapointed but when i just went a few weeks ago i was pleasantly surprised. I was told that a new management staff was in place and in my opinion they must be doing a heck of a job because the service was %10000 better and the food looked and tasted great. I thought for sure a year ago this place would be gone in months but i am very happy to see that change is possible and they certainly have made leaps and bounds. I spoke with a manager there named Matt and he is very new and he told me all of the improvements they have made and how they are constantly working to improve. I will definatly return many more times. I sat at the bar with a friend of mine and our bartender was also very friendly and both her and Matt had great personalities and created a wonderful experience for us. I believe her name was nikki.

• Visited February 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
mwilliams1319
“Slow going down hill”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2009

I've been to Bar Louie 3 or 4 times since it opened. I was thrilled to find out one of my favorite microbrews was on tap there since it's not as popular in Denver. Anyways, my friend and I went there last night after watching a movie. The place wasn't very crowded, but I've never really seen it very busy. We were greeted right away by the bartender who got us our drinks. We also asked for a dinner menu. We were taking our time looking it over and talking. Pretty typical stuff. No one ever came by to check on us. We decided on what we wanted and closed our menus and placed them infront of us. A common sign a person is ready to order, no? Anyway, another 10 minutes went by and I noticed our bartender was watching TV. I know it wasn't busy but if you're working shouldn't you occasionally check that your section is ok? None of the other bartenders even glanced at us. Finally another 10 minutes later after my friend finished her drink did we get a bartender's attention. We ordered some food and that came out ok, or so I thought. I finished my drink and sat for about 10 minutes waiting for our bartender, or *A* bartender to come by. I finally had to place it all the way next to the railing to get anyone's attention. When it came to paying our bill, our bartender again took another 10 minutes to pick it up and another 10 to bring it back. By far the worst service I've ever seen in this or any other restaurant. And you know how I said I thought our food was OK, well turns out I have food poisoning.

As I mentioned I've been here a few times before, and the service is steadily declining. In an economy where businesses are closing left and right, this place should learn that customer service is number one.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Denver
“Poor customer service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2008

On March 8th, we went with a group of people to Mad Cap, right next door. Before going to the comedy club, we decided to have dinner at Bar Louis. First of all, the service was very slow and inattentive. This is understandable, as Duke and North Carolina were playing a great game and the restaurant was pretty full. However, what was not acceptable is that our designated driver ordered a coke and was told that it would be a while because all the glasses were being used for beer or alcohol drinks. This blew me away! Does the city council of Westminster know how Bar Louis treats designated drivers? I feel like writing them a letter to inform them as well. I can understand a server saying this, he of course wants his tab inflated for the 18% tip they added to our bill. We waited over a half an hour, and after still no coke, we asked to speak to the manager. The manager apologized and told us that the previous night had been very busy and they were low on glasses. What kind of people does Bar Louis have managing this place?!!! After our DD told the manager that he didn't care what kind of glass he got, he just wanted something to drink, the manager attempted to get him a coke, but the bar was out of coke. Yes, the bar was out of coke. Our designated driver was given a sprite, and later given a coke when they got more coke. Obviously by this time our DD was very annoyed, and was starting to get very short with the server and manager. It was probably for this reason that there were 2 more beers on our tab than what we had consumed. But at this point, it was more trouble to work it out with the manager, so we ended up paying for the drinks in addition to another 18% for the added on gratuity our server didn't deserve. Oh yeah, we had to pay for the Designated Driver's soda too. Even though he sat for over a half an hour with no drink, while the rest of the table had multiple beers, the soda was not comped.
This was a disgusting display of customer service, and social responsibility. Westminster should be embarrassed to have an establishment like this in the city, and Restaurants-America, and Bar Louis, should be embarrassed to have a manager like that representing their brand.
The food was good, not great, and over priced. The decore was open and nice, and the screens were clear and easy to see.