“kids liked it” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 18 Hotels in Westminster
Fort Collins, Colorado
“kids liked it”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

The staff was very friendly and the rooms were clean and the beds were comfortable. The pool needs some TLC. They also only provide hand size towels for the pool which was disappointing, I asked at the front desk for some hoping to get bigger ones but was unsuccessful. Connecting to WI-FI was a daily challenge, most times it wouldn't let me. Breakfast was just ok. As long as your expectations aren't really high this would be a great hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Jess F, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Westminster, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Dear Trina,

Comfort Suites

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Charles City, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

home away from home, very clean, modern, friendly and affordable place to stay, safe with many places to visit close by and if you needed anything don't be afraid to ask Jennifer the GM who will take care of you who I understand has been there for over a decade which says allot for the place, big fancy nice place with a homey feel to it

Room Tip: there is no restaurant in the hotel but many acrossed the street with discount from hotel and I LOVE...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Jess F, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Westminster, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
Dear Wade,

California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

I booked ahead and was told the price, including two dogs, and when I arrived, in the middle of a blizzard, I got told that it was an extra $25 for the second dog. This was completely different from my phone reservation conversation, but in a blizzard, ad with the two dogs, I didn't have too much choice, did I? The room was fine, comfortable and clean, but nobody likes being ripped off.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Jess F, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Westminster, responded to this review, February 17, 2014

Monument, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

After reading the reviews I took a chance on staying one night on reward points and was glad I did. Earlier reviews have the following concerns:

Staff Friendliness: One complaint was unfriendly staff to which the management responded and said they would address the issue. I was checked in by "Summer" who was very friendly and helpful. She accommodated my requests for a specific room. I called ahead of time asking if a room on the third floor west side was available and if I could reserve with Choice Privilege Points. She said I would need to reserve through Choice Privileges, but would look for my name and make certain that type of room would be available. She did and it was.

Noise: I did hear coughing from an adjoining room which did seem to be louder than in many motels where I have stayed. However, the room in which I stayed was quiet. I was told by "Summer" if I had any noise issues to let the front desk know and it would be resolved. I did not but believed that if there were issues they would have been addressed.

Breakfast: There were complaints in earlier posts about the breakfast. It was well stocked the morning I ate at this property including the standard continental fare plus hot scrambled eggs and sausage. No complaints.

Clientele: One post complained of a vagrant eating at the breakfast. If this had been reported I am certain the staff would have addressed it. I noticed the morning I ate there one person who could have been mistaken for homeless was eating, but from overhearing his conversation with another guest it was clear that he was staying at this property as a paying customer due to displacement issues. The management has some but limited discretion as to who rents a room. He was not a problem, and had he been, I am certain it would have been addressed.

My room was a very comfortable "suite." This property appears to have been a slightly higher end property built by a competitor which I have also frequented, and purchased by Choice Properties for renovation. The suites are a large room with an archway dividing the bed from the sofa and desk area. See the pictures. It was a good room from which to relax, do business in one area and sleep in another area.

Several restaurants are within walking distance including Perkins, Village Inn, Cracker Barrel, Wendy's. Starbucks is across the freeway to the east.

Room Tip: For a view of the mountains over the businesses, Third floor on south end. A little quieter and away...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Jess F, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Westminster, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to complete our regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

Lander, Wyoming
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

This was my third stay over a number of years. Was not happy with the second (5/12), but that was resolved, and came back 10/13 because I knew it was a clean, safe motel in a location convenient to my plans this trip (tho a bit busy) because it was just off I25. And the points necessary for a stay were very reasonable. I had no complaints whatsoever this 3-day stay. Was pleased with the room... had hoped for a view of the mountains, but nothing was available and turned out the view of an open field on my side was much more quiet and relaxing! Not an early bird, so I can't attest to when they open for breakfast, but they had what I needed. Only frustration was that the one computer for guests in a small room was not monitored as to time limit of use and several times when I really needed it, I could not get on. I would definitely consider staying here again if I need to be in that specific area north of Denver.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo

Highlands, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

I stayed at this place for 3 days,the first night was on rewards points and the other 2 nights I paid for . When I checked in I noticed a sign that said no vacancy. After checking in and getting to my room I just put my things in the room and left ,when I come back much later I turned the heat on and It sounded like a freight train [I'm a maintenance man at a hotel and lodge]. I decided to not say anything because I knew that they could not move to another room,need less to say I didn't get much sleep that night. I talked to the manager the next morning and she said that she would have it fixed,when I arrived back later that night I noticed that it was the same unit so I turned it on to see if it was fixed,when I turned it on the fan locked down and the unit started smoking so I unplugged it,went down to front desk and girl said that she had a note to move me,It took her about 20 min to find a room for me[she said that computer was slow] when I went to new room I found out that room was occupied,so I went back to desk,she apologized and finally got me another room ,when I talked to general manager about situation the next morning he said he would talk to the manager and call me in about 30 minutes[which the call never happened],the next morning when I checked out I talked to the manager and told her about the G.M not calling me back and she said I don't know why he needed to talk to her he was the G.M and that she would call him and make sure that she would call me back about my situation but she never did as of this morning. I was not going to put this on trip Advisor because I know things happen in this industry but I don't like to be lied 2 buy the Manager and the General Manager.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo

Rapid City, South Dakota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

We were in the area for business. The web site for this motel is done very well but this motel is just for shoppers. We had a 7:00 appointment and were waiting to get breakfast -- The room was not open at 6:30 -- We followed another gentlemen in the room so we could eat and still make our appointment -- We were then scolded by the staff because we went in the room -- and it was time for it to be open -- Room to room there is a lot of noise. The beds are very hard.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Comfort Suites

Been to Comfort Suites Westminster? Share your experiences!