“Beautiful Hotel, Excellent staff” 5 of 5 stars

Special Deal
Complimentary Breakfast
Ranked #7 of 18 hotels in Westminster
San Diego, California
“Beautiful Hotel, Excellent staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

I stayed here back in March to attend my cousin's wedding nearby. I had a friends and family rate which was unbeatable. I wasnt expecting much since Westminster is out in the burbs of Denver, but I was very happily surprised. The front desk clerk Mark Anthony was a true class act. Not only was he professional and friendly but he took the time to make suggestions on what to do in Boulder when I wasn't busy with the wedding activities. I ate at the restaurant on site every day I was there and the food was fantastic. The rooms are very nice, with large well apportioned bathrooms and some rooms have a beautiful mountain view. There are several large shopping plazas nearby with many chain restaurants like Rock Bottom and others so food and shopping is a short walk or drive away. Overall this was a fantastic hotel experience.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Mike C, General Manager at The Westin Westminster, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
Thank you for staying with us for your cousin's special event. I am glad the property exceeded your expectations. I appreciate you pointing out Mark Anthony as a "class act". I could not agree more. Mark has been with our hotel for many years and it is great to read that he continues to make an impact on our guests during their stay. I will enjoy thanking him once again for his efforts. I am equally glad that you enjoyed Kachina many times during your visit. I hope we see you again on a future trip to Colorado.

482 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
Fort Collins, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

Westin Westminster is one of the nicest hotels we've stayed in. Towels are great (one of my standard review items). What was outstanding was the top notch customer service. The check was very efficient and professional. We were warmly welcomed and the front desk person made eye contact and called us by name. We had to call for a plumber one evening, he was there within 5 minutes and resolved our issue in less than that. Our room on the 9th floor offered great views. I would highly recommend this hotel. My only complaint, and a minor one at that, was the uncertainly of the hours of the Starbucks in the lobby. Alternately open, then closed, then opened again.
But all in all, a very nice hotel. We'll stay there again when in the area.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your thoughts and especially pointing out the top notch customer service. We have a strong team of professionals and I am glad that all of their efforts were rewarded with your comments. I am also happy to see you enjoyed the view. Thank you for mentioning the confusion with Starbucks. It is open from 6 am to 2 pm daily; however, there are staff breaks which could be misunderstood as closed. I appreciate the feedback and can modify our procedures to avoid future confusion. I look forward to seeing you again.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014 via mobile

We arrived tattered and torn after the worst travel day of our lives, and we were warmly welcomed and pampered, especially by a professional gentleman (and I stress that term) at the front desk named Robert Huntley. The weekend outside of the hotel continued to be wrought with stress and unfortunate circumstances, which made it all the more important to us that Robert and the staff took such good care of us. He was perceptive, compassionate, and caring. For many years of my life I traveled for work and was literally on the road more than I was at home, but I can't remember a time when I felt so well taken care of. Thanks, Robert and crew, for making a really tough weekend a whole lot better! I hope I get an opportunity to stay here again!

• Stayed June 2014
Thank you for the distinction of "the best overall service". It is very satisfying to read that you enjoyed the hotel and more importantly that Robert made such an impact on you. Robert is an outstanding hospitality professional and we are fortunate to have him on our team. I will enjoy passing on your fantastic praise to him as he certainly deserves it. I look forward to again having you as our guest.
Olympia, WA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

Really nice facility. The staff was helpful and polite. Arranged a reservation at another hotel for me. Provided transportation to the mall for shopping. Provided a special salad dressing to accommodate my food allergies. There is nothing bad I can say. SPF does a great job recruiting fabulous employees.

My room was very nice. It lacked the personality of the SPF Aloft hotel, but it was very clean and nicely a appointed. My view was terrific. I also never had to wait for an elevator.

There was staff cleaning the common areas every day. Superb.

Bed was really comfortable.

The only thing I hate is having to pay $10.95 a day for basic wireless and $14.95 to stream video. You also will be charged per device, although when I complained it was reversed.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your review of this recent visit. I am pleased you found the room to be very nice and particularly the staff to be helpful. Thank you for sharing your thoughts on internet as well. We appreciate your feedback.
Vienna, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

I stayed at the Westminster with my family so we could visit UC at Boulder. The hotel was nice but there was one big problem. There was a dog show and there were dozens of massive dogs that we saw in the lobby. The problem was that it made the elevators have a real bad dog odor. The room was nice, the staff was friendly and the hotel was modern. The carpeting looked fine but not like a five star which looks pristine, hence I gave it four stars. It is a large hotel with a nice pool, deck, and exercise room. I would recommend it.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the mountains.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing your thoughts and kind words about out hotel. I am sorry that the unusual group made your experience less than perfect. I look forward to your next visit to Boulder where I am hopeful that our service will earn that fifth star.
kansas city
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

We were in town for a wedding and flew in several days early to spend some time with the kids in Denver. At check-in we asked for an upgraded (larger) room and were told hotel was full. Room was very small. Would be fine for a single or couple, not so much for a family of 4. Knew the hotel was dog friendly, have no issue with that or dogs, however I was not prepared for what we'd walk into. There was some sort of Mastiff show/convention/meeting going on at the hotel for the entire week we were there. While I'm sure Mastiffs are quite lovely dogs, they are huge, and they slobber and since there were dozens there after awhile they caused the entire hotel to stink. The lobby, elevator banks, elevators and eventually our floor all smelled like dog. There were times we'd get in the elevator to find puddles on the floor people were claiming was dog pee (we never personally witnessed a dog peeing). We purposely didn't stay at the wedding hotel, the Doubletree in Thornton, so we could stay here and after being in my nephew's room at the Doubletree I realized what a huge mistake we made. I typically seek out Westins wherever we go but this was a huge disappointment.

Also the housekeeping was a bit strange. We didn't have wash cloths for the first 3 days and when towels would get changed the old ones weren't removed so we'd get 3 new ones (for 4 people) and by the end of the week ended up with a pile of 10 or so towels. Weird, but maybe they were too busy cleaning up after the dogs.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Mike C, General Manager at The Westin Westminster, responded to this review, June 5, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. The Mastiff group did prove to be more intrusive then we understood it would be. With this said, it is not an excuse and I am sorry we did not provide you the experience you are accustom to at Westin Hotels. The nature of this group was outside of our standard pet policies and I can assure you that we will not be taking similar groups in the future. I am equally sorry for the housekeeping mistakes during your visit. Towels should absolutely be picked up daily and I will follow up with our team on that. Please let me know if there is an opportunity to earn your trust back and show you the service and value our repeat customers have come to expect.
Evergreen, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

A great hotel in every respect except for the dogs. Our group was there for four days for a reunion. Unfortunately we were not told that there would also be a dog show at the same time - not any dogs but mastiffs of up to 240 lbs. They were on nearly every floor. The odor in places was overwhelming, and we had to be on the constant lookout for feces and urine. The elevators were especially bad and we often found ourselves standing in puddles. Outside the hotel, it was worse as owners walked their dogs which relieved themselves in the landscaping immediately outside the doors. Some owners left their dogs unattended in their guest rooms and the dogs barked continuously. As one of the organizers of the reunion, I was embarrassed and felt the need to be constantly apologizing to our guests for the inconvenience, especially for those who are allergic to dogs. I cannot recommend this hotel, and would advise anyone contemplating staying at a Westin to ask about their pet policy. This should not have happened.

Room Tip: West side rooms have a view of the mountains.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. The group did prove to be more intrusive then we understood it would be. I am sorry we did not minimize the impact this uncommon group had on your experience. The nature of this group was outside of our standard pet policies and I can assure you that we will not be relaxing these standards again for future groups. Please let me know if there is an opportunity to earn your trust back and show you the service and value our repeat customers have come to expect.

Been to The Westin Westminster? Share your experiences!