“Great hotel!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 18 Hotels in Westminster
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Great hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

This hotel is just beautiful, and is located in a prime area, with numerous restaurants and shopping within 2 minutes of the front door. The rooms were well-appointed with comfortable beds and the heavenly shower, which was so nice. Starbucks located in the spacious lobby, fire pits and hot tub outside. Restaurant in the lobby. Our room had a great view of the mountains. We caught a baseball game wile in town, and the hotel was a shirt 15 minute drive from Coors Field. Loved the hotel, loved the area. Got a really great price using the bidding option on Priceline. Will stay here again!

• Stayed September 2013
Mike C, General Manager at The Westin Westminster, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and sharing your experience. It is nice to read that you were able to enjoy the hotel, surrounding area and especially Coors Field. We look forward to seeing you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

This is my second stay at this Westin, this time just overnight on a holiday weekend. I enjoy the high-end lodge decor of this property, including those stone scones on each floor. The abundance of free self parking is a big plus as is the easy highway access and the giant eating and entertainment complex across the street.

The one down side is they have only a couple of humidifiers to loan out and I was way down the waiting list...had to run the shower and fill the bathtub to get any humidity at all in my room. Also, I was disturbed a couple times during the night by a dog barking in the room next door. While I acknowledge Starwood's pet friendly stance, I feel they could do a better job of separating rooms with pets from rooms without pets, perhaps managing those pet rooms to be together in a certain area or on a particular floor to reduce the chance of disturbing other guests.

I'd give it 3.5 out of 5 but since it is full points only, I'm going with 4. Better than many hotels, average for a Westin.

Room Tip: I always ask for a corner room....has an extra window on the side wall.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Mike C, General Manager at The Westin Westminster, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Thank you for your thoughts. I am sorry to hear that we were unable to provide you with a humidifier and will follow up with our team to ensure we have enough for our guests. I further appreciate your thoughts on placement of pet rooms. Westin has procedures in place that should account for this and I will share your additional thoughts with our team. Thank you for providing this feedback.
Marblehead, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

Lobby and restaurant are good. I think it's the best option for Broomfield/Westminster area for business travel, but not up to typical Westin standards re: room/bed/bathroom. Gym is pretty good -- updated equipment and clean. Bathrooms are very small and Westin product really need an upgrade.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
I am disappointed that we did not WOW you during your visit. While good gym equipment and a clean facility are great, I appreciate your thoughts on how we can do better. Thank you for sharing and I am pleased we are your best option for business travel. I look forward to hearing your continued thoughts as we upgrade our property.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

Location to airport is conveniently close. Surrounding area is great and safe. Excellent food and drinking establishments are walking distance. Hotel has a great restaurant with very affordable happy hour. Glad I discovered it. Staff was top notch.

• Stayed September 2013
I am glad you discovered us as well. Thank you for staying and offering your thoughts on the hotel. I am happy we will see you on your next visit.
Reno, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

We spent two nights in the Westin Westminster. The hotel is clean, quite and comfortable. The staff is exceptionally helpful and the proximity to the freeway and restaurants is great.

I absolutely love the showers here. After a long day traveling, you really don't want to get out.

It's not a cheap motel, but the old saying, "You get what you pay for," is certainly true here. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

Room Tip: Get a mountain view room for a wonderful view of the Rockies in the morning, a great start to the da...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your thoughts on the staff and the restaurant at our hotel. I am proud of both and happy to see that you enjoyed them as well. Good note on the Mountain view. I agree that the scenery is outstanding in the morning as well as the rest of the day. Thank you for staying.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

We needed a hotel for one night near the Boulder area as we were visiting friends who lived near the University. Given we're Starwood loyalists (Platinum status), we found the Westin Westminster to be close enough (about 30 minutes SE of Boulder).

I have to say, this property was one of the nicest we've been to (and we've been to over 100 hotels in the past 3 years). We were there for a Saturday night and there were multiple weddings going on, so no suites were available for a complimentary Platinum upgrade.

Nevertheless, we were only there for less than 24 hours, so we made do with the actual room we had booked. We booked with the AAA rate for $119 + taxes. Platinum breakfast amenity was a coupon for 2 people to get $12 credit each at their hotel restaurant Kachina (so a total of $24 off our bill). We took that instead of the 500 SPG points and we made the right call. Breakfast was unique and delicious. Our server was energetic and engaging, even at 9AM on a Sunday.

The property is very spacious and well laid out. There's a beautiful fountain right outside as well as a shopping area across the street. My 2 year old daughter loved having tons of space to run around (we're from NYC, so space isn't as abundant as it is in Colorado).

Finally, everyone we interacted with was just amazingly friendly. They asked how your day was going and actually listened to your answer and responded - like an actual human being and not a programmed robot. I'd have a decent short conversation with everyone. Really great feeling compared to other hotel staff's we've interacted with.

Highly recommended if you're looking to stay in the area. We'll definitely be back next time we visit our Boulder friends.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review. It is satisfying to read that you found the property to be on par with the best you have visited. I especially appreciate your kind words about the staff. We have great team members here and I am glad they made an impact on you. We look forward to seeing you again when you are in our area.
Newport Beach, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

Although we were barely there other than to sleep, the beds were extra comfortable and cozy. The bath towels are also nice and thick.Check-in was quick and easy. The fitness center was a good size. You can walk to a variety of restaurants and Target and TJ Maxx are just across the way. This was perfect for getting my daughter moved back in at college.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review. I am glad you enjoyed the property and especially the Heavenly Beds. I hope we see you again when you visit your daughter at school.

Been to The Westin Westminster? Share your experiences!