“Overall a comfortable and good place to stay” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #6 of 18 Hotels in Westminster
Chicago, Illinois
“Overall a comfortable and good place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

This is my second stay at this Westin, this time just overnight on a holiday weekend. I enjoy the high-end lodge decor of this property, including those stone scones on each floor. The abundance of free self parking is a big plus as is the easy highway access and the giant eating and entertainment complex across the street.

The one down side is they have only a couple of humidifiers to loan out and I was way down the waiting list...had to run the shower and fill the bathtub to get any humidity at all in my room. Also, I was disturbed a couple times during the night by a dog barking in the room next door. While I acknowledge Starwood's pet friendly stance, I feel they could do a better job of separating rooms with pets from rooms without pets, perhaps managing those pet rooms to be together in a certain area or on a particular floor to reduce the chance of disturbing other guests.

I'd give it 3.5 out of 5 but since it is full points only, I'm going with 4. Better than many hotels, average for a Westin.

Room Tip: I always ask for a corner room....has an extra window on the side wall.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Mike C, General Manager at The Westin Westminster, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Thank you for your thoughts. I am sorry to hear that we were unable to provide you with a humidifier and will follow up with our team to ensure we have enough for our guests. I further appreciate your thoughts on placement of pet rooms. Westin has procedures in place that should account for this and I will share your additional thoughts with our team. Thank you for providing this feedback.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
Marblehead, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

Lobby and restaurant are good. I think it's the best option for Broomfield/Westminster area for business travel, but not up to typical Westin standards re: room/bed/bathroom. Gym is pretty good -- updated equipment and clean. Bathrooms are very small and Westin product really need an upgrade.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
I am disappointed that we did not WOW you during your visit. While good gym equipment and a clean facility are great, I appreciate your thoughts on how we can do better. Thank you for sharing and I am pleased we are your best option for business travel. I look forward to hearing your continued thoughts as we upgrade our property.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

Location to airport is conveniently close. Surrounding area is great and safe. Excellent food and drinking establishments are walking distance. Hotel has a great restaurant with very affordable happy hour. Glad I discovered it. Staff was top notch.

• Stayed September 2013
I am glad you discovered us as well. Thank you for staying and offering your thoughts on the hotel. I am happy we will see you on your next visit.
Reno, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

We spent two nights in the Westin Westminster. The hotel is clean, quite and comfortable. The staff is exceptionally helpful and the proximity to the freeway and restaurants is great.

I absolutely love the showers here. After a long day traveling, you really don't want to get out.

It's not a cheap motel, but the old saying, "You get what you pay for," is certainly true here. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

Room Tip: Get a mountain view room for a wonderful view of the Rockies in the morning, a great start to the da...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your thoughts on the staff and the restaurant at our hotel. I am proud of both and happy to see that you enjoyed them as well. Good note on the Mountain view. I agree that the scenery is outstanding in the morning as well as the rest of the day. Thank you for staying.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

We needed a hotel for one night near the Boulder area as we were visiting friends who lived near the University. Given we're Starwood loyalists (Platinum status), we found the Westin Westminster to be close enough (about 30 minutes SE of Boulder).

I have to say, this property was one of the nicest we've been to (and we've been to over 100 hotels in the past 3 years). We were there for a Saturday night and there were multiple weddings going on, so no suites were available for a complimentary Platinum upgrade.

Nevertheless, we were only there for less than 24 hours, so we made do with the actual room we had booked. We booked with the AAA rate for $119 + taxes. Platinum breakfast amenity was a coupon for 2 people to get $12 credit each at their hotel restaurant Kachina (so a total of $24 off our bill). We took that instead of the 500 SPG points and we made the right call. Breakfast was unique and delicious. Our server was energetic and engaging, even at 9AM on a Sunday.

The property is very spacious and well laid out. There's a beautiful fountain right outside as well as a shopping area across the street. My 2 year old daughter loved having tons of space to run around (we're from NYC, so space isn't as abundant as it is in Colorado).

Finally, everyone we interacted with was just amazingly friendly. They asked how your day was going and actually listened to your answer and responded - like an actual human being and not a programmed robot. I'd have a decent short conversation with everyone. Really great feeling compared to other hotel staff's we've interacted with.

Highly recommended if you're looking to stay in the area. We'll definitely be back next time we visit our Boulder friends.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review. It is satisfying to read that you found the property to be on par with the best you have visited. I especially appreciate your kind words about the staff. We have great team members here and I am glad they made an impact on you. We look forward to seeing you again when you are in our area.
Newport Beach, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

Although we were barely there other than to sleep, the beds were extra comfortable and cozy. The bath towels are also nice and thick.Check-in was quick and easy. The fitness center was a good size. You can walk to a variety of restaurants and Target and TJ Maxx are just across the way. This was perfect for getting my daughter moved back in at college.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review. I am glad you enjoyed the property and especially the Heavenly Beds. I hope we see you again when you visit your daughter at school.
Henderson, Nevada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

My wife and I recently stayed at the Westin in Westminster, Colorado. We chose this hotel primarily because AAA gave it a 4 star rating, the only 4 star hotel in Westminster, Colorado. We use our AAA books often for recommendations, as well as Trip Advisor. We are extremely disappointed in the AAA rating for this hotel. Here is our story;
Upon checking in, we were taken to our room which smelled of smoke. This was a non-smoking room and there was no way that the person who cleaned the room would not have smelled the smoke. Our bell-hop said we could ask for another room or they could use an “ionizer” to clear the smoke. We called and were told there were no other rooms so they would send up an ionizer. So, we waited downstairs while they ran the ionizer.
Upon taking our showers the following morning, we realized that the tub did not drain properly. We left a note for the cleaning crew. When we returned we found no answer to our note, and found that the washcloths had not been replaced, the shampoo and conditioner had not been replenished, and the cream for the coffee had also not been replenished. We notified the front desk. We also then noticed that the floor under the sink was quite wet. We notified the front desk again. We left the room and when we returned found that the washcloths had been replaced and the wet area under the bathroom sink had been dried. No shampoo, conditioner or cream for the coffee. The following morning, taking our showers, we noted that the tub still did not drain properly.
Our granddaughter came to visit us and we took her to the swimming pool. The shower area for the pool leaves a lot to be desired, and the pool and separate jacuzzi is certainly not a 4 star pool or jacuzzi.
So, we decided we would check out early. No one asked or cared why we were checking out early. We asked for a bell-hop and a young man, seemed like his first day on the job, struggled to put our luggage on the carrier. On the way to the elevator, one of our plastic containers fell off, spilling all of the contents in the hallway. I guess that was the hotel’s way of saying good-bye!
We are “Starwoods” members, and, although we have not used our membership much, we will definitely not stay at this Westin hotel again.
AAA, PLEASE reconsider your 4 star rating of this hotel. We have been AAA members for many many years and we value all of the recommendations you make. This one was really a bust!

Hal and Diane Rosowsky

Room Tip: This hotel is more expensive and doesn't provide breakfast, not even coffee in the lobby.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Mike C, General Manager at The Westin Westminster, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Thank you for your review. I am disappointed that we did not provide the service and value so many of our repeat guests have come to expect. I appreciate you leaving your name on the posting and will be contacting you to further discuss.

Been to The Westin Westminster? Share your experiences!