“Wonderful Experience with Great Views” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #6 of 18 Hotels in Westminster
Los Gatos, California
“Wonderful Experience with Great Views”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

I sincerely enjoyed this hotel. The rooms were clean, spacious, well appointed and comfortable. I upgraded to a mountain view room and watching the sun set behind the mountains was fantastic. The staff was friendly, and extremely helpful. Also, there are some wonderful running trails that run right by the hotel. I'll definitely stay here the next time that I'm in the area. By the way, if you do stay here, I strongly recommend the attached Kachina Restaurant. It has wonderful food and a great staff.

Room Tip: Definitely upgrade to a mountain view room. As soon as you see your first sunset you'll underst...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Mike C, General Manager at The Westin Westminster, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Thank you for your review of our hotel. I am glad you enjoyed the facilities and were able to get out and take a run around the area. It is a great experience. I am also pleased to see that you enjoyed Kachina. Kachina continues to get outstanding reviews from our guests and the local community and I appreciate you adding in your thoughts. I hope we see you next time you are in the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
Sao Paulo, Brazil
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

It was a pleasure to stay 5 days in an corporative event there. The doubled shower was wonderful. The installations were very nice, and there are no complaints. The staff was very interested in solve simple problems (not related to my staying). Inside the room, the installations were all working fine. I felt a little bit strange with the fact of the refrigerator was unable to use unless I asked to have a key (it is not so useful to me, but I really did not need it). The services were fast there. Ask for entertainment plan for wifi internet...

Room Tip: Ask for Rocky Mountains View rooms
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for staying with us during your recent event. I am happy to see that the staff was helpful to you and overall it was a great experience. Unfortunately, the units in the room automatically lock and require a key to open each time. I am sorry for the inconvenience. I look forward to seeing you during your next visit to Colorado.
Greenville, DE
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for a Denver wedding. Ask for a mountain view room. Rooms were spacious and clean. Double shower head. Parking was limited, so we used the valet service ($10). Staff was friendly and knowledgeable. Easy drive to downtown. Shopping center across the street with dining and Starbucks (!). Would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012
Thank you for staying with us during the wedding you attended. It is great to read all of your positive comments about the cleanliness, friendly staff and location. I appreciate you sharing your thoughts and look forward to a future opportunity to have you as our guest.
Atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

The Westin is an excellent hotel located in the suburbs of Denver. I recently stayed here for a conference with a thousand or so other high tech folks. The conference facilities were great.

The rooms are exactly what you'd expect. Clean, well apportioned. A mini-fridge is available for free for the asking. The staff are pleasant, courteous, and helpful.

The hot tub is great, and there's a Starbucks in the lobby.

A must try is the restaurant. For the record I am NOT a fan of hotel restaurants, but the Westin's Kachina is one of the best places I've dined in quite awhile. The food has a southwestern flare and the menu is varied and excellent!

Room Tip: The rooms facing towards the east have spectacular sunrises...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for the outstanding review. I appreciate your comments on the clean rooms and conference facilities. I am especially excited about your thoughts on Kachina. Kachina has been designed to be a unique and memorable dining experience and it looks like we made that happen for you. I look forward to your next visit.
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

We stayed here for two nights this past Friday and Saturday nights. We checked in at around 11 PM after our flight from Los Angeles and were given a room on the 6th floor. We were pretty happy when we arrived since one of the reasons we were in town was to go to the UCLA - Colorado football game and it turned out that the Westin Westminster was the UCLA team hotel. We were glad to see a lot of blue and gold around the hotel. There was even a cop on our floor for a little extra security for the players.

We always enjoy Westin hotels and this property was no exception. As usual the Heavenly Bed and Shower were big pluses in the room. We had a King room which was a pretty good size with a nice TV with a lot of channels. The only issue we had was when we came back from the game the room had been cleaned but there were no clean towels, or a towel of any kind, in the bathroom. We called the service desk and they had towels brought up to us quickly, though. The view was away from the mountains but nice.

Check-in and check-out were both very easy and they had a couple computers downstairs where we were able to print out our boarding passes for free. We had breakfast at the hotel restaurant, Kachina, which had good food and a nice atmosphere.

This hotel was a good choice for us since it was closer to Boulder than the most of the Denver hotels and was in a very safe and quiet area. It was about a half hour drive from the airport for us and a 15 minute drive to the University of Colorado at Boulder. If we ever find ourselves in the area in the future we would definitely choose the Westin again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Mike C, General Manager at The Westin Westminster, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
It was a pleasure to have so many college football fans in for the game this past weekend. Thank you for choosing to stay with us. I am sorry for the missed linens but I am glad to hear that we delivered new ones quickly. On a positive note, it is great to read that you enjoyed the Heavenly Bed. The comfortable bed does make for a great night’s sleep. It was a fun weekend and I hope we will see you again for a game.
Dusseldorf, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

We've spend two nights in that excellent hotel. The rooms are very comfortable, quite and the beds like heaven on earth, everything is very clean. The Katchina is a wonderful place for chilling while sipping a cocktail and get warmed by the fireplaces. We do not eat there, so we can't score the food.
The entire staff of hotel and katchina is outstanding friendly!
We did know, that the hotel is more far from Denver than from Boulder, but for us that doesn't matter. A nice shopping and dining area is close by and the wonderful Butterly Pavilion is in walking distance.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for letting us know about your visit. I am glad you had the chance to enjoy Kachina and the wonderful staff at the hotel. It is a pleasure to read your comments and we look forward to your next visit.
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

The Westin in Westminster compares well to other business traveler hotels in the area such as the Renaissance in nearby Broomfield; it offers professional, friendly, service and comfortable rooms along with a pleasing atmosphere. The location is closer to Boulder than Denver, but still offers convenient access to both cities. I found nothing displeasing about my stay and the location was optimal for trips to Denver, Boulder, and the nearby Indian Peaks.

The in house restaurant has an excellent atmosphere and southwestern style the food is better than average, but comes at a typical in-house premium.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Mike C, General Manager at The Westin Westminster, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Thank you for letting us know about your visit. I am glad the location works for you. Thanks also for your review of Kachina. In the few weeks it has been open, we have heard many great comments about the food and staff. I hope you will get to eat there again during your next visit.

Been to The Westin Westminster? Share your experiences!