“horrible” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 18 Hotels in Westminster
Fargo, North Dakota, United States
“horrible”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW via mobile

got my bill for $404.08 but when I look at my online banking statement they charged me $654.08 WHAT?? I was overdrawn and facing fees from my bank. Called and they told me that it smelt like weed in the room so they charged me with a smoking fee!! 1. I NEVER smoked in the room and 2. Yes we had weed in the room, but it's colorado and the friend staying with me has his medical card. Fully legal. The only time the weed was out of its smell proof package the dispensaries give you was to roll a blunt. 1 blunt, 2 days before we checked out. AND WE SMOKED THE BLUNT AT A DIFFERENT FRIENDS HOUSE. They had no proof of us smoking, they SMELT AN ODER and ASSUMED! Unauthorized charge to my credit card. Filing a dispute with my bank and never staying at a marriott again. My father is also changin credit cards as well. It's so nor ok that they did this. Ozium or fabreeze would have taken the small away, just like any other smells that are left in hotels ex. Smelly people, stinky clothing, fast food, ect. I'm outraged and this company is money hungry thieves.

Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
Lucas L, General Manager at Denver Marriott Westminster, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Emilee,

Thank you for your feedback. We stand by our policy as a smoke free hotel and do clearly post this policy and associated fee's in each guestroom. I would be happy to refer you to area hotels who allow smoking in their Hotel if this would help you in your future travels to Westminster.

Lucas Laidlaw

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
S.E. PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

New, modern, clean Marriott. Quiet as can be! Staff was outstanding! Upon arrival you are greeted at the door. If the desk staff is busy someone quickly jumps in to check you in - excellent!. The room was spacious, comfortable and the air conditioning was barely noticeable . The lounge was a great place to hang out with my associates.

Room Tip: high room away from elvators
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Southlake, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I would highly recommend this new hotel! Amenities are abundant and the staff is friendly,helpful and very knowledgeable! Perfect for the business traveler as well as leisure. Great restaurants on site however other great options very close by. And a Target is close so if you need any incidentals---just down the street---along with a Starbucks! Just off the highway ---centrally located and lovely decor! I'll be back!

Room Tip: Ask for a mountain view
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Used Boardroom for meeting. Great accommodations, excellent service from banquet team. Lunch at hotel grill was very, very good. Extremely positive experience...would definitely use again. Much nicer than other surrounding hotels for meetings.

Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Lucas L, General Manager at Denver Marriott Westminster, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear Pat,

We're very glad you discovered our Hotel! Our Culinary and Event's team do an excellent job with our clients and the Restaurant Staff in Tiller's Kitchen & Bar is excellent!

We hope that you come visit us again when your travels bring you back to Westminster!

Simi Valley, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We were only in for one night but from arrival to departure, everything was outstanding! We were greeted at the door. All services were explained to us in detail. The lobby's decor was lovely, equipped with a modern-style fireplace separating lobby from bar. The room was spacious and comfortable. The M lounge afforded snacks, soda, water and an internet cafe. The mix of new, modern and earthy elements made this hotel a restful retreat not far from the airport.

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Lucas L, General Manager at Denver Marriott Westminster, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
DawnPage1966,

We're glad you enjoyed your stay! We appreciate you recognizing our Hotel's modern yet earthly elements which is a tribute to our local area. We hope you are able to come see us again in the future and please let me know if we can be of service!

Sanbornville, New Hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Special Marriott with a very unique "feel". Quite special and not at ALL cookie-cutter/generic! I have now stayed here 2 times in the last month and have a good feel. Many good things though there are areas that could use some improvement...

The Good:
- Love love love the bar area with an inside glassed in gas fire and outside fire pit with very comfortable seating. Very special.
- Rooms are comfortable, clean, with good layout and high end amenities.
- Bed was outrageously comfortable with a pillowtop mattress, lots of pillows and fabulous comforter.
- Conference rooms are well appointed and the services provided (IT support, breakouts, room configuration, white boards, markers, clean up, etc) were absolutely top notch. (Thank you Kayla!)
- Restaurant is pricey but food is consistently quite good.
- Staff is very accommodating and attentive with a common high end, consistent professional "tone".
- Breakfast Chef ROCKED: Terrific made to order omelets and gave me yummy hot, crispy hash browns even though they were not included on the buffet.
-- Looked like a very nice pool and gym (Yes! Ellipticals!) , but never had the time to "sample" them.

Areas for improvement:
- Both rooms I stayed in the iron top (pour in water) was broken. Weird...
- Rooms do not have a fridge/mini bar. When away, I often will use the fridge for leftovers, water, cheese, etc. Missed that! Especially 'cause...
- Location is quite isolated. If you don't have a car, you are very much a captive audience. The restaurant is good, but after 3 nights in a row, even good gets old...
- I could not figure out the Breakfast staff: MANY people who all seem to have different roles and not many customers. One to seat me, one to get tea, another collect the order... Just over kill. I think that also resulted in a slight degradation of service since roles were so segregated. Couple of times, I would see 2-3 people gathered/ congregated at the door by the kitchen "coordinating" stuff but catching their eye was impossible. When I went up to ask for something (more tea, order), they responded well but seems like "too many cooks in the kitchen". (Not beating up. Tone, attitude was top notch. Just seemed process was inefficient).
- Business Center is more a "print boarding pass" center than enable better business operations...
-- Simple fix: Add power strips/more outlets & table/space for customer laptops, etc.
-- Not simple fix: overhead music VERY annoying in business center when I was trying to take a conference call.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Dear Kmcoyle,

We appreciate the kind words regarding our Hotel and team as well as some of the suggestions regarding the service deployment in our restaurant as well as the business center.

I do want to apologize for the issues with the irons in your guestrooms. Please know these have been remedied. We also do have fridges on hand for guests who request them so please let me know if you would like one placed in your guestroom for future stays.

I'm glad you were able to enjoy our restaurant Tiller's Kitchen & Bar - We would also be happy to suggest either the Walnut Creek Shopping Center across the street from our Hotel or the Westminster Promenade a 1/2 mile up the street if you are looking for other dining/entertainment options. With a number of restaurants as well as shopping and a movie Theater; both of these areas are great options if you are looking to get outside the hotel.

Thank you again for your feedback and we hope that you come visit us if you are ever back in the area.

Las Vegas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2015

Stayed at this new Marriott recently while visiting Denver area. I chose it for it's unique boutique style feel because I don't like bland hotels.

This Marriott came through with flying colors!

The room was exceptionally modern yet still had a warm and cozy feel.

The bar has an outside and inside fireplace. We ate in the bar area every night and the food was better than average. Especially the margarita flatbread, (great sauce).
The restaurant was large and open but I never went in.

The gym looked great, again open and sunny with new equipment. The indoor pool would be good for laps, (didn't use it).

I highly recommend this property.

Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Lucas L, General Manager at Denver Marriott Westminster, responded to this review, March 19, 2015
We're glad you enjoyed our Hotel! Thank you for the feedback and we hope to be able to host you again if your travels bring you back to the Denver/Westminster area!

Lucas Laidlaw

Been to Denver Marriott Westminster? Share your experiences!