“Nice place to stay for a week” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #14 of 18 hotels in Westminster
Union, MI
“Nice place to stay for a week”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

This hotel was clean, roomy and updated. We enjoyed our stay and the staff was very kind. The breakfast was minimal but our room had a full kitchen so we made our own coffee and breakfast. There were great restaurants within walking distance. We slept well because it was quiet and the mattress was comfy. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

40 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

My family and I stayed at the Extended Stay America - Denver - Westminster on the way back from our ski vacation. Overall this hotel just wasn't for us. We were just staying there for one night and would not recommend this property for that type of stay. The staff was friendly and tried to be accommodating but we were told the incorrect location of our room upon check-in which resulted in us parking at the wrong door and having to lug our luggage through the entire building. Seems like the front desk staff should know the location of their rooms. The one positive for the hotel was that the rooms did seem nice and clean. However, 1 of our rooms smelled so badly of chicken ramen noodles we could barely handle it. The other room smelled of smoke even though the entire facility was smoke-free. One other complaint was the amount of smokers at the entrances. It was hard to escape the smell and it really bothered me that the side entrance door was propped open with a rock which I assume was placed there by someone outside to smoke. We were also uncomfortable with some of the residents of this hotel and their behavior. Just a really weird overall stay and we are all glad it is over.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Westminster, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

My wife and I stayed here in September of last year for several weeks, and the employees went out of their way consistently to ensure we were getting our money's worth. They provided supplies when we asked for them, and even provided recommendations for restaurants. They gave us directions to different destinations, since we were new to the area. Scott & TJ were especially helpful, and they did their jobs very professionally, in addition to being genuinely interested in our well-being. The room was adequate, the small kitchenette was very cramped and efficient. No oven, so forget baking a pizza! Definitely compact & "bare bones", but sufficient for our needs.

Room Tip: Upper level rooms on the west side have a great view of the mountains.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Denver - Westminster, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
Ken – Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I truly appreciate your comments regarding our staff and the service they provided, especially Scott and TJ. Customer service is one of our top priorities, so it is great to hear that we were able to meet this goal. We look forward to seeing you in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area.
O'Fallon, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

Two of us stayed at this hotel for three months and have never met a more earnest, desire-to-be-helpful, staff anywhere. If we had a need they could answer, it was done immediately and with a superb attitude (even turning on A/C in the laundry room when I was observed pulling off my sweater.) The hotel itself was adequate with newer carpeting and an elevator, and fresh linens, including the bedspread and blanket (the latter two were in plastic when they were brought to the room, but the sheets and towels show they have been used many times (not ragged, but "broken in." ) The Kitchenette is tight with a bar sink in the corner, making it difficult to wash the two ea. forks, spoons, knives, plates, bowls, coffee cups and plastic glasses. There is a sharper knife, can open and a colander and two pots, a small coffee maker and a toaster. After using the frying pan to cook eggs, I had to use a steel wool scrub pad and hard scrubbing to clean it. (I went to Tuesday Mornings and bought kitchen ware.) Being accustomed to breakfast at Holiday Inn Express, I was shocked at the apple or breakfast bar offering here. The bed was great, the sofa had seen much better days, and was quite uncomfortable. The a/c was a bit harsh-- too cool or too warm. On a very positive note, renovations are to start renovations are to start here next month, and I am sure that many of the items will be corrected. For future clients' sake, I hope that they do not correct the water flow in the shower-- I had not had a shower this wonderful since water restricting showers became the norm! It seems that many of the concerns from the years ago have been addressed. It would be helpful if a new luggage cart replaced the one that is there, but I was able to manage with the old one that didn't have hooks for bags like newer models. My only "complaint" is the residents' smoking at the entry ways and you can't escape the smoke at the elevator nor at the entries. We were here along with residents displaced by the CO flood, and workers due to the flood. I found all the residents to be quite nice.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Denver - Westminster, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. We appreciate you letting us know that you encountered others smoking near our entry ways. We are sorry for this issue, but are happy to read that we provided you with a "Home away from home" and superb guest service.

Boulder
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

Clean and comfortable.
Prime location between Boulder and Denver.
Very quiet and people are pleasant.

I would stay there again for extended stays.

Did I mention its cheap !

(need to fill 200 characters for the review so ....... .... ... ... .. .... ...)

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Denver - Westminster, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. We strive to provide our guests with the comfort of home and I'm so pleased to hear that your stay was comfortable and quiet. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area.
USA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

I decided to stay here based on both the location and the other reviews. So I'm here now and although the front desk was very nice and helpful they placed me on the 3rd which reeks, and I mean, reeks of cigarette smoke. It has dogs barking in rooms and little kids screaming, and lots of transient like people. I don't feel it is unsafe but rather more "ghetto" than I thought it would be given the monthly cost of over 1400. I was under the impression this place for was professionals - you know folks in town working with a local company. Not locals needing a place to live. If this is the case then I would recommend calling around and getting a better price if they all have a simialr situation.

Room Tip: Don't go on 3rd floor if you are a non-smoker.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Minneapolis, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

The whole property is non-smoking, but our room smelled of cigarette smoke. They could not give us another room so we ended up checking out and leaving right away. They did give us a full refund. The place feels a little tired; the counter at the check-in is a bit beat up and the bathroom door in the room could not close all the way.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Denver - Westminster, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
PJ - Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I sincerely apologize that we were unable to provide you with a non-smoking room. Due to being overbooked, we were not able to fulfill this request, and for that I am extremely disheartened. I will be working with the staff to improve our reservation procedures moving forward to limit this type of situation from happening again.

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, we would like to hear it. Please contact me, at dwm@extendedstay.com, so we can speak directly. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Been to Extended Stay America - Denver - Westminster? Share your experiences!