“So friendly, but they need to do something about the doors” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #4 of 18 hotels in Westminster
Denver, Colorado
“So friendly, but they need to do something about the doors”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2011

We stayed in the SpringHill Suites Westminster for one night in late October. The hotel staff is very friendly and provided lots of useful tips for shopping and eating. There are a number of eateries and shopping within 1/4 mile. The room was okay...nothing special, but it served our purposes for one night. It would be a little small for 2 people on an extended stay, though.

The breakfast was free and there were plenty of offerings, including real oatmeal, scrambled eggs, hard boiled eggs, waffles, sausage, cereal, etc. The sink is separated from the shower so two people can get ready for the day at the same time. My biggest complaint was the banging doors...it finally ended around 11:30 pm but started back up at 6:30 am. I don't understand why hotels don't install doors that close quietly. The walls are a little thin so you cold hear everytime someone opened or closed their door.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
ThankYouForStaying, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Denver North / Westminster, responded to this review, October 27, 2011
Thank you for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor. Other travelers value your opinions to help them make decisions and they are highly valued by myself so that I can do whatever possible to make improvements for our guests. I apologize that the stay did not exceed your expectations because of the noise coming from nearby rooms and doors. Our maintenance team completes regular inspections and repairs on all of our guest rooms to make sure doors are adjusted properly. I will look into this issue and get it resolved. The hotel will begin a full renovation mid-November at which time all of our guest room doors will be addressed and repairs made, as needed. I hope you will return and experience the same excellent service and our brand new hotel in 2012. Thank you again for your response!

188 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Westminster, CO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2011

I helped my family stay here for a visit.
It is a fairly new hotel, and looks it. Nice lobby. Nice indoor pool. Rooms are clean and nice with a microfridge. Higher up rooms have views of the mountains.
Really enjoyed the breakfasts here. Front desk staff were typical Marriott courteous.
The price is a little steep here at about $110. There are probably better values out there, like the nearby LaQuinta, but if cost isn't the top priority, I doubt that you will be dissatisfied with this hotel. I would stay here again with my family.

Room Tip: High up on the west side to get mountain views
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2011

Two friends and I stayed there one night, and all of us were so impressed with the room. We had two queen beds and one pullout sofa bed, and I'm happy to say the sofa bed was very comfortable (not at all what we expected). The queen beds and bedding were absolutely great, the room was clean and spacious, and even the shower was very nice. This wonderful room was SO affordable ($105 with a AAA discount, which includes taxes). Can't beat it!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2011

I recently stayed at the SpringHill Suites for 4 nights. This is a very nice hotel, very clean, and with a good continental breakfast. It's in a very convenient location with lots of shopping nearby (if that's your thing), and my room (3rd floor) had a nice view of mountains to the west.

Room Tip: When booking you can pay $30 extra for a room with a mountain view. I opted not to do that and got...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2011 via mobile

I'll say the stay was pleasant and the price was good, only downside was I wished the bathroom was alot cleaner, but it's ok. The breakfast is good, wifi on the ground floor only, wish they have it in every room (as opposed to wired connection which do no good to us iPad owners). On the overall, I will come back here again.

• Stayed May 2011
ThankYouForStaying, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Denver North / Westminster, responded to this review, October 7, 2011
Thank you for your feedback and for the opportunity to respond to your valued comments. It is my pleasure to inform you and fellow travelers that we have upgraded our internet so that we now have complimentary high speed wireless in all of our guest rooms and throughout our hotel, so we hope you willl come back and bring your iPad. I sincerely apologize that the bathroom did not meet your expectations and want you to know that this is not acceptable for the hotel. We continue to inspect our guest rooms thoroughly and train our staff on any issues on a daily basis. Please take note that we will be undergoing a full SpringHill Suites renovation in November and December in 2011, complete with new carpets, wall paper, and new furnishings in our guest rooms and public spaces. We encourage you to come back and enjoy a brand new hotel. Thank you again for sharing your experience.
Los Angeles, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2011

My Family and I Stayed At This Property As Part Of Our Vacation To Colorado and Wyoming (Sept 17-22, 2011). The Hotel Was Chosen From United Vacations. We Checked In After Flying Into DIA and Getting Our Rental Car. We Checked In Sat Afternoon, and The Front Desk Was Very Busy. Both Agents Were Friendly and My Brother and I Received Room #308 while my Parents Received Room #309. As I've Stayed At Other SpringHill Suites In Seattle and SLC, The Room Was Typical Of The Chain, Exceptionally Nice and Comfortable. It Was In Essence 'Home Away From Home' and Central To Everything We Wanted To Go. Westminister Is Just North of Downtown Denver, only 30 Miles To Boulder and Beyond To Ft. Collins and Cheyenne, WY. We Also Visited Estes Park, CO and Rocky Mountain N.P. Where We Were Caught In A Snowstorm As We Were Driving Atop A 12,000 Ft. Mountain Peak!!! It Was A Great Location As Target and Restaurants Were Across The Street (We Ate At East Moon Asian Grill As Well As A Mexican Restaurant Next To It). Pool and Spa Was Just Great After A Long Day Of Walking. Overall, A Great Property...Five Claws!!! Joe The Bear

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Deerfield, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2011

We stayed at the Springhill Suites in Sept of 2011. We choose this location primarily based on location... it is close to family of ours and its a short drive to Boulder (less than 20 minutes), area shopping, and also convenient if you want to take a day trip to the mountains. Its within walking distance of a Super Target, shopping and several restaurants.

Overall the facilities are nice. The hotel was clean and there were no glaring maintenance issues. The pool was clean and the exercise equipment were good quality. We opted for the studio room with two beds. It was nice to have the extra room/sitting area, however its worth noting that the rooms are not separated by a door. If you're looking for an option where the living room area is shut off from the bedroom by a door, you will be disappointed. There is a shared television between the living room area and the bedroom. This was not a major issue and overall, the room was nice, but this is a bit different than some suite hotels where there are two separate rooms.

There were two problems worth noting. The first was that our room was a connecting room and even with the doors between both rooms shut, the noise from our neighbors could be heard. I don't believe that they were being overly noisy, but it was an issue at night when we were trying to sleep and they were up and talking. Issue number two was the hotel towels. This may seem like a minor thing, but when you start your day with a shower, you don't want to dry off with towels that feel like sand paper. These were towels that I'd expect at the local Motel 6, not at a hotel that I'd consider to be mid range or above. If I were to stay here again, I'd bring my own towels... they were that bad.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
ThankYouForStaying, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Denver North / Westminster, responded to this review, September 27, 2011
Thank you for your honest feedback, Dan L. I truly appreciate your taking the time to share your experience with fellow travelers. I want to apologize for the issues you encountered during your stay, and let you know that our team does take measures to minimize noise and that there is always a helpful staff member 24/7 to respond to and resolve noise complaints. We will certainly look into the towel issue you mentioned to investigate the quality. I am sorry that the towels were not comfortable for you. I do hope you will try us again in the future to give us the opportunity to exceed your expectations.

Been to SpringHill Suites Denver North / Westminster? Share your experiences!