“godd food but bad attitude” 2 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Buffet, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Buffet, Reservations
colorado
“godd food but bad attitude”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

had a gift coupon and presented it before being seated; they said they would honor it. we ordered way more than the minimum but when we tried to present on payment, manager said they don't take them anymore. his staff did not know that. We ordered the meal for 2 and aked for to-go boxes. He said they don't provide boxes when they offer the buffet. We did not order the buffet. He "let the boxes slide this time" but not to expect that again. Food was good but service was extremely slow and the manager needs an attitude adjustment.

Visited February 2013

Anchorage ak
“So dissapointed”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

There were six of us. I had tandoori chicken. It was so dry, I was literally choking on it. The sauteed onions it came with were greasy and slimy. The people who had curry were okay with it. My daughter was also unhappy, but I can't remember what she ordered. The service was remarkable slow. They would not honor our Restaurant.com coupon. Overall, a negative experience.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Arvada, Colorado
“There may be some service problems but don't miss this food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

My friend and I went for lunch and chose to have the buffet. I guess all the normal tables were full because we ended up being shown to a long table where we would have had to sit side by side. This was in the bar area, not the dining room. Wait! Is there a dining room? Anyway, we asked for different seating. We were moved right around the corner from the long table (still in the bar area) to a booth type structure that could have been very uncomfortable but we moved all the way over to the window where there was no padding at our backs and that worked out OK. There was definitely a language barrier with the gentleman who seated us. Our drink orders were taken pretty quickly and arrived pretty quickly but we wanted to take our time going to the buffet and linger over our meal. The next thing we knew, warm bread was brought to our table before we had gone to the buffet. I love the warm naan bread but I didn't have a plate of food to enjoy it with yet. I felt like I was being rushed. I covered the bread with my napkin to keep it warm (they have cloth napkins!!!) and we decided we'd better get crackin' and get some food. The buffet was very picked over and there wasn't much to choose from. I got some brown rice, chicken and noodles, a potato samosa with tomato chutney, and some zucchini. I would have been peeved but what I did get was absolutely delicious. I went back a second time and, guess what? The buffet was full of yummy, freshly delivered goodies. I got chicken tandoori which was absolutely heavenly, more of the chicken and noodles, some battered veggies (almost like a tempura) that were very good, and more of the zucchini. I was concerned that we would be bothered for the rest of our meal but we were not. We enjoyed our food and wine, and we were left alone with our delicious food so we could talk and get caught up. Just so you know, there are soups, salads, and desserts also at the buffet, I just don't partake of them. All in all, if you choose the buffet, don't have to depend on table service, and get seated out of the way, you will probably greatly enjoy your experience here. The buffet food, when fresh and fully stocked, is absolutely wonderful and the variety of dishes is excellent. Give it a try!

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome food, service left a little to be desired...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012 via mobile

Visited here with family. Great fast service early on on Thursday night. Food tasted great, shame the service wasn't as good as the food! Didn't manage to sample the beer, but would definitely come back for it!

Dallas, Texas
“GREAT food, iffy service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

This may have been some of the most interesting Indian style food that I have ever had. Their interpretations were fresh and creative - certainly not the typical lunch-style buffet that one may have come to expect. I had the Chicken Korma, and it was very good. There was a little bit of heat to the finish, which is unusual for Korma, but it was excellent. The micro-brewery there is turning out some interesting things as well. I could not resist their Milk-Chai Beer, and it was unlike anything I had ever had - in a good way. Now for the downside.... as other reviewers have pointed out, the service leaves a lot to be desired. The dining was quite crowded when we arrived, and quite literally empty by the time we finished our meal and left. It took quite a while for someone to acknowledge that we were there, and then another long wait to get a drink order, a long wait for our drinks, and another wait for someone to take our food order. The total experience ran about two hours - which seems kind of long for two people to have dinner. Even with the spotty service, the food makes it worth the trip. I was pleasantly surprised to find such amazing Indian food on the outskirts of Denver.

• Visited December 2012