“Above & Beyond Service” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 18 Hotels in Westminster
Redmond, Washington
“Above & Beyond Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

The measure of a great company is how they handle the exceptional events. The Doubletree hotel staff did a fantastic job handling my situation and went “above and beyond.” I was treated more as a family member than just a mere hotel guest.

On the week of June 3rd 2013, I was on a business trip to Westminster and was staying at the Doubletree Westminster. On Wednesday morning at the business meeting location 6 miles away, I fell and injured my left knee which required me to be transport to the local hospital for treatment. The entire Doubletree staff was very helpful and accommodating especially since I had very limited mobility. Angela of the Doubletree staff picked me up at the hospital, took me to a drive-thru pharmacy, took me to the hotel, helped me to my room, and got ice for the ice packs. Later, she went back to the pharmacy to retrieve my pain medicines. This is an excellent example of providing the highest possible assistance and support during my hour of need.

The Doubletree Westminster is my favorite hotel in the Westminster area because of the support they provide me in my hour of need.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Elyse L, Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Denver - Westminster, responded to this review, June 15, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of your most recent stay with us! It's always great to hear that our guests have experienced our great customer service. I will be sure to share your experience with the hotel staff and congratulate Angela on taking the extra step to make you feel comfortable after your injury. Thank you again and I hope to see you stay with us again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Huachuca City, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

This hotel is top quality, what anyone would expect from the brand Hilton. The staff is very professional especially the Manager Bryan and the Front Desk Specialist Jacqueline, they are amazing professionals and extremely friendly. The breakfast is great and the servers are very professional. The hotel is very clean and the room service is extraordinary. The laundry room would be my only complaint as it smells of mildew and the machines are old and do not work very well, hopefully they will upgrade the machines so the guests satisfactions are fulfilled.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a great review of the hotel! We strive to provide excellent service to our guests and I'm glad to hear you experienced this during your stay. I will be sure to pass along your compliments to the hotel staff! I hope you chose to stay with us the next time you are in the area!
North Platte, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

Staff was great, hotel was in good condition. Having breakfast ready first thing in the morning was a huge bonus. We have stayed there the past two years for a soccer tournament with the team and they have always been great to us and the teams.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Elyse L, Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Denver - Westminster, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us! Your feedback is shared with all hotel staff. I'm glad to hear that you and your team enjoy staying with us and we hope to see you again next year!
minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for 3 nights. The hotel is older but seems well maintained and very clean. The restaurant provided a ver good breakfast buffet in their dining room (included with our room). There is a bar on site as well. I will stay at this hotel again when in the area.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Elyse L, Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Denver - Westminster, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of the hotel, your feedback will be shared with all hotel staff. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and wplan to stay with us again!
Pittsburgh, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

The front desk staff was perhaps the hotel's best asset The young gentleman who checked me in was welcoming, professional and thorough at check-in and at check-out remained professional and was also very accommodating.

The room was quite nice and comfortable. The climate control system worked well and was quiet. The beds were comfy with four pillows each. The room was quiet -- I didn't hear any outside noise despite the fact the my room was facing the highway, nor did I hear much noise from neighbors other than doors closing. A big bonus was that unlike many other hotels, the curtains really do darken the room. The room was in very good condition. The bathtub was a little old and some paint was pealing above the tiled bath area, likely partially the result of the fact that there's no exhaust fan in the bathroom. Housekeeping left me a little bonus one day -- in addition to neatly laying out some of my own toiletries on a towel on the counter-top as many housekeepers do, they added some sample size giveaways (razor, toothbrush, deodorant, etc.), I assume just in case I needed them -- an unusual, but nice touch. Shower gel was missing on the first night.

The hotel is located along a major highway that accesses Denver, and you it's right by an exit and can be accessed with just a few turns. Lots of typical suburban dining and shopping options are just minutes away. It's an easy commute to Denver, but if the downtown Denver area is your destination, there are closer options.

Considering it dates back to the early 1980s, the building is in very good shape, including the public areas. Three elevators provide brisk service with little wait time. I would have appreciated it if the bar was open upon my returns each night. Many folks in my group would have taken advantage of it.

Room Tip: It looked like there were first floor rooms -- those are the only ones I would avoid.
Green Features: I was pleased to see that there are in-room recycling bins.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Elyse L, Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Denver - Westminster, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time write a review of the hotel, your feedback is shared with the hotel staff. I'm very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! I will be sure to pass along your compliments to our Housekeeping Manager. I will also give your suggestion of keeping the bar open longer to my Resturant Manager. Thank you again and I hope you chose to stay with us again the next time you are in the area.
Colorado Springs, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

The hotel appears to be somewhat old when you drive by it. However, it is very well-kept, updated. The staff was extremely friendly. The breakfast was very good, and restaurant food was also very good. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Elyse L, Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Denver - Westminster, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to review your most recent stay with us! I'm glad to hear that our staff was friendly during your stay, that is something we strive for. I will be sure to pass along your compliments to our staff. We hope to see you again in the future!
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

We booked a large number of rooms for a family wedding in the area. I chose this hotel because of its location, and the fact that the staff was very easy to work with when making the arrangements for our group. The hotel is very nice, with clean, comfortable rooms and a restaurant and bar which was a great gathering place. The breakfast buffet was better than average. But what really sets this hotel apart is the staff. Everyone was very pleasant and helpful during our entire stay, including the waitstaff, front desk, and housekeeping. Unfortunately, my elderly mother became ill and we needed to get her to an emergency room and make arrangements to get her back to Texas. The hotel management and front desk staff were wonderful. They did everything they could to help us, and made a stressful situation much easier for me. I would recomment this hotel to anyone traveling in the area.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Elyse L, Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Denver - Westminster, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Thank you very much for writing a review of the hotel, your feedback is shared with the hotel staff. I am so glad our staff was able to help you and offer great service, that is something we strive for here! We enjoyed your having your group stay with us and I hope you stay with us again in the future!

Been to Doubletree by Hilton Denver - Westminster? Share your experiences!