“Not worth your money!” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 18 Hotels in Westminster
California
“Not worth your money!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012 via mobile

The room we got has the old stench of cigarette smoke and the bathroom is badly in need of renovation, with cracks in the walls and stains in the bathtub. The hotel is situated next to a busy freeway, so don't expect a quiet & peaceful night. Save your money and stay elsewhere!

• Stayed October 2012
Elyse L, Guest Relations Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Denver - Westminster, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Thank you for commenting on your recent stay. We take all of our guest comments very seriously. We apologize that your stay was anything but perfect. We are in the process of converting to a totally non-smoking property, as required by DoubleTree by Hilton. We invite you to reach out directly to our General Manager, Jay Dikeman at jay.dikeman@hilton and he will ensure you are satisfied.
Again, thank you for your review.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Hermitage, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

My husband, son, and I stayed here one night while visiting nearby Regis University. Hotel was very clean and well maintained. Beds were extremely comfortable! The made to order breakfast was a nice touch, as was the business center. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. I would recommend staying here!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Elyse L, Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Denver - Westminster, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Thank you for writing a review of the hotel; I'm glad to hear that your stay with us was comfortable and just what you were looking for! If you stay with us again while visiting Regis university, be sure to use our complimentary shuttle to goes back and forth to Regis. Hope to see you again in the future!
San Francisco
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

Check in was OK. My profile says, hi floor, away from elevator. And my room was next to the elevator, so at a 10 PM check in, I stayed with it. The micro wave and mini fridge were disgusting. There was some old wine bottle, in the filthy fridge. The in room coffe maker did not work. Room was stuffy, HVAC system is marginal, the cold air return vents were filthy.
Carpet was had stains, bathroom was clean apprearing. Coffee in the restaurant, waited for several minutes and was served cool coffee. Finally got a hot cup to go, I think they used the micro wave to heat it. For a hotel in the Hilton chain, certainly not worth the $$ charged for the room, and not up to their standards. Writing this in a Hilton Garden Inn, also in Denver and it is a huge improvement over this property. Will not stay here again, unless it has a complete renovation.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Elyse L, Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Denver - Westminster, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of the hotel! I will be sure to share your comments and experience with the hotel staff. We are currently in the process of replacing all of our refrigerators and microwaves. I apologize that your restaurant experience was not up to Hilton standards, I will be sure to address this with the Restaurant supervisors. I do hope that you give us another try!
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

Older hotel, very well maintained. Good location on US 36 midway between Denver and Boulder. Close to Broomfield Airport. Rooms clean, beds comfortable. Full hot breakfast, made to order omelets, a chef very willing to accommodate special dietary requests. Evening executive lounge presided over by a very gracious and efficient hostess, serving wine, beer and hot snacks. Staff from GM to servers to maintenance to front desk go out of their way to make guests feel welcome.

Room Tip: West facing rooms offer fine view of Front Range and pretty sunsets.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for writing such a great review of the hotel! Your feedback is very appreciated and will be shared with the hotel staff. I hope to see you here again in the future!
Sacramento, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

Overall quiet rooms and service was very good, good morning breakfest, great shuttle service took us where ever we needed to go. Easy check in for being my first time to Denver.

meeting rooms were plenty big enough for 200 plus people

Room Tip: The 5 th floor rooms are nice
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Elyse L, Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Denver - Westminster, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of the hotel, your feedback is appreciated! I'm glad to hear that your stay was comfortable and the service we provided was great. I will be sure to pass along your comments to the hotel staff. I hope to see you here in the future!
Malta, Montana, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

Yes it is an older property, but it was well maintained. Beds were comfortable, check in was super fast, and the staff very polite. As always, the cookie was delish!! The breakfast wasn't as good as I was hoping for a DoubleTree, but it wasn't horrible either. None of my kids would eat the pancakes, they were very dry and grainy. Given the quality of the food, and as a guest, I feel the breakfast should have been either free or a lot cheaper than $7.50 a plate. It reminded me of a cheap cruise line breakfast buffet.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Elyse L, Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Denver - Westminster, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
Thank you for writing a review of the hotel, your feedback is greatly appreciated! Our staff strives to provide excellent service to our guests; I'm glad to hear you were able to experience that during your stay. I'm sorry that our breakfast was not up to the DoubleTree standard that you are accustomed to. I had passed along your review to the hotel's Restaurant Supervisor and Executive Chef. Thank you again for the review and I hope to see you here in the future!
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

I stayed just one night at this hotel on a recent business trip to the Denver area. It is an older property that has been nicely refurbished. My room was tastefully decorated and very clean. The bed linens and the king size bed were extremely comfortable. Despite close proximity to the highway, which my room overlooked, I couldn't hear a thing. The buffet breakfast in the on-site restaurant was just OK. Breakfast was included in my room rate, but if it had not, I would have been disappointed. There was an omelet station, but it was unstaffed when I arrived for breakfast at 6:30am. That would have made all the difference. Overall, I would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Elyse L, Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Denver - Westminster, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a nice review of the hotel, your compliments will be passed along to the hotel staff. I'm glad to hear that your stay was comfortable and enjoyable. I apologize that your breakfast experience was not up to your standards, I will be sure to pass along your comments to the Food and Beverage staff. Thank you again and I hope to see you again in the future!

Been to Doubletree by Hilton Denver - Westminster? Share your experiences!