“Nothing special, comfy bed” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Cottonwood Suites Westminster

Save Saved
You added Cottonwood Suites Westminster to your Saves list
Cottonwood Suites Westminster
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   12095 Mariposa Street, Westminster, CO 80234 (Formerly Savannah Suites Denver N)   |
Ranked #16 of 18 Hotels in Westminster
“Nothing special, comfy bed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

There is nothing special about this hotel. I found it through an Expedia deal and it was close to the business I was interviewing with. The entrance and lobby area is small, and there is nothing but a coffee maker (no breakfast or anything special). The staff seemed disconnected and non interested, and it seemed like planning their smoke breaks was more important than helping me. The rooms are average, but the walls are thin (I could hear my neighbor's cell phone ring tone). The cleaning staff is very friendly and was willing to help me with some fresh towels when I needed them. I don't think that I would stay here for more than the 3 nights that I did, but it was ok for the price I paid.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

Recently (Jan-March) I had to stay in a hotel for two months while I was waiting to close on a house I was buying. Here is some information to help you get the best from this hotel.

First, I agree with cindymgreenville below, who says: "Staff was very friendly and helpful." I found this to be true. Aaron, the general manager, was always helpful, as were Sara and K.C.

Now for the review...

1. The first week I stayed at Cottonwood I had a room on the first floor. The rooms on either side of me were occupied, as was the room above me. Due to the construction of the walls, there is not much sound suppression. This was a problem for me, and the person upstairs was up late, and I could hear them walking above me. So I requested a room on the 4th floor.

2. The staff found a room for me on the top (4th) floor. There was nobody on either side of me for the entire stay (2 months). Also, the rooms on the 4th floor on the north side seem to be larger than the rooms on the south side of the building. On the 4th floor smoking is allowed, but I didn't notice any smell of smoke in the room I was in. Because it was so quiet in the room, it worked out great for me.

Therefore, I suggest that if you decide to stay at Cottonwood that you make specific requests to staff and request a room on the 4th floor, or if not there, then ask for a room with no neighbors above or on either side. This is not as difficult as it sounds, because the hotel is not always crowded, which is a good thing for a customer IMHO.

The hotel is located across the street from some good restaurants.

The room came with a microwave and a refrigerator. Everything was very clean when I stayed there. Recently the rooms have been repainted.

Also, I liked the location of the hotel. It is located behind an office building where I used to work. The parking lot was always quiet. I felt very safe at all times.

The housekeeper was always on hand so I could get fresh towels and sheets. The housekeeping isn't done every day (perhaps once a week) which is my preference.

Room Tip: Talk to Sara or K.C. and tell them you want a room without neighbors if one is available. Also, try...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Henderson Co
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

To start with the frist them gave me with dirty and had black marks all over the wall and a stan on the floor then they gave me a second room and it was dirty too blaclmarks on the wall and it looked like it had not been vacuumed in a long time this hotel does not clean and vacuum the rooms very well I'm giving this hotel a one star rating does service was good but the rooms really sucked in this hotel need to hire some people actually clean the rooms I feel that I should get my money back for the way that the room was

Room Tip: this hotel should actually hire people who can actually clean a room thoroughly and not clean and al...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Ken L, Manager at Cottonwood Suites Westminster, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to share your experience. We are sorry that your experience was less than expected. We receive many positive reviews about our location and most importantly our warm and friendly staff. We are under new management in just the last couple of months and your feedback is extremely important to us. In fact I have shared it with our staff so that we can provide the best customer service possible. In the meantime should you wish to speak with a member of management please feel free to contact us directly so that we can resolve the issue you had during your stay. Again thank you for choosing Cottonwood Suites.
Greenville, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

We went in December and had a great experience. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Any request we made we got an immediate response. Our rooms were cleaned daily and they even offered a pack & play for our new grandson. We had a great experience. The location was great for shopping or ease to get on the highway. Cindy M

• Stayed December 2013
Westminster, Colorado, Usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

Our visit to Cottonwood Suites has been a really great experience. The staff are very personable and so very helpful, they go out of their way for their guests. It is like being at home but better. The rooms are a good size and very clean, the kitchen area comes in real handy and is just the right size. Good location, near plenty of restaurants.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Denver, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

I've stayed in a lot of hotels but this was one of the worst I've found. After circling the building twice, I realized the small entrance on the east side was the actual lobby. I walked in and heard guests with their doors propped open yelling to each other across the halls. I asked the desk clerk how noisy this would be, she assured me it was quiet. With hesitation, I checked in and found my room. I opened the door to sheer disgust. There was food and "drink" all over the entrance wall by the small kitchen. Literally chunks of food on the wall!! The bathroom had drywall falling into the shower. The pillows on the beds were like flattened sacks of flour. I dared not turn on the wall heater (November in Denver) due to the chunks of funk all visibly inside the vent. The only wall mount light by the bed did not work. It was just gross - I didn't want to touch anything much less sleep there. The guests were yelling and banging on walls all night. I tried to complain but the lady working the front desk was busy on the phone yelling at her family about their dinner plans. Unbelievable - spend the extra few bucks and find somewhere else - seriously.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

My friends and I were on a road trip and decided to stop in the Denver area for 2 nights before heading to Vegas. Every other motel/hotel or cheap accommodation was taken in or around the Denver area except for Cottonwood Suites (on Expedia known as Savannah Suites, where we booked). Front desk lady was helpful, that's about it. Our room reeked of Cigarettes even though on Expedia I booked a non-smoking room. The Price wasn't bad and the the hotel is located about 20 minutes from both Boulder and Denver which was convenient. We stayed here for 2 nights and probably wouldn't stay here again. The area is good so you don't have to worry about your car being broken into or vandalized.
A word of advice, they do allow animals in this hotel so I would be weary of that. If you have allergies or are sensitive to cigarette smoke, then I wouldn't recommend it here. We're in our early 20's so anything cheap is a plus for us, but we would honestly not mind paying a few extra bucks to stay somewhere else.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Cottonwood Suites Westminster? Share your experiences!