“Good food!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Wichita, Kansas
“Good food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

I liked the food in this restaurant very much! we both order hamburguers, they were awesome! this is a more casual type of place, peanut shells on the floor, kind off thing.

the service was very good. again if you are visiting Westcliff, you are probably on vacation, so expect some delays on getting your food. this seems to be a reocurring theme here. but what's the rush, right? you better come in expecting to waith 30-45 min. we found out that this is the normal in Westcliffe. even the subway, took about 25 min. to serve us.

it would seem that they prepare your food one order at a time, they don't have more than the order they are working on, on the grill. that's a good thing, you get excellent food, but it is bad if you are starving.

Good jomb Chappy's!

Visited July 2012

74% Recommend
Fort Worth, Texas
“Average.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012 via mobile

We came at 12 as the first table, we're told grill wasn't hot and it would take 30+ minutes for a burger. :/. Burgers were charred on the side, and small for the price. Skimpy cheese too. Great fries, and thd loaded nachos were good. Service was friendly, very laid back. It's too bad they cover the windows with random signs, you can't people watch outdoors.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“cooked just right”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

We've been to Chappy's several times, mostly for steaks and burgers. Our meals have been cooked just right. Coleslaw and potato salad are terrific! A friend says the portobello "burger" is good, too. A nice, relaxed place for a casual meal.

• Visited June 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Westcliffe, Colorado
“Best Bleu Cheese Burger EVER!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

We live in the area and the other night had dinner at Chappy's which specializes in burgers but they have a few other offerings as well. I had the "Build Your Own Burger" which allows you to pick 3 toppings from a list on the menu. You can choose various cheeses, veggies, meat, etc.
I saw the Bleu Cheese offered and decided to have a burger with that as well as sauteed onions, and crisp bacon. I had bleu cheese crumbles (generous portion) as well as a side of bleu cheese dressing. The side I chose was fries but there are other options. I absolutely loved this delicious burger. They do most of everything from scratch as we watched some of the prep near their huge firepit grill that not only adds wonderful flavor, but great ambience. I'm 60 yrs old, have eaten my share of bleu cheese burgers, and this was the best, by far, of any I've ever had. Fabulous!!!!! Hope you can try this place some time. Service was quick and attentive. It was a super experience. We'll be regulars!!! Signed .. a happy camper.

• Visited June 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“The Rock”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

Stopped in Chappy's to get a bite to eat, I decided on a Brat and beans..... Bad idea, the Brat was burnt and very dry as I was eating my beans I bit into something hard pulled it out of my mouth, it was a little rock! I showed the cook and asked if he was going to throw the rest of the batch away his response was " probably".... Really???!!!! They also have a open kitchen so you can see everything while sitting at the bar , we watched the cook touch a raw burger then Proceed to tear lettuce for salads with his hands " no gloves"!!! Won't go back and don't reccomend!!!

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere