“Fall in Vail” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 35 Hotels in Vail
Vail, Colorado
“Fall in Vail”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

My family stayed at Manor Vail last weekend for a wedding. The views of the fall colors from the room balcony were amazing, the rooms were fantastic, the staff was wonderful. We will stay here a gain!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Nicole W, Director of Sales at Manor Vail Lodge, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Thank you for your review! We agree with you that Vail’s fall colors are truly amazing and Manor Vail’s location is perfect for taking in “Golden Peak” from your balcony. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Nicole Whitaker
Director of Sales & Marketing

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Mesa, AZ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

This hotel is a great value in Vail, it is just a 5 minute walk from downtown, but is far enough away to feel secluded. The furniture is a bit dated, but there are nice flatscreen tv's in both the living room and bedroom, the kitchen & bathrooms were really nice. It is right next to the Betty Ford garden, the Ford Amphitheatre and the Vail Hiking trails.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Nicole W, General Manager at Manor Vail Lodge, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Thank your feedback from your recent stay. We are happy to hear you enjoyed our location, we like it too. In terms of in room accommodations each unit is individually owned and decorated, we will be sure to pass on your thoughts to the owner.
Robert McCleary
kANSAS CITY, MISSOURI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

I stayed at Manor Vail after staying at the same place in Vail for over 16 years. I was a little nervous but everyone made me feel welcome from Irish the reservations manager, who answered all my questions, and even discussed the hot summer we've all had, to the servers in the breaskfast buffet sharing jokes back and forth about skiers and snowboarders. Every where I went on property, someone smiled and asked if I needed help. Since I was a solo and took Colorado Mountain Express (Manor Vail booked and I received a better price than on-line and it was offered to me, I didn't have to ask), I was given a ride to the grocery store. The front desk staff was exceptional and all were friendly. My condo was exceptional. It was perfect for me or a couple or a couple with a guest (pull out bed in living room). TV's in both bedroom and living room. King bed extremely comfortable, loved all the pillows, double sink in bathroom, updated granite counters and the same in the galley kitchen, fully equipped to cook, with all stainless appliances and VERY comfortable leather chair and ottoman and couch. BUT the choice made to stay here for me this visit was the discount I was offered and the proximity to Betty Ford Park for short walks for the rehabilitation of my knee. I was still able to walk from Golden Peak along the path through town down to Donovan Park with stops to sit on benches along the way but the beauty of Betty Ford Park and the dirt trail along the creek was enjoyable daily and easier for the short nature walks I needed and a shorter walk without the bus (even though very accessible right outside in front of Golden Peak) to town. I would stay here with my family because of added amenities they offer, i.e. breakfast, which I noticed families with small children really enjoying even more than me and the fact I was able to get a massage at their spa on site for my aches and pains from two knee surgeries in the last year and a half. Best of all I had a new view! I love looking at the slopes but to look at the mountain range unobstructed to the east and north of Vail was a delight. The most beautiful view I've had waking up in Vail! I would stay here again in a heart beat and especially when my granddaughter turns three it is right across the street from the ski school! Manor Vail proved to me you can leave what I called my "home away from home in Vail" and still find a "place called home." FYI since low season, didn't try Gore Restaurant but would have it was "season." I loved The Fitz and it's friendly staff, especially Aaron (sp?), who didn't mind waiting on the only person seated on a Monday night. They also had live music which I enjoyed from my condo which was close to the condo. I LOVED it here and now I have two places to call home in Vail!

Room Tip: It was unseasonably warm and I had an East facing condo facing the park and creek so the mornings an...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Broomfield
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

Wow! What an excellent job Lori/Front Desk Manager did of hooking me & my husband up! We had never been to Vail before, and she made us not want to go home. After a couple of conversations with me (she was very generous with her time), she got the perfect room for us. Eric & Blake/front desk were fabulous as well. Perfect location....just far enough way so it wasn't too loud, but not too remote. The view of the creek was amazing! Thank you! We will only stay here when we visit Vail.

Room Tip: Beautiful, beautiful view creekside.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the kind feedback on our location and staff. We have shared your comments with Lori and her team at the front desk and look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Robert McCleary
North Arlington NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

I took my 15 year old nephew to Vail this past week. I wanted to book a one bedroom condo allowing each of us some privacy. The configuration of the condo is ideal for this purpose. Our unit was nicely decorated and included a murphy bed in the living room. My nephew thought it was the coolest thing. Certainly beats a pull out sofa!

The location is excellent, being either a 5 - 10 minute walk to Vail Village or a one minute walk to the Shuttle stop at Golden Peak.

Staff were helpful and pleasant. They offered my nephew a free bicycle to use for a few hours and that made him happy. Free wi-fi made both of us happy.

The only complaint I can make is that the breakfast buffet was terrible. Certainly not worth the money. Did not try the on site restaurant, Lord Gore, so can't comment on that. Would I return? Certainly.

Room Tip: Some condos have an accordion door to separate living area from sleeping area. This might be better...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Chandler, Arizona, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

Although I can see with individually owned condos, it would be possible to not have such a beautiful experience as we did. Our one bedroom condo was very nicely decorated. The full kitchen was not missing a thing. The living area with leather couch and comfy chairs. The bed was very comfortable and pillows galore! Our view was incredible and the grounds were equally breathtaking. The service was that of a high class hotel. Both the lounge and onsite restaurant had great food. The shopping village was within walking distance. And it would be a great place for kids, it's near a nice park, but far enough away as not to bother a couple, like us, celebrating an anniversary.

Room Tip: Room 174 was fresh and nicely decorated. Nice view with close proximity to pool, hot tubs.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Lubbock, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

We were impressed the moment we walked through the door. This condo was so much more than we originally expected and was a perfect romantic setting for our honeymoon. The view from our patio was breathtaking and an added bonus was being able to hear live Jazz music from the Vail Amphitheater right on our balcony. Some excellent amenities included ample storage space, modern decor, full kitchen, fire place, flat screen TV's, and a beautiful heated pool area. This condo would be perfect for any season and would sleep 4+ comfortably. The staff was very helpful and accommodating and the room service was delicious. Very accessible to Vail shopping and dining.

Room Tip: We enjoyed the peaceful, private atmosphere of the third floor. The decor and relaxing atmosphere of...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Nicole W, Public Relations Manager at Manor Vail Lodge, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
Thank you for your review of Manor Vail Lodge, it was our pleasure assisting you with such a special time in your life as a honeymoon. We enjoy seeing the photos you have posted and experiencing our Lodge through your eyes. Best Wishes for your future and we hope to see you again soon!

Sincerely
Nicole Whitaker ~ Director of Sales & Marketing

Been to Manor Vail Lodge? Share your experiences!