“Wonderful experience” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 35 Specialty Lodging in Vail
key biscayne, florida
“Wonderful experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2009

Great location. Excellent service. Wonderful people.
One of the best vacations we have had as a family !!!

Stayed December 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2009

I should have written this review sooner, I know. My now husband and I have stayed at the Vail Racquet Club twice. The second time, we were married and 70 of our guests and us stayed at the Racquet club. It went off perfectly. Our guests all had delightful accommodations that fit families as well as couples. It was also affordable as all of our guests, including my husband and I, flew in from the East Coast for the event. Several friends staying together in a townhome did not like the decoration, and they were switched to a different one with no problems. ALSO -- we had our reception at the Bighorn Bistro (including a cocktail party the night before and a breakfast in the morning for all guests). It was awesome. They crew was so accommodating and Art and his people cooked up some fabulous food. They made sure everything went well and we did not stress out.

On top of all that, the location is in East Vail, which is not walking distance. But there is an on-time shuttle bus (free!) that gets you to the slopes with no problem. I highly recommend the Racquet Club and thank everyone involved in making our wedding the best.

• Stayed January 2008, traveled with family
London, England
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2009

This was my second stay at the Racquet Club. The condo was spot on and the free bus service to the slopes is frequent. However, I was disappointed by the response of the staff after I reported to the front desk that $200 had been stolen from my room. There was no safe in the condo soI left my cash in the bedside drawer. Two days into the vacation I noticed I was $200 short. The response from the staff was: fill in a form and we will ask the head of house keeping. On returning to the UK I received a complimentary one night stay at the Racquet Club, I'd rather of had $200 knocked off the bill! This incident put a downer on my 2 week trip to Vail and I won't be staying at the Racquet Club in the future.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with friends
CWight, Manager at Vail Racquet Club Mountain Resort, responded to this review, September 10, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to post your review of the Vail Racquet Club. We're so sorry you suffered a loss of cash during your stay with us and that our offer of a free night stay did not suffice. As an added value to all our guests, we have installed safes in our rental units. We encourage all of our guests to utilize these safes for cash and other valuables. We hope this incident will not prevent you from returning to the Vail Valley in the future.

Christine Wight,
Operations Manager
Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2009

This was our third stay at the Racquet Club. Once was for a suberb wedding in the summer. Each time we have visited we have had a cozy condo with all the amenities. We especially like the fire place with wood provided. There is a stream that runs through the property, a heated pool, tennis courts and a staff that seems happy to see you. The bus stop to skiing is across the street. One of the best kept secrets of the Racquet Club is the Big Horn Bistro that serves excellent meals in a very pleasantg setting. We will be back for the 4th of July concert at the Ford Pavilion.
Richard and Char

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Melbourne
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2009

We stayed at the racquet club in feb this year for a week during the ski season.
We (four of us) rented an apartment and found the accommodation to be really comfortable and cosy. Not huge but certainly enough space for all of us to vege out in the evening after long says on the slopes.
The club itself is fantastic and staying there gives you access to all club amenities, the gym and health classes (yoga was wonderful for aching ski legs!).
The resort is about 20 minutes from the main town of Vail but a regular shuttle bus makes it pretty easy to get there and back at all times of the day.
The apartment we stayed in had all of the bells and whistles, good heating, only thing we missed was somewhere to store our ski gear, but it seemed pretty safe on the verandah.
I think the resort would be lovely in summer as well.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with family
Fort Wayne, IN
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2009

We spent 2 nights at the Vail Raquet Club. Our unit was very nice, although not as close to the pool, hot tub and bus stop as we would have liked. My biggest complaint was the nonchalance of the managerial staff to the stealing of my pricey sunglasses--apparently by the housekeeping staff. I left my sunglasses on the coffee table, locked the door and left for a day of skiing. Upon our return, the place had been cleaned and my sunglasses were gone. This was not a case of me misplacing them--my memory is very clear about taking them off and placing them on the table. The front desk said they would "talk to the housekeeping staff". All further follow-up has been ignored. I am very disappointed and would caution anyone staying there to be cautious of valuables--there is no in-room safe.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
Santa Monica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2009

Vail, Colorado is definitely a dream for every skier, this popular resort consistently hits the top of folks' lists for best ski area while at the same time taking hits for being too pricey and over hyped. The Vail Racquet Club is the perfect answer and already an insider tip for every Vail visitor. Vail Racquet Club is only a fifteen-minute drive from the center of Vail. Easy to travel to and from using the free town shuttle bus that runs approx every twelve minutes. What you find is a little sanctuary away from the the huzzle and buzzle. After a day of vigorous skiing I couldn’t wait getting back to my lovely and cozy condo. The Vail Racquet Club is more than a club, more than a hotel; it’s a little sanctuary. The lovely staff makes you feel right at home. The Club facilities are amongst the best in all Vail. There is a huge outdoor heated pool, indoor and outdoor hot tubs, gym, onsite restaurant and bar. The Bistro Restaurant is a local favorite. …A wonderful place to stay, maybe they should change to name to Vail Sanctuary, whatever it is, I will be back!

• Stayed February 2009, traveled solo

Been to Vail Racquet Club Mountain Resort? Share your experiences!