I have stayed in several different properties in Vail and other nearby resorts. The Sonnenalp is without question my favorite. Forget the Marriott, Four Seasons and Ritz -- this is where you want to stay.
- Classic European styling down to every detail. Close your eyes and open them in the hotel. You would think you were in the Alps
- Phenomenal spa and pool area. Serene. Great indoor pool with entry to a great outdoor pool area
- Service -- here it's about what do you want / need. I asked the front desk a question about our stay -- instead of answering "this is what we can do", they answered "what would you like".
- Great location in the heart of vail
- Great rooms and furnishings. Turn down service was impeccable
- Great restaurants
- Only one I can think of was that the bar was understaffed on Saturday night. A wedding had just let out and they did not have enough servers