My wife, my teenage son and daughter, and I just returned from a 5-day stay at the stellar Sonnenalp in Vail. From our experience booking our stay with the hotel's reservationist, Debbie, to our bellman's, Jamie's, greeting and service, to the warm greeting given us by Raphael at the front desk as we checked in, we felt welcomed as old friends despite this being our family's first stay. Our rooms were spacious beautifully furnished and well looked after by the accommodating house staff - including providing us with a carafe of water and cookies each evening.
Our kids liked the well equipped fitness room while my wife and I enjoyed both the outdoor and indoor hot tubs. The breakfast buffet each morning was a treat, especially all of the fresh fruit and egg dishes. We all love skiing and Vail is the best resort around. The hotel's ski concierge staff couldn't have been more helpful in keeping track of all of our equipment and storing it right next to Gondola 1.
As we were driving away on our last day, we all agreed that the Sonnenalp was the best ski resort hotel we had ever stayed at. We look forward to returning.
- Also Known As:
- Sonnenalp Resort Of Vail Hotel
- Sonnenalp Resort Of Vail Hotel Vail
- Sonnenalp Hotel Vail
- Sonnenalp Resort Vail
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sonnenalp is a unique hotel in Vail, Colorado renowned for personal service and genuine, family-run hospitality. Enjoy world-class amenities and conveniences in the heart of Vail Village. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Booking.com, LHW, Tablet Hotels, Travelocity, Priceline, Tingo, Otel and Jetsetter so you can book your Sonnenalp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.