WOW - what can I say. The Sonnenalp has exceeded all my expectations & please trust me you will not get this level of service & detail anywhere else here in Vail.
As a Mandarin Oriental, Four Seasons, Savoy or Plaza Athenne Paris girl I am used to 5 star hotels in every country I travel. I was slightly nervous about booking 8 nights here by giving up the Ritz here. After passing the Sebastion on the way to Sonnenalp I was pleased we did not chose there either, as it's tucked away with no space or views.
We are currenty in a Vail Mountain Suite on 2 levels. It's very spacious, lovely soft carpets, soft cozy beds and pillows and a large balcony with views directly to the slopes & over looking the creek & hot tub/pool area. The space that this property has is quite spectacular.
The detail here has not been missed which is what I judge my stays on. These guys know service and level of luxury and do it well. This is evident in the breakfast which is an enormous buffet of loads of fresh fruit, cereals, eggs done many ways, fresh juices and great coffee.
We ate at Ludwigs tonight and the food was excellent. This would be their fine dining restaurant and they did not disappoint, especially with 80+ pages of wine choices!!
They have private SUV's which can drop you at the edge of the ski hire area and ski school below the slopes & lifts. Rather than bus or walk I would suggest just asking concierge when ready to leave & a driver will take you there and pick you up when finished.
Overall I do not believe even the big names hotels will be hear the size of your room or level of detail, so if you are looking for first class & top notch accommodation you will not be disappointed with the Sonnenalp.
Our family has decided that the Sonnenalp will be the start of new family tradition to come to Vail each year from Australia and bring our family. Only 7 more nights left and it will be hard to leave!
- Also Known As:
- Sonnenalp Resort Of Vail Hotel Vail
- Sonnenalp Resort Of Vail Hotel
- Sonnenalp Hotel Vail
- Sonnenalp Resort Vail
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sonnenalp is a unique hotel in Vail, Colorado renowned for personal service and genuine, family-run hospitality. Enjoy world-class amenities and conveniences in the heart of Vail Village. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, LHW, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Venere, Otel, Fareportal and Jetsetter so you can book your Sonnenalp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.