I’ve never been to Vail before so as a virgin visitor I was completely blow away with the beauty of the area, the warm and inviting layout of the Arrabelle and Vail square, as well as its immediate proximity (just a few steps) to the base of Vail Resort; one of the world’s most famous winter destination’s—with good reason.
I visited the Arrabelle on business and was completely taken in upon arrival with the warm greetings and help from the staff and the cracking fire in the Grand Entry Fireplace. The immediate help of the 24 hour butler (yes, I said butler! Perhaps ‘Personal Concierge’ is more PC…) was a pleasant surprise and very useful in getting situated quickly and finding somewhere to eat close by. Bringing afternoon tea was also quite nice.
The style of the hotel I think is Spanish with Moorish influences which make it somehow perfectly suited for the surrounding environment, including the lovely, adjacent Vail square. Vail Square is America’s answer to the traditional Swiss ski village, of course done on a more modern and grander scale, and is completely charming. The room was well appointed, comfortable and warm with an inviting gas fireplace which you control by timer as well as a large bathroom with double sinks, soaking tub, adjacent shower and heated, beautiful marble tile floor. Very nice. It overlooked Vail Square but was very quiet—so the best of both worlds. Visiting for business is a little challenging if you sit in meetings and pine away to be out with all the other happy folks enjoying the winter wonderland but that only inspires a return trip of a personal nature!
I very highly recommend this hotel if you love the mountains but want to retire and wake each day in complete, pampered luxury.
- Also Known As:
- Arrabelle At Vail Square, a Rock Hotel Vail
- Arrabelle At Vail Square, a Rock Hotel
- Arrabelle Vail Square
- Arrabelle Hotel Vail
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled within The Arrabelle at Vail Square and only steps away from the Eagle Bahn gondola, The Tavern on the Square is Vail’s most happening spot for delicious food and drink, before and after you hit the mountain. Known for its convenient slope-side location and popular apres-ski scene, The Tavern is now bigger and better than ever. The newly expanded restaurant offers both indoor and outdoor patio seating, has great views of the skiers coming off the hill. Setting the stage for a memorable dining experience with its warm atmosphere and stunning mountain views, The Tavern is a mountain American grill inspired by the freshest farm to table ingredients. Casual by day and refined at night, The Tavern is always fun, approachable and frequented by locals and visitors alike. Enjoy signature dishes, such as Buffalo Meatloaf, Grilled Elk Lettuce Wraps, Baja Fish Tacos and Executive Chef Douglas Dodd's Lobster Mac & Cheese. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Amex, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Hotels.com, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your Arrabelle at Vail Square, A RockResort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.