“Great stop” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Benton, Arkansas
“Great stop”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2011

We stopped in once for a beer and enjoyed a great cheese plate appetizer, another time for a late desert and glass of wine. Both were great, we'll go back.

• 5 of 5 stars Food

St. Augustine Florida
“Disappointing”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2011

We had dinner at the Alpinrose on our first visit to Vail in 3 years
We had dined at the Alpinrose on every previous visit over the past 10 years.
This time how things have changed.
Dry tasteless salad. Goulash with tough meat and no gravy and dry.
A poor wine selection with virtually no German wine and way over priced for the poor wine selection.
We had always enjoyed a good German dinner but this will be our last visit to the Alpinrose.

• Visited July 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Des Moines, Iowa
“Meh..”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2011

This place was ok. The location was nice - right in Vail Village. We had outdoor seating. Service was good. Food was average, and overpriced. This is not unusual to Vail, from our experience. You expect food to be overpriced at a vacation location. However, you expect it to be good in Vail. For instance, you pay high prices in Las Vegas and New Orleans, but the food is great. This is more like Disney World - food is expensive, but not very good.

• Visited July 2011
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Bucharest, Romania
“real dump with bad food”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2011

I like german food and I really thought that's what I'm going to eat there. The place is not pleasant for sitting ,everything is old and worn ,the feeling is that the place is dirty and not properly cleaned. Having diner I had the possibility to see how are they preparing drinks and it was disgusting,no hygiene.
I ordered the hungarian goulash with spazle and got a soup with plenty of onions and only signs of meat and spazli. They even gave me a spoon in order to eat the dish. Hello!I didn't order a soup....! My husband ordered a wiener snitzel which was also bad ,I think they just defrost their food.
There is no atmosphere in this place I mean do not expect to have a nice time,it is only to eat and go.

• Visited May 2011
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Other
“Not on par with Vail standards”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2011 via mobile

We ate here over Valentine's Day, was a lunch meal. I ordered Caesar salad that reminded me of bagged Romaine from the store. Cut in small squares and been in the fridge a week. Edges were brown and leaf was not crunchy. My wife's French onion soup was the worst she'd ever had. Light in color and taste, needed to be much richer, was more of a "diet" version.

The ambiance was cool though and we loved the Everest history. Worst meal we had in Vail unfortunately.

• 2 of 5 stars Food