“Perfect Summer Stay in Vail!” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Breakfast for Two
Ranked #2 of 35 Hotels in Vail
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Perfect Summer Stay in Vail!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

My sister, two kids and I stayed at The Sebastian in June. I got a great rate through my membership with iPrefer, which included a hotel credit. The hotel was lovely. It is upscale and modern feel while maintaining a warm and inviting feel. Our room was comfortable and had plenty of space to spread out. We did actually look at moving up to a room with a balcony, but it cut the room size down significantly, so just stayed where we were. The location is great in Vail Village. Also, the free bus between Villages is so user friendly and convenient. My kids swam at the pool almost every afternoon while my sister and I enjoyed mojitos in the lounge chairs. There was some construction behind the pool which wasn't the most pleasant, but certainly not the fault of the Sebastian. My sister and I both enjoyed the spa while there. My service was great! We also took advantage of the room service. The trail mix and snack mix which was delivered daily, as well as the cookies at turn down service were a huge hit with my kids. Additionally, housekeeping always kept us well stocked with water. We ate breakfast at the hotel cafe several times which was always yummy. The valet guys were awesome. Anytime we left, they ensured we had fresh bottles of water and that we knew where we were going. The only negative was that we were misguided by concierge once. They told us that a specific hike should take '45 minutes - MAX an hour with kids'. After ascending for an hour and a half and STILL not being close to reaching the top, we turned around and headed back down. While my kids are younger (4 and 7), we were going at a pretty good pace and saw other hikers who laughed at us being told it only took that long. Again, not the worst thing that happened and actually turned out to be an adventure as we got caught in a rain storm half way back down, but would have liked to have known what we were getting into from the beginning. :-) A few stand outs - the guy who plans special events (I think this is his role) was super friendly. Enjoyed his warm, upbeat personality. I celebrated my birthday during our stay and was surprised with a bottle of champagne in our room. The cafe opened after hours one late afternoon so I could purchase cupcakes (delicious!) that I had been promising to my kids. Overall, a relaxing, fun vacation. I'd definitely stay here again when returning to Vail whether with family or just my husband for a couple get away.

Room Tip: Note that rooms with a balcony may cut down on room square footage. You may get a balcony, but los...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

We have been lucky enough to come to this hotel many times for various occasions: birthdays, 40 wedding anniversary, friend trips, family trips. The entire staff is so friendly, professional, helpful. They will try to accommodate your every wish. This is an A+ establishment. We really look forward to planning our future trips to The Sebastian.
Maureen

Room Tip: They are all good rooms.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
alynch84, Public Relations Manager at The Sebastian - Vail, responded to this review, September 15, 2013
Thank you for all your wonderful words on The Sebastian. We are working on getting great repeat customers, just like you.

Having opened in January of 2011 we are very young for a Vail hotel. We are so glad that you enjoy your time here at The Sebastian and have come to see us for various events and your personal stays, our staff works hard to ensure that each and every guest is recognized as an individual and that each time is special. Your reviews are a testament to their efforts. Thank you and we hope to see you soon.
Delray Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

From the moment we arrived at the hotel our experience was perfect. Kiki at the front desk greeted us and upgraded our room immediately. The room was lovely. The amenities are awesome. Great products in the room. The fact that there is no charge for water, snacks and soda was an added bonus. The rooms were very clean and if you needed anything, all you had to do is ask. The concierge was very helpful and always available. The pool area was nice except there was some construction going on so the hotel manager arranged for us to to go over to another great hotel to use their facilities while there was noise. The spa was perfect and the staff that work there could not of been lovlier. The location was perfect as well. Right in the heart of Vail so you could walk everywhre. As you can see, I have nothing bad to say. My husband and I will be back!!!!!
Thank you all for making our vacation a great one!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Morristown, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

Stayed at the Sebastian as part of a Groupon deal. Because it was the off season we were able to get a room at a cheap price along with mountain bike rentals. Room was clean and stock with amenities like bathrobes, humidifier, etc. Very courteous staff. We will be back when there is snow on the mountain!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
alynch84, Director of Sales at The Sebastian - Vail, responded to this review, September 15, 2013
Thank you for trying us out and we are very glad you enjoyed your stay. Ski season is less than 66 days away. The earlier you book the more you save, call our sales agents today and ask about the great book by specials or our Ski Free Spa Free Package. Thank you again for giving The Sebastian-Vail a try and we look forward to seeing you in your ski gear!.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

This was our first stay in the Sebastian and we loved every minute in it. From the moment we checked in, the staff was attentive and kind. Once we settled into the room, my daughters and I decided to take a walk around the hotel. As we came down some hallway, a staff member appeared with a silver tray with three perfectly toasted marshmallows on it, and suggested that we dunk them in the chocolate sauce and cookie crumbs. Heaven! From there, we enjoyed the pool and hot tub and even just enjoyed hanging out in the lobby with the beautiful fireplace.
Each morning, my husband needed to get up early to finish up some work. He went down to the library on the main floor and got himself all set up with his computer and coffee (that the people at the main desk kindly supplied him with.) It was a perfect set-up for him.
The guest room itself was very comfortable and had everything we needed for our stay.
Most importantly, the management and staff could not have made us feel more welcome. The hotel management knew that we were in Vail for a friend's party and offered to drive us over to the event when the weather turned a bit nasty. We accepted the offer and arrived without a wrinkle. Another evening, we wanted to take bicycles into Lionshead, which the hotel supplied for us. I truly can't say enough about the hotel itself and the type of service you will encounter. And, by the way, we never did find any more toasted marshmallows but that dark chocolate caramel bark that was offered the next day was just as good!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your kind review of The Sebastian. Our staff works very hard an making each individual stay memorable. We think it is not just about who you travel with, it is also about who you meet along the way.

Our Chefs' prepare sweet treats daily for our turndown service as well as dessert samples that are passed around our lobby and common areas. We are so glad you enjoyed them. You got to sample, my personal favorite. What is not to like about a perfectly toasted marshmallow. I am with you.

Come back and see us soon.
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Sebastian over Labor Day weekend and absolutely loved it! The Customer Service was great, and the staff made us feel right at home. Seems like at every turn someone was offering us a bottle of water or a sweet treat. One of my favorite things about the property was the contemporary decor - nice change from the traditional "lodge" feel. The location was also great - walking distance to plenty of shops, restaurants, bars, and a movie theater. Overall it was great place and I would highly recommend it to others.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Lakewood, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

This is by far the best experience we've had staying in Vail. From the moment we arrived the staff made us feel welcomed and cared for. They all went out of their way to make our every need their first priority. The accommodations more then matched the service. We stayed in a suite that had all the comforts of home and then some. The only downfall was we couldn't stay longer. We cannot wait to go back!! Awesome place.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The Sebastian - Vail? Share your experiences!