We stayed for 2 weeks at the beginning of February for a skiing trip. This was our first time in Vail and at the Sebastian, and it won't be our last. From when we checked in, the staff were the most charming and helpful of any hotel I've ever stayed in. Our room was spacious (we were upgraded at no extra charge) and the free drinks and snacks are a lovely touch. Some reviewers have complained of road noise at the front of the hotel - our room was at the front and the noise was negligible. We could hear the snow plough but we very quickly became accustomed to that and it didn't bother us at all.The bed was incredibly comfortable and there were plenty of pillows (always a bugbear of my fiance's!).The hot tub area is a great place to meet other residents and talk over the day's fun on the slopes. We met Lance, the delightful manager, at the drinks reception on the Friday evening (which we enjoyed far more than expected) and he recognised us whenever we bumped in to him subsequently, which made us feel valued. The spa is a wonderful place to relax and unwind (although the treatments are not inexpensive!) and the massages we received were uniformly excellent. Once we realised that the Mountain Games were going to make finding a table a little tricky over the weekend, we asked the concierge to book tables for us for the rest of our stay, which was done with no fuss and exactly to our requirements. The buffet breakfast is superb, especially the pastries which were as good as I've had outside France, and caters to many tastes. Possibly the best plus is the slopeside concierge - no walking to and from the hotel in boots carrying skis. It's all stored for you about 50m from the gondola, leaving you free to head straight for the bar for the abundant apres action Vail has to offer. We are getting married next year and intend to come back here for our honeymoon. I can't wait!
- Also Known As:
- The Sebastian - Vail Hotel
- The Sebastian - Vail Hotel Vail
- Vail Plaza Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Sebastian- Vail is Vail's hippest boutique hotel located in the heart of Vail Village. You'll find every imaginable comfort in the hotel rooms and suites. Accommodation options are wide ranging starting with our Sebastian Classic room with a single queen bed and going to full residential style suites of up to four bedrooms. All guests receive welcome amenities, nightly turn down service. Amenities on property are Bloom Spa, Frost Bar and our Alpine bistro-inspired restaurant, Leonora. A four season outdoor pool with hot tubs and a firepit complete the expierence. The Sebastian offers five star services that extend through every part of your stay. Concierge, room service, and slopeside ski valet at Base Camp. The Sebastian- Vail is the place you need to experience winter, summer, spring or fall. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Splendia, Tingo, Travelocity, Amex, Venere, Otel and Jetsetter so you can book your The Sebastian - Vail reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.