My Husband and I just got married and each year we travel from Australia for 6 weeks searching for powder in different countries. This year was our honeymoon so we decided to go to a 'luxurious hotel' in Vail.
I have read all the good and bad reviews here and can easily see each persons point however I will state the good and bad here.
Upon late check in at 11.30pm on the 12th Jan we asked the front desk if they had any suites available. The man just smirked at us did not even see if there was one available and said no. I think we look too young and not enough money behind us for this place. We were not given any instructions about where the lifts were or where breakfast would be we just got handed our room keys. The same evening we asked for directions where to eat and the young girl just handed us a business card which was useless in directions. We ended up asking a police officer on the street who helped us find the restaurant.
The next day the staff were completely helpful giving us directions (proper maps) and tips on whatever we asked for even the best restaurants to visit.
3 days in we decided to go to another ski resort for the day with our car. We arrived late that evening around 10pm. As we left the keys with the lovely bell boy we walked in carrying our snow boots and some bags. The front desk 'male' asked us what we were doing there and if we were meeting friends in a room in their hotel.
We were so disappointed, after all he did see us drive in with our car and 2 days prior he has seen us come in and out and now questioned us what we were doing here.
I simply stated that we were going to our room. I believe that we don't look like we fit into this hotel...maybe we look too poor for their Vail standards? Very disappointing and judgmental to the point where all the great things do not outweigh the bad.
I have to agree on the following things from other peoples reviews:
* Front lobby looks luxurious and the rooms are average
* Great service from the housekeeping staff
* Great in room amenities such as the bathroom gels, water and Nespresso coffee.
* The valet parking/bell boys are the best part of this service at this hotel
* Seems to be majority of the evening staff that have been terrible in service
We have one night left to stay at this place and we are looking forward to leaving in the morning. I think last nights incident has left a bitter taste...
If I was the owner of this hotel I would be reviewing staff and promoting the bell boys to front desk.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Sebastian- Vail is Vail's hippest boutique hotel located in the heart of Vail Village. You'll find every imaginable comfort in the hotel rooms and suites. Accommodation options are wide ranging starting with our Sebastian Classic room with a single queen bed and going to full residential style suites of up to four bedrooms. All guests receive welcome amenities, nightly turn down service. Amenities on property are Bloom Spa, Frost Bar and our Alpine bistro-inspired restaurant, Leonora. A four season outdoor pool with hot tubs and a firepit complete the expierence. The Sebastian offers five star services that extend through every part of your stay. Concierge, room service, and slopeside ski valet at Base Camp. The Sebastian- Vail is the place you need to experience winter, summer, spring or fall. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Splendia, Tingo, Travelocity, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Jetsetter and Venere so you can book your The Sebastian - Vail reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Sebastian - Vail Hotel Vail
- Vail Plaza Hotel