“One of our favorite restaurants in Vail” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
LA Tour Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 101 Restaurants in Vail
Cuisines: American, French
Good for: Romance, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Village Center Rd
Transit: If you are riding the Vail Bus, please get off at either the Solaris or Bridge Street stops. If your arriving by Eco Transit or hotel shuttles get off at the top level of the Vail Transportation Center and walk down the steps to your right. We are located directly across the street from the West end of the Vail Transportation Center.
New York City, New York
“One of our favorite restaurants in Vail”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

We were recently there for dinner and enjoyed it very much. All of the food we had was delicious - oysters, escargot, pork belly, Caesar salad, black cod, lamb and the creme brulee. There was nothing we didn't like. Be sure to look at each table to see the various sculpture centerpieces, all for sale.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Princeton, NJ
“Very good food, OK atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

The escargots and the foie gras were really wonderful, as were the oysters. Like most upscale restaurants in Vail, it's pricey. Ask for a table overlooking the creek

Visited February 2013
colorado
“You can't go wrong”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

One of the best in Vail. Very elegant with superb service and a nice selection of wines. They have sweetbreads on the menu, that are excellent!

Visited November 2012
Orlando
“Interesting anniversary dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013 via mobile

La Tour was recommended to us by some locals. After reading the Tripadvisor reviews we decided to dine there for our anniversary dinner. The food presentation was great as was the service. My wife had the tortellini and I had the sirloin. We both enjoyed our dinners and found the food to be a bit eccentric.

The desserts at this restaurant totally blew us away - wow! My wife thought the flaming creme brûlée was the best she's ever had. Likewise for me , the chocolate pot I ordered was rich beyond belief. After eating the four homemade truffles I don't think I'll need to eat any sugar for the next month!

Overall we enjoyed this place - great service, interesting food - a bit of surprise thrown in , all made for a special evening.

Vail, Colorado
“Unforgettable Dining Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

I honestly can’t imagine describing this restaurant as anything less than extraordinary.

The food is exquisite – each plate a beautiful, thoughtful, and delicious composition.

My boyfriend and I chose to indulge in an 8-course meal last night: Oysters in a Half Shell, Hibachi BBQ Oysters, Sautéed Sweetbreads, Waygu Beef Carpaccio, Hawaiian Kampachi Sashimi, Iberico Pork Il Secreto, Butternut Squash & Truffle Tortellini and a Handcrafted Cheese Plate. Each sequence brought forth a new and exciting dimension. The layering of taste, aroma, and artistic presentation was absolutely flawless. The flavor and texture combinations were smart and each ingredient was carefully and intentionally selected. I fell in love with every dish! I just knew I was eating the best of the best.

The quality of service was just as enjoyable as the food itself. The entire La Tour family – hosts, servers, bartenders, managers, and chefs were warm, personable and obliging. Each staff member maintained an effortless flow of service – even during their busiest hour. Somehow, they were able to accommodate a group of 24 without skipping a beat. Their capacity to remain poised and professional during a high-stress/chaotic situation did not go unnoticed. I was thoroughly impressed!

I can’t forget about the atmosphere. The ambiance was beautiful, yet unpretentious and the lighting and aesthetic features were lovely – a perfect balance of fun and flair.

I can’t say enough about this establishment. It’s worth every penny and I hope this review triggers some curious patrons to spend an unforgettable evening at Vail’s finest restaurant. It’s an amazing experience. I promise you won’t be disappointed.

Don’t forget to try the Silver Back Martini cocktail!

Thank you La Tour – we’ll be back!

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
LaTour_Restaurant, Manager at LA Tour Restaurant, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Kelly-
Thank you for you wonderfully descriptive review! We greatly appreciate your kind words and encouragement of others to come in to dine at La Tour! Our goal is to give customers not only an unforgettable meal, but also an unforgettable experience and we are thrilled that this was your experience at La Tour! We hope to see you back soon, thank you again!