“Can you say "Quality" and "Service"” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Montauk Seafood Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 109 Restaurants in Vail
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Doing business, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Entertaining clients, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Transit: We are a short walk from two local bus stops which are accessible via the Intown bus or the West Vail Green and Red buses. When coming from the west, get off on the Lionshead/Concert Hall Plaza stop. From the east, get off on the main Lionshead stop.
Pensacola, Florida
“Can you say "Quality" and "Service"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2010

Montauk Seafood Grill offers atmosphere and the perfect place for a Romantic dinner. The service was wonderful and the waiter full of humor making the evening even more enjoyable. If you really like good food and great wine, this is the place to dine.

Perdido Key, Florida
“Best Food in Vail”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2010

This is one that tripadvisor has wrong -- We "did" vail right, dined at great places, and this one takes the cake. The best seafood we had. The Ahi tuna special had a side dish that was so flavorful. We do sushi at least once a week and pride ourselves at being discriminating -- Montauk tops our favorate place in DC.

We talked to the manager, like his restaurant - he was friendly, approachable, concerned that we were having the best of dining experiences. We really enjoyed it. This rating is deceptively low. If you want to impress her, take her to Montauk's!

Montreal
“Great food, Great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2010

We just enjoyed a wonderful meal at Montauk. There were 4 in our party and everyone truly enjoyed their meals. Our waiter Teva was probably one of the best waiters we have ever had. Not intrusive but just very attentive. If you are looking for a quite intimate atmosphere this is not the restaurant for you as it is "hopping". If however you want great food and great service make a reservation for Montauks

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Asheville NC
“Very good food and service at reasonable prices by Vail standards”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2010

Eggplant napoleon appetizer was fabulous. Mussels app was also great. Lamb shank was very good with a huge side of swiss chard and mashed potatoes. I really appreciated the veggies being large portions and not an after thought as in most restaurants.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Vail, Colorado
“My wife and I have dined here for years...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2010

My wife and I have dined here for years, and have never been disappointed. It's our favirte restaurant in Vail! I almost always get the lobster mac & cheese and a dozen oysters (the freshest around) to start. My wife usually gets the caesar salad and/ or the artichoke bruchetta which are also excellent! All the fish here is flown in daily and you can defanitely taste the freshness, I love the black cod it's the best I've had since I moved away from Seattle. My wife loves the halibut and says it's the best she's ever had. And you don't need to just have seafood here, the short ribs, steaks, and duck are always great! The wine list is well thought out and thorough, last time I was there I had a 2006 ZD Cabernet that was fantastic. The bar is well stocked as well, I usually start the night out with a Cap Rock Colorado Gin & Tonic, but last time I was there I tried some Blanton's bourbon neat and was blown away! Awesome! Dessert is always great, the sand pie has been on the menu for years and never disappoints. My wife usually gets the creme brulee and I like the chocolate mousse when they have it accompanied by a nice tawny port.. This place is still the best place in Vail! Great food, great service, and a great staff! I just wish tripadvisor would put this listing back into it's rightful place in the top 10 in Vail where it belongs. They deserve it, this restaurant is fantastic!