“Predictably excellent no-nonsense food and service” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Highlands Ranch, Colorado
“Predictably excellent no-nonsense food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

The Ore House is one of our favorite restaurants in Vail Village, and when we want a hearty, pleasant meal without having to get "dressed up", we choose the Ore House. We ate there again on Friday evening, and it was excellent as usual. I had the smallest filet done rare, and it was perfectly done and at least 3" high. The accompanying mashed potatoes and veggies were excellent, as well. My husband had the grilled salmon, and pronounced it perfect. We had the apple crumble pie for dessert, and it, too, was terrific. The service from Forest was excellent and professional, even when I threw him a curveball and asked if he could get me a mixed drink I used to love after skiing--a "hot apple pie". He thought about it, and produced it! I'm sure no one has ordered one of those in years; but, although pricey ($12), it was excellent.

I would highly recommend the Ore House as one of the two best restaurants in Vail Village.

• Visited January 2013

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Terrible Place”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

Really not worth visiting
was recommended this place by our ski rep, and honest, the food was awful. Both my husband and I failed to enjoy our food and the service left a lot to be desired, they were more interested in the Game on TV than the customers.

Visited January 2013
Little Rock, Arkansas
“Great service with delicious food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

We had such a great experience at the Ore House. The steaks are wonderful and dessert was melt in your mouth!

Charlotte, North Carolina
“Great Service Great Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

I have seen the reivews on Ore House, but our experience was very positive. During our Vail vacation at Thanksgiving, we ate at Ore House for Thanksgiving dinner, and then agian 3 days later for my fiance's birthday. The manager was attentive and engaging, the bar was fun ( during our wait) and the food was well prepared and presented. The atmosphere is pub-like when you walk in ,with the dining area around the corner and away from the pub-feel. Try the Kale salad! And Steve, the manager will hand pick the steak for you. If you are looking for good food with a casual friendly atmosphere, this is your place!

• Visited November 2012
Westminster, Colorado
“Average food, poor service, Kids Meals for $13!!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

My family and I dined at the Ore House last night. My parents have been coming to Vail since the 70s and we've eaten at the Ore House more times than I can count. I was extremely disappointed with this visit. The establishment has gone down hill. The portions were much smaller than I remember, the service was mediocre at best, and the unfriendly recipe for mac & cheese was $13 (that neither of my children would eat). I do not recommend this restaurant at all. There are much better options in Vail. These guys need to get their act together!

• Visited January 2013