“Exceptional !!!” 5 of 5 stars

970-476-4671
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Pepi's Bar & Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #35 of 101 restaurants in Vail
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Dining style: Casual Dining
Virginia
“Exceptional !!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

We dined in the Antler Room, the game restaurant part of Pepi's, and it was really outstanding. My wife had the bison and I had the Dover sole. Both excellent meals with prompt and courteous service. We highly recommend the restaurant, and the Gastof Gramshammer hotel to any visitor to Vail.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

65% Recommend
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Nice but not extraordinary food, mean staff.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

This nice restaurant is located right on bridge street, and definitely offers the German favorites one expects when in Vail. The red cabbage is particularly good. However, it is nothing to be blown away by - the schnitzel is a bit flavorless and watery. The real problem here is the staff. The first time I came here I sat at the bar, and the experience was lovely. I was served by a very sweet bartender (Forest?) who was very engaging and knowledgeable, but also very fast and professional. I decided to come back for dinner a few days later expecting it to be just as pleasant. Well, apparently there are problems in the dining room that aren't apparent at the bar. The hostess looked at me as if I was intruding when I walked in, the waitresses were so slow and honestly hostel, and at one point one could hear a manager (I assume,) being very rude towards an employee. The overall feel was that most of the staff were a click hanging out at the service station with one another, and were not interested in their customers. It was so disappointing to feel unwelcome at a place I has so looked forward to coming to. The food is fine, but the experience is extremely lacking.

Visited November 2012
Waterville Valley, New Hampshire
“Lunch in Vail”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

An older Vail establishment and seemed like it would be interesting. We had to sit in their heated tent since they were busy at lunch. People kept coming in and leaving the door open and it was about 10 degrees out. Folks in Vail are used to having someone shut the door for them evidently. Food was ok. My wife had Jagerschnitzel and enjoyed it. I had veal goulash and it was OK. Service was good but I'd only eat there again if I sat inside.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Hudson, Ohio
“Apri Ski at Pepi's”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

My wife and I went to Pepi's Bar for apri ski drinks and snacks. The bar was crowded, noisy and perfect. Even though the bar is small, the turnover was quick so we were able to get a table. Service was good.

We tried the Graubündner Teller, an appetizer with air dried beef, Gruyere cheese and German rye bread. I, being a guy, loved it and my wife liked it.

We didn't try the restaurant but were told by other guests to our hotel that it was very good, particularly if you like game meats.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Verona, Wisconsin
“Unpleasantly surprised”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

The unpleasant surprise started when the hostess arrogantly told me that I could not wear my coat. I argued that my valet with credit cards and money, car keys, house keys, mobile phone, medicines, etc. were in the pockets of my coat and I was not going to leave them out of my reach in another room. We were prepared to leave when she said with a pompous superiority: “OK, you can have your coat, but you must wear it and you are not allowed to put it over your chair.” Obviously, her disdainful and patronizing tone unambiguously indicated that she did not like us, but we were hungry and decided to stay and, therefore, I agreed to wear my coat all the time. The food was average and uninspiring and the service was somewhat below average – for example, we had to ask for bread (typically served with our goulash soups) 3 times and when it finally arrived 10 minutes later, we already finished eating our soups. Interestingly, there were more than 10 people in the same room of the restaurant having their coats hanging over their chairs and most of these coats were much bulkier than mine. When I later (slightly annoyed) described this fact to the hostess, her irritated, condescending response was: “P....s like you are not welcome here.” First I thought that she said “people”, but then I realized that she actually said “p....s”, which corresponded well with her attitude towards us. “Don’t worry we will never come back” was my response and I added that “we’re not used to be treated like a piece of s..t by stupid hostesses.” At the time of writing this review, Pepi’s Bar & Restaurant is rated no. 44 in Vail, which probably truly reflects its average food quality, but certainly “no. 44” also means “heavily overrated” in terms of the courtesy and consideration of its staff.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere