“Do not miss Sweet Basil in Vail” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Sweet Basil is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 109 Restaurants in Vail
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Entertaining clients, Local cuisine, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dessert, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Wall Street
Description: Voted #1 in Colorado by Zagat Survey, Sweet Basil has been a must for travelers and locals alike since 1977. The cuisine is creative contemporary American utilizing many cultural influences from around the world. Located in the heart of Vail Village, the restaurant blends fine dining with a captivating "bistro-like" energy.
Montreal, Canada
“Do not miss Sweet Basil in Vail”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

We have been going to Vail for the past 6 years for a week of skiing in February. We always plan on at least on meal at Sweet Basil. It is an excellent restaurant with great choices and superb service. There are very good choices of wine. It is very popular and we find that we have to reserve two or three weeks before the trip.

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Leadville, Colorado
“Good food, over priced”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

We went for lunch and sat outdoors. Our waitress gave good service to those around us, but not us. I ordered the soup (which I had to ask about since she told others but not us), which was a thin lobster soup. I was presented nicely, but the "garnish" was microscopic. The garnish was to be shrimp (not even one small shrimp), cucumber (small half slice) and some herb. It was tasty, but not filling. I had the tuna tartar, but at first they served me the tuna tartan, which I didn't like and they recognized that they had given me the wrong item. I liked the tuna tartar, but OMG SMALL! My partner had the caesar salad, which had a nice dressing, but was small, simple and overpriced. She also had a cheeseburger, which she enjoyed and felt that the fries were excellent. For these items and one soda the bill was just over $58. A lot for lunch and I wasn't full when we left.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Delicious, but Fancy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

Our doorman at the Four Seasons recommend it and it was good. We had great service and it was perfect weather. Everything was very fancy for a casual summer night! I would go back but some other spots were even better!

Aubrey, Texas
“Deserves the Great Rating!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

Made Reservations this past Saturday night at 8pm, we called to see if we could dine earlier and they accommodated us. We had informed them when we made the reservation that it was our anniversary so they made sure we got the best table on the deck with the River view. I had the Alaskan Salmon and my husband had the Lamb. Dennis, our waiter's recommendation for my husband. We were both so pleased with our choices. The food was delicious and the service pretty much perfect. For perfect service ask for Dennis. We would dine here again for sure.

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Creative menu”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

One of our favorite spots in Vail. Menu is creative. Wine list is very good. Service with smiles. Very accommodating. Whether you go for lunch or dinner, you won't be disappointed.

Visited June 2014