“The best restaurant in Vail” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Terra Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 101 Restaurants in Vail
Cuisines: American, French
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Borrowing the Latin word for Earth in its name, Terra Bistro has been transforming whole foods into gourmet innovations for more than 17 years. Today, Terra Bistro is still considered a leader in the gourmet green movement. Our menus are 100% all – natural and our recipes utilize 85% to 100% certified organic ingredients. Over the years Terra Bistro has also lead the charge to embrace earth - friendly and humane values in operating our business. Our chef diligently seeks ingredients from sustainable sources and humane conditions. All seafood on our menu is Seafood Watch approved and/or a member of the CleanFish Alliance. Terra Bistro employs an in-house state-of-the art water purification and bottling system, which each year prevents thousands of bottles from entering our local landfill. We are also partnered with the Humane Society of the United States and the ProtectSeals campaign. World-renowned and a local favorite, Terra Bistro is a must for the green-conscious “foodie”.
Scottsdale
“The best restaurant in Vail”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

Our dinner here was absolutely perfect in every respect. We were warmly welcomed by the maitre d', we had a nice table by the window in a lovely room with perfect ambiance, the service was excellent - attentive but not hurried. As for our actual meals everything was wonderful. Both appetizers were delicious and innovative. My wife's main of lamb shank was a huge portion done perfectly and accompanied by roasted root vegetables. My pappardelle with wild boar ragu was also a very generous portion and certainly they did not skimp on the ragu. The pasta was perfectly al dente and perhaps the best I've ever had outside of Italy. This is fine dining at it's very best.

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Kitchener
“Fabulous”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

The food was delicious. The service was impeccable. The atmosphere was excellent. The duck confit was crispy and perfectly cooked, but I am knocking off one star because I felt it was a bit too salty. The meal was just a hair shy of perfection.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Horrible!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014 via mobile

Don't know what happened, but every meal was horrible and the service was even worse! I would highly recommend thinking twice about dining at this restaurant! Various meals were under-cooked, others were over cooked and we literally all felt I'll after the meal. On top of all that, it was incredible expensive. Be warned....

Visited January 2014
Houston, Texas
“Best Duck Confit You'll ever have!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

On our third night in Vail, we decided to have dinner at Terra Bistro based on the recommendations of The Sebastian's concierge. A fantastic choice I must say!
First, our Bulgarian waiter always with a smile gave us excellent suggestions. For starters, the sweet potato ravioli and pistachio crusted goat cheese were perfect. But for me, the star dish was the crispy duck leg confit. The duck was perfectly cooked. Every ingredient in that dish made sense and all blended together beautifully to make a succulent main course meal. I specially loved the butternut squash risotto in combination with the candied bacon . My sister's coriander rubbed ahi was also very good. I specially liked the Tamari vinaigrette.
We still had room for dessert (as always) and I definitely recommend the Bittersweet chocolate molten.

The ambiance in the restaurant was really nice. It's a great place for couples, especially after skiing. Prices are a bit high, but definitely worth the quality of the dishes. Plus, their portions are pretty good... Definitely felt full after dinner that night. I'd recommend getting reservations a couple of days beforehand since it's a pretty popular fine dining restaurant in Vail.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
canada
“Not a 5 Star Restaurant but Overall Good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014 via mobile

I wanted to like this restaurant more as the setting is so nice and the staff are very accommodating . However for what they charge you are left slightly wanting . I have previously been there a few years ago and at that time rated it a 5 but this time the fish was way over salted as others have commented on. They did bring us a new portion that was much more pleasant but the extreme salt from the first entree was still lingering and slightly tainted our whole experience . Desserts are excellent and they really want to please so I can not justifiably rate them lower. Would probably go back again but would warn them about the salt on some of their dishes.

Visited January 2014