“Best Duck Confit You'll ever have!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Terra Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 109 Restaurants in Vail
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: French, American
Good for: Entertaining clients, Doing business, Special occasions, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dessert, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Borrowing the Latin word for Earth in its name, Terra Bistro has been transforming whole foods into gourmet innovations for more than 17 years. Today, Terra Bistro is still considered a leader in the gourmet green movement. Our menus are 100% all – natural and our recipes utilize 85% to 100% certified organic ingredients. Over the years Terra Bistro has also lead the charge to embrace earth - friendly and humane values in operating our business. Our chef diligently seeks ingredients from sustainable sources and humane conditions. All seafood on our menu is Seafood Watch approved and/or a member of the CleanFish Alliance. Terra Bistro employs an in-house state-of-the art water purification and bottling system, which each year prevents thousands of bottles from entering our local landfill. We are also partnered with the Humane Society of the United States and the ProtectSeals campaign. World-renowned and a local favorite, Terra Bistro is a must for the green-conscious “foodie”.
Houston, Texas
“Best Duck Confit You'll ever have!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

On our third night in Vail, we decided to have dinner at Terra Bistro based on the recommendations of The Sebastian's concierge. A fantastic choice I must say!
First, our Bulgarian waiter always with a smile gave us excellent suggestions. For starters, the sweet potato ravioli and pistachio crusted goat cheese were perfect. But for me, the star dish was the crispy duck leg confit. The duck was perfectly cooked. Every ingredient in that dish made sense and all blended together beautifully to make a succulent main course meal. I specially loved the butternut squash risotto in combination with the candied bacon . My sister's coriander rubbed ahi was also very good. I specially liked the Tamari vinaigrette.
We still had room for dessert (as always) and I definitely recommend the Bittersweet chocolate molten.

The ambiance in the restaurant was really nice. It's a great place for couples, especially after skiing. Prices are a bit high, but definitely worth the quality of the dishes. Plus, their portions are pretty good... Definitely felt full after dinner that night. I'd recommend getting reservations a couple of days beforehand since it's a pretty popular fine dining restaurant in Vail.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

canada
“Not a 5 Star Restaurant but Overall Good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014 via mobile

I wanted to like this restaurant more as the setting is so nice and the staff are very accommodating . However for what they charge you are left slightly wanting . I have previously been there a few years ago and at that time rated it a 5 but this time the fish was way over salted as others have commented on. They did bring us a new portion that was much more pleasant but the extreme salt from the first entree was still lingering and slightly tainted our whole experience . Desserts are excellent and they really want to please so I can not justifiably rate them lower. Would probably go back again but would warn them about the salt on some of their dishes.

London
“Excellent experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

Went here twice in December and January and was impressed with the place. It is just off from a 5 star experience as the waiters on the second visit were all over the place. Not sure what was happening that day. But don't get me wrong - this is very good.

The food is excellent - I had a steak and salmon on my two visits. The Brussels certainly take some getting used to - very over-powering flavor - but I actually liked that.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Rockville, Maryland
“Wonderful meal and dining room”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

This is a beautiful and popular old-style large restaurant with fabulous service and food. I ordered the trout and highly recommend it.

San Juan, Puerto Rico
“One of the very best in Vail”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

The overall experience was fantastic. A foodie paradise. The food is prepared with the freshest and organic ingredients. And the service is extraordinary. If you are looking for a great lunch or a fabulous dinner (different menu for dinner, lighter fare for lunch yet great) you will love this place. It has a wonderful, soothing vibe.