“amazing , tasty well crafted food.” 5 of 5 stars

970-476-0123
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Mountain Standard is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 109 Restaurants in Vail
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American, Grill, Bistro, Eclectic
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Transit: The Vail Village free in town bus shuttle is available year round throughout the village. Take the bus to the Covered Bridge stop and proceed as noted below. Free public transportation is also available from East to West Vail into the Transportation Center at the main parking structure.
Description: From the creators of the legendary Sweet Basil in Vail Colorado, comes a fresh, innovative new restaurant. Aptly named Mountain Standard, this rustic and relaxed tavern aims to set a new standard in the Vail valley by using an ancient form of cooking.The majority of Mountain Standard’s menu is prepared via the most primal cooking method: over an open and live wood fire. The only restaurant in the valley to devote themselves to this age-old way of cooking, the food at this exciting new restaurant has rustic, bold and honest flavors, focusing on the purest ingredients in the Rocky Mountain region and beyond.Service, like the cuisine, has that perfect balance of providing a first class dining experience with a more casual vibe. There is no smoke and mirrors here – no fuss – just simple, honest, from the heart service and cooking. The beauty of the creek side location is mirrored by the high energy vibe of this dynamic restaurant.It is this energy, outstanding service, and hand crafted food that enables Mountain Standard to offer a truly unique dining experience, approachable and enjoyable to everyone.
miami
“amazing , tasty well crafted food.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

you will not get disappointed. food , and service is excellent. in the summer patio is open and it makes it so special to dine and overlook the gore creek.

Denver, Colorado
“MY OH MY, EAT HERE!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

This restaurant was amazing! We sampled several small plates and shared some mains. The pimento cheese is to DIE for and the grilled bread had me swooning! We had oyster shooters which were fresh and well done. The corn chowder with crab was so tasty we were almost to the point of licking the bowl.

For our main courses we ordered the chicken and biscuits (which is rotisserie style, not fried) and the pork loin. The chicken is served with well roasted skin and roasted carrots. The chicken was cooked perfectly and was very tender and juicy--even the white meat. The carrots that accompanied it had great flavor but the best part was this perfect, fluffy, delicious biscuit underneath. SO GOOD! It's hard to bake anything that fluffy at high elevation, but they've got it down. The pork loin was cooked perfectly as well. It was served with creamed corn, a ham vinaigrette and some wilted greens-- WOW! This dish knocked our socks off.

All dishes were well thought out, nicely plated, and executed perfectly. I would eat here every night of the week if I could. AMAZING!!!! Eat here, seriously... DO NOT MISS OUT ON THIS PLACE!

Omaha, Nebraska
“Great food, great environment”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

We went to this restaurant during our stay in Vail. I was a little hesitant, because the entrees on the menu were a little different than I am used to. But, the food was awesome! I had the pork tenderloin, and it was do juicy, plus the corn that came with it was phenomenal. My husband had the ribeye, and it was good, but nothing out of this world. I ordered off their drink menu, couldn't tell you what it was, so it wasn't that memorable. I would say the wait staff was a little stretched. It took our waitress awhile to even greet us, and then the drinks took awhile. I do know another table near us complained due to the amount of time it took to get their drinks. All in all a great place to eat, but a little expensive!

Clayton, Missouri
“Another very good meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014 via mobile

This was our second visit to Mountain Standard, and it was very good. The restaurant was very busy and service a touch on the slow side.

I have trouble finding a (non-meat) entree, but did end up with a couple of appetizers which were very nice.

It's one of the top rated, high end restaurants in Vail and probably worth checking out if you are a foodie.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Isle of Palms, South Carolina
“Great!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our meal. All of the ingredients were fresh and of high quality. My salmon was cooked perfectly and my husband loved his trout!! The dessert menu is fantastic, the service was great and all of the staff were very friendly and helpful. Prices were not out of line with casual fine dining in Vail - worth every penny!!!