My Husband and I had a quick 2-night getaway March 28th & 29th to Vail. With Easter being so early this year Vail was packed! We stayed at the Vail Apex Holiday Inn in West Vail. I choose the Holiday Inn for 3 reasons.
1, The location, I like West Vail it is right by the Safeway, Sports Authority and a couple restaurants. Making it very convenient for those taking a shuttle in from DIA. You really don’t need a car if you stay here. We did not use ours at all. There are three restaurants on site, a Sushi Place, the Westside Café, our go to place for breakfast in Vail to matter where we stay and a Bar and Grill.
2. Dog Friendly. We brought ours and it worked out great. There were a number of other dogs on the floor and a couple of times you could hear them for a brief moment as you walked down the hall but we never heard anything once we were in the room. I doubt anyone would be bothered. All the dog and owners I encountered had the dogs on a leash with a plastic bag at the ready. All were very friendly.
3. Value, Free Shuttle, Free Parking and when we were there no Resort Fee making this a very good value. The shuttle was super convenient we took it both mornings and returned on it once. Our driver was great, though I was surprised by the number of folks that did not tip, even when he was juggling several pairs of skis for them. We found out that the Red line town bus also goes to the hotel with very limited stops between so you really have 2 options. We never waited more than a couple of minutes for a lift back "home"
Other things I enjoyed. Just down the road behind the hotel is a nice little park with a playground should you have any little ones that want to play. Also just down the frontage road about ½ mile is a trail that my pups enjoyed each morning. A nice Spa area with outdoor pool an in door hot-tub and steam room. Everything was spotless!
A nice touch was that there was a washer and dryer available on our floor. Handy for longer visits.
Our room was cute with nice bedding and plenty of towels. I love Holiday Inns when you, like me, forget something like tooth paste. A call to the front desk and they brought me some pronto. Great service all the way around!
I did hear that they have condo like accommodations too. Sounds great for families needing a bit more room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn Apex Vail Hotel is a remodeled multi-million dollar hotel. As a Vail Quality Holiday Inn, the amenities on-site match those of a 5-star resort. On-site you will find three popular restaurants of varied cuisine from sushi to Mexican, a breathtaking cozy lobby lounge, richly appointed hotel rooms and mountain style condominiums , as well as a massage studio for an affordable yet luxurious experience. We pride ourselves in offering our guests a truly unique combination of outstanding products and guest experience combined with value. The Holiday Inn Apex Vail Hotel is located just minutes away from Vail Village and offers a free shuttle service to the Vail Ski Mountain throughout the winter. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, BookIt.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Vail reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn - Apex Vail Hotel Vail
- Vail Holiday Inn